Quantcast

Steam

Discussion in 'More Civilization' started by ad.mike2016, Aug 25, 2016.

1. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016 Member Regular

How do we all feel about having to have Steam to play Civ V? I know you can play offline but I recently ran into a problem where the computer that I have Civ V loaded onto wont pick up any wireless signals. For some reason when I click on the Civ icon it prompts me that I am currently offline so I click on the play offline mode but it then keeps taking me to a Steam update page. It sits for about 5 minutes then tells me all the Steam servers are currently busy. Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, how can I get around it. I do have other computers but I haven't loaded the game onto them yet. I would only do this as a last resort.

2. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

You can go to the steam's StamApps folder and search up the game folder and execute the .exe file and see if it works, if not then you will have to use Steam with the offline mode.

3. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

I have the same problem

4. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I was bummed at first, just because I thought that I had Steam all figured out and I thought I was all against it. Turns out it is not so bad, and it just took some getting used to.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

It's definitely an annoyance to have it on Steam, but I've come to live with it and since I have so many games in my Steam Library I don't mind the extra interface to get to a game. You're just going to have to get used to it, I'm afraid.