Stuck after Depot

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, May 14, 2013.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

After the Depot level with Pavel, you end up on your own in a green-lighting room. When this level starts, the game is bugged out. Everything is gone. The bottom half of the world is in a deep blue-grey color and the top half is the heaven and the skies. I'm able to shoot, reload, do anything, except any movement. It's like I'm spawned stuck outside of the map. I've tried restarting the mission, even starting from an earlier mission to get there. I've tried killing myself which is impossible because the grenades disappear upon throwing them. I also tried starting a whole new game from scratch.

I've had this problem before a long time ago when I wanted to complete it for the fifth time, but then this bug appeared. Because of that, I uninstalled the game and didn't play it for a long time. Now I've reinstalled it and am finally playing it on Ranger Hardcore which I absolutely love. It gives the game replay value. I've also connected my TV screen to my PC just now, and it works fine in Metro2033. An absolutely tremendeous experience to play that game with this huge screen. So this bug is really becoming a pain in the neck.

I have a screenshot of how it looks, in steam, but with the new screenshot manager thing in steam, I cba to find it because it'd take ages to scroll down all those slow-loading pages. Although, if the screenshot would help a lot in the case, I'd gladly find it. Thanks in advance for any possible help.

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I told you man, your graphics card is the problem. Try at 720p and min?

3. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Kill yourself by holding the grenade in your hands maybe?

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Alright, I tried lowering the graphics to minimum possible, and now it won't even load the level; it freezes at the loading screen (Although the music continues for some reason).
    It will perfectly load and play all previous missions though..

5. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

buy a sexbox?:D

6. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me once, but I was able to play normally, only the colour were wrong (almost everything was white/light green). It stopped after changing the graphic quality, I was playing on Medium, after switching to High everything was back to normal