Survarium

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pip314, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It turns out that all of the in-game bonuses included with the Polish boxed version of the game were for new accounts only. Unsurprisingly, this caused hordes of angry Poles to swarm the Survarium forum as there were plenty of people playing the closed beta in Poland already. This was practically a scam, because none of this information was released until after the game went on sale. 50 złotych may not seem like much, but you've gotta remember that wages are immensely lower in Poland than they are in Western Europe and Northern America. Besides, you are spending money on a box, some small feelies and aforementioned bonuses, as the game is otherwise F2P... not to mention it's still in beta.

Meanwhile, a moderator on the Survarium forum (goes by the name of Gamertech) was acting like an absolute dickhead and showing amazing levels of ignorance. If any of you post on Vostok's English forum, beware of this mighty asshole. I have no idea how this guy was accepted as a moderator, he's just an absolute prick. Anyway, thankfully VG backtracked on their decision, though only in part. All Polish gamers - playing Survarium in Poland - who bought this version of the game and already had an account will be able to redeem the codes after all. Overall, it's great that they decided cheating and lying isn't the best way to gain more sales, but I'm sad to inform that you won't be able to get this in-game stuff if you order it from outside of Poland. At least that's the impression I'm getting.

2. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

As far as I can see, there is no option to order from any other countries. Thoose shops which are selling it are not have english language options sadly. I would need only for the box anyway, but I still cannot buy. I will looking for it on eBay.

I thing VG doing wrong with the communication with the non russian community, the actual members of the team from the studio are not really there. Most of them are speaking english, they should be there if you ask me.

#62 Autumnal Wanderer, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Agreed. In all honesty, Vostok are making really bad decisions when it comes to the community. And it's not just their fans outside of Russia. The East Slavic territories (Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia) have been doing most of the testing. I know there's a crapload of Poles and other Eastern Europeans playing the game already, but the Russian-speaking territories had access even earlier... yet the first country to get a boxed edition is Poland? Combine this with the fact that they planned for the bonuses included with this version of the game to be redeemable for new accounts only, and it's not hard to come to the conclusion that this is just a quick cash in. :eek:hwell:

4. Autumnal Wanderer

Yeah, it is not too god decision at all. If they making a boxed edition to every region, I would say fine, but for only one country? That makes my heart breaking. To be honest I am not really feel that I am testing a game at all. The Bohemia makes weekly update about Dayz Standalone for example about what they are doing, and what they started to develop. This lack of communication okay with a standard AAA game, but not here. I still love their work though.

5. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I just find it odd for a free-to-play game developer to be trying to sell their free-to-play game. And I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again: I hate it when developers get involved with their fan-based community so early on. It always creates problems like this. Almost all the developers that do this manage to get everybody's hopes up and release a turd of a game as if falls short from what the community was expecting. Then, there will be those that say "oh, no....what are you talking about?! This game is great! It's far better than what I could have ever wished for!" But, in reality, they are just putting on a fake smile and trying to find a way of convincing themselves that the game lived up to all of the hype and didn't actually suck. To me, it seems like, the more that the community gets involved in the early stages of the game's development, the more flaws it will have at the end.

I know this is a large game that requires a lot of testing to try and iron out any bugs, but ahhgggg...It makes me wish the developers could do it all on their own and not involve so many people during testing.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yep, they are basically selling a beta of a free-to-play game. One could argue that the digital bonuses and feelies are worth more than 50 złotych, and that's probably correct, but it's still all a bit silly.

7. Autumnal Wanderer

From their facebook page:

Edit:
    [YOUTUBE]0mleDuqUvfM[/YOUTUBE]

#67 Autumnal Wanderer, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

9. Autumnal Wanderer

Yeah, I may revisiting this game, unfortunetly I don't really have time to that for now.

10. VICEROID

VICEROID New Member

Hi guys! I have good news)
    You can get free 2 week premium account + 100 gold.

Register and play at this link: account.survarium.com/ru/referal/DE2F4987A8FE126

[​IMG]

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This is pretty nice, thanks for sharing. It's for new accounts so I can't use it personally, but maybe others will.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I just wanted to say that, at least from my experience, the English-speaking admins of Survarium are assholes. One of them flames users on the forum and is generally unhelpful, the other seems ok on the forums but I was once in a match with him and he left his team mid-game after complaining about how badly they were doing... this might seem like no big deal, but it's a dick move in Survarium because there is no way for players to join mid-game (so if someone leaves during a match, the team is stuck with one person less for the whole 15 minutes), and I don't see how admins - people who are supposed to be an example to others - can act like this. It's another example of Vostok Games not really communicating with their non-Russian-speaking fans well. Even though the admins don't work for them, they are selected by them so they should know who they're picking.

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

If anyone who hasn't yet played the game yet registers using this link, they will get 100 gold in-game and premium account status for 14 days. This might also net me some bonuses in the long run, but I'm not really sure how it works on my end anyway.

14. Autumnal Wanderer

15. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

That does sound very interesting, though hopefully it's well implemented. I hope there are plenty of exit points and that the map is large enough or else everyone will likely just camp around them with sniper rifles.

16. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

The Survarium servers don't support my OP-system, which is Windows XP. I'm going to have to upgrade soon, considering that all the games will now be made to run on Windows Vista or Windows 7 and up. Stupid Windows -__-

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Now we're talking, about time they posted some news on that! :D This is shaping up to be quite awesome, assuming they'll actually put all of this in the game. The idea of karma is great as it seems kinda necessary for these open world survival multiplayer games. Also, I hope by telling us that we will be able to contact other players they mean that they will implement some sort of proximity voice chat. Hopefully they won't completely separate the Russian-speaking players from the rest of European gamers, as the misunderstandings could result in interesting gameplay scenarios... and I'd love to practice my spoken Russian a bit (or just get laughed at). :lol:

18. Autumnal Wanderer

Yeah, it was about time. As it seems some of the concept has changed as my understanding is correct, but it makes even more interesting. Now we just need some gameplay foottage from this game mode. Most of the ex S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans are waiting for this game mode, and we can finally have some story content.

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

A while ago it was announced that Vostok Games planned to divide the servers up into regions: Commonwealth of Independent States, Europe (EU) and North America. My worries about this was that it was a terrible decision from practically every point of view: old fans of the game would lose international friendships and clans, players outside of those regions would once again be marginalised, EU server would have little activity and thus screwed up matchmaking, NA server would be pretty much empty. I was also enjoying the numerous Ukrainians and Russians I got to meet on the game and didn't want to lose that. VG said that we will be given an option to change the server for free but only once and for a limited amount of time after the update.

So they went ahead with this upgrade (or downgrade, really)... and it's absolutely terrible. NA server isn't even up yet, EU server has a very low population and everyone is just switching to CIS server where they don't have to wait an extra 10 minutes for unbalanced matches. I got automatically assigned to CIS (probably due to the fact that I was in a Russian-speaking clan), but now I can't even view the European version of the website let alone post on it when I'm logged into my account. All of my EU friends are gone from my friends list in-game. The only good part is that they changed their mind last minute and we can now change our server at will, but no more than once a day... I don't feel like switching servers whenever someone I know asks me to play with them, but it's not like I can see the option to do that anywhere.

As one of my friends put it: "gg vostok you killed your game before it even went out of beta". I don't quite understand how a development team can make such senseless decisions - they should get rid of their management or really rethink their ways if it's the majority. Anyway, not much point in playing the game now. And don't even think of spending any cash on this game, be it for a premium account, gold or some other shitty item bundle. The idea (especially for freeplay) was brilliant, but this studio doesn't deserve a penny from anyone until they change their ways.

EDIT #1: I can now access the European forum whilst being in CIS region. Well done Vostok! Now I can add to the frustration of other users! :D
    EDIT #2: It looks like the EU servers have been down for a few days. :lol:

#80 Bamul, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015