Stupid things you did while playing metro 2033

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by GoodLordApollo, Dec 15, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Librarians are bigger, slower and therefore easier to shoot than Lurkers. You also have to deal with fewer of them with no more than 1 at a time if you kill them as they come at you instead of running. They're not even that difficult to kill, especially on Ranger Hardcore where it only takes about 5 shots with the uboyneg, even less for the Hellsing. They're only a problem if they get close but knowing when to shoot, dodge and reload is the trick.

2. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

First playthrough I didn't really understand the concept of "ammunition money" so I basically shot all of my MGRs and could never buy any cool weapons.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I didn't shoot a single MGR in my first playthrough, until I got stuck at the amoeba part. I then used all of my MGRs on the damn things and got through it fine. Since then, I've also found other ways for dealing with the amoebas even without shooting the ammo. On my other three playthroughs, I always saved all of my military grade ammunition and never used it, sometimes spending it on ammunition and filters.

4. Eragon20

Eragon20 Member

Throwing sticky dynamite at a librarian and then hopelessly running away from it only to blow it up and die as well XD :lol:

5. rex "alky'' change

rex "alky'' change Well-Known Member

when i meet bourbon for the first time :D

6. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

let's see....

getting lost inside the library, killing the lurkers and then fall into a hole after killing them all, go with nikki! :rolleyes:

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

Downing a big glass of wine. That was a horrible playthrough :lol:

8. pulkmees

pulkmees Member

1st playthrough
    1.Did not notice the difference between the dirty rounds and the currency rounds and ended up shooting away half my supply.
    2.Did not check more places for supplies.I managed to miss many corpses, even though
    I´m one of those players, who search every area for every single thing they could find(Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 were a goldmine for me).This also meant I missed many gold ammo spots.
    3.Did not open any red(ish) lockers in the game, because I thought they were just decoration(even though the first one you see has the revolver, your first gun in it)
    4.Getting angry at the fact that throwing knives didn´t kill bodyarmored enemies from the front and trying again for 11 times.
    5.Not killing the Librarians.
    6.Killing Librarians with bullets(Instead of Helsing arrows)
    7.Not destroying the Holes in which the Amoebas spawn from.YEAH, YOU CAN DESTROY THE HOLES, WTF.Well, apparently they also take quite a lot of bullets to kill, but if you scavenged enough, then you should have 300/400 rounds of absolutely everything in the game.
    8.Going with Nikki even though I knew something bad was going to happen.I just thought that something like that would never effect gameplay.Usually games are quite forgiving when you fuck up, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how it was done in this game.I naturally reloaded the checkpoint.
    9.Missing morals points, because I did not search places, where I thought it was pointless to search(maybe that was the point they were trying to make?) and did not speak to people, because I thought they were just typical NPCs, who would respond with a automated response.I also did not find the place where I could broadcast the tape, which the Commander in Defense gave me.Usually when a game asks me to do something like that, it´s important to the story and it´s usually done in a safe zone or a cut scene.I did not even think to go to the Outpost roof.

9. VanillaToshi

LMAO, playing Metro now and on the Outpost level I thought i'd killed all the demons flying around, stood on the roof of the outpost aiming at a Nazi on guard duty (he doesn't know i'm there), a demon came out of nowhere, hit me and somehow knocked me off the roof and I died :laugh:

10. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Librarians are easy! just stare at them :3

11. VanillaToshi

Eurgh, wine :puke:... I think mead is the only wine I like, it's wonderful.

12. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

Wasting all my filters and not buying any at Riga/Market. I had to do the rest of the game after Polis repeatedly putting the gas mask on, taking it off, waiting 25 seconds to maximise my time, putting the gas mask on, taking it off and so on. I managed to get to D6 with 3 out of 5 minutes of gas time I had left after Polis. Luckily, Miller gave me some spare. Going through the Library, balancing filter time and fighting the Librarians was a nightmare. Luckily I had the Volt Driver and that OWNS the Librarian.

Second Biggest Mistake? Possibly not taking either the Tihar, Volt Driver or Heavy Automatic Shotgun at Armory. Sure, the Uboinik is good, but at the later missions, you need to go full stealth, or prepare for a heavy fight, and the Uboinik isn't good enough.

13. metro

metro Member

destroying my keyboard,..............

14. zin

zin Active Member

Probably looking down the lurker holes and falling down few times. Or trying to outrun the timer when blowing the tunnel. I just needed to loot that corpse of explosives after I set the charge, did not work so well. Once I tried to get the Frontline achievement on Ranger Hardcore by killing all soldiers but I forgot the prisoners, pretty fail. That was one hour or so wasted.

Well you can always walk up to the laser targeting system and knife it, bet you didn't know that :p

Yea done that one time without a clue and second time for fun :p

Always seemed like an odd scene, so aggressive at first and then calmly walking away as he sees you next time.

15. Scribbles

Scribbles Member

I wasted all my ammo before getting to the amoebas. It took me an hour to get past them because I didn't know I could destroy the pods. I was running around desperately chasing amoebas trying to kill them before Miller walked into them and got himself killed. Eventually I figured it out but it still sucked using a knife. Miller, why? It was my first play through and I was not as careful with ammo as I should have been and wasn't good at looking for it. Also, not buying tons of filters was... problematic. Second play through on Ranger was awesome though.

16. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

Not buying the Helsing for stealth kills until a month ago.

17. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Shooting the librarians while yelling "come at muh brah"

18. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Shooting every librarian I found.

Then, when I finished the game, I discovered that I could avoid them.

19. SimonTessem

SimonTessem Member

I always scavange for far to long..