Suggested starting class for Neverwinter

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by Touchstone, May 14, 2015.

1. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hello everyone! I'm thinking of playing this game sometime in the near future. I'm curious though, what class do you suggest I start out with? I'm interested in trying out the Control Wizard and Paladin classes. I will check out a basic guide to avoid screwing up my attribute and skill allocations.

2. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

If I remember right you can respec in this game, so don't worry about messing up your skills just pick a class that fits your style and just get a few levels into the game and see if you like it or not. The leveling in this game is really quick as it is, so you'll know by at least the time that you finish the tutorial if you want to stick with it or not. I did this for about 3 or 5 classes before I stuck with the Great Weapons Fighter.

3. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

It depends what you want to be in the game. If you want to be good support back up in dungeons and in PVP you can choose Control Wizard, which is what I've chosen and it's great though. You can choose Paladin, Rouge or Warrior if you're happy with killing people rather than being someone who supports the entire team. All classes have a function, you would have to choose accordingly. You can have a good read about them on their wiki page.

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say, go with Rogue. The class is really flexible and you have a ton of options to just break out of combat into the safe zone. Very easy to play as well and the class dishes out a ton of damage.

5. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Rouge or Control Wizard are great options.

6. Chris_A

Regular

I have yet to try out the Ranger and the Paladin. They seem really cool, and the fact that the Ranger can use both melee and ranged weapons seems to make it really versatile.

7. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Stay away from Paladin because I've heard thati t sucks a lot.

8. Chris_A

Regular

You think? I would have seen that class as a hybrid between a tank and a healer, and that should be good fun to play in a party. But who knows?

9. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

The rogue is a good class to play for the first day or two until you learn the game a little better, or as you said, a control wizard. It really depends on what part of the game you want to focus though, pvp or grouping can give very different answers.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, it depends on what you want to do in the game, but Control Warrior, Rogue and Ranger are some of the best classes for starters. Look on the wiki and experience for yourself! :D

11. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

The control wizard to me seemed like one of the easier classes. However, it really depends on what your preference for playing is. I don't think you can go wrong and you can always make another character after you've played a bit to get a hang of things.

12. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love playing Cleric and Hunter because their tab skills completely change the gameplay. So much more versatile and engaging.

13. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agreey very great options