Stealth kills.

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Clear Sky Stalker, May 1, 2013.

1. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

So we've all seen in the trailers that artyom can now do first person stealth kills sort of like far cry 3s takedowns.

what do you think of this?

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Well I've seen both takedowns and just regular slashes that still kill in one hit so I'm fine with it.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I think I'll end up using stealth kill more than what I originally attended just like in AVP 2010.

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

It would be preety damn cool

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think it's awesome because they're giving us a non-lethal way of taking out enemies. This will make my no human kills playthrough easier... actually, I just realized that's not necessarily a good thing. :eek:hwell: Well, anyway, I guess it's good either way because it gives the player more choice.

6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Depends

Stealth kills and Stealth Knockouts should be different. If you slash someone's throat thus killing them, an animation should be shown during close engagement and you should be left vulnerable during the time. It takes longer but is obviously a more rewarding kill.

A stealth knockout should not result in a kill. The enemy is temporarily left immobilized but can still get up.

7. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Like you said

8. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

That's what I'd love to see. It'd be cool if they went into an alert state afterwards too unless you get them in the right circumstances for example if an enemy is as drunk as that guy wandering around in the "Lost Tunnels" mission you can knock him out and he just thinks he fell or passed out or something when he wakes up.

9. zin

zin Active Member

Well, regular slashes were the worst way in Metro 2033 to take out human enemies, they scream and the rest get alert of your presence. The Last Light takedown looks pretty neat, hopefully you can make it silent to avoid drawing unwanted attention.

10. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Indeed, it was impossible (for me) to take someone down silently with a regular knife, which was really annoying. I'm only afraid that they use 3-4 kinds of takedowns and you get to see them over and over.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Guys, don't expect anything too elaborate for stealth. As much as I'd like to see something bigger as well, I'm pretty sure that the stealth options will be only slightly better than they were in M2033. After all, Metro is a shooter with elements of stealth. It's not a stealth game. ;)

12. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

The knife and knockout takedowns are both stealthy. Biggest difference is that you can start a knife kill from further away... I think. I've always just done the knockouts for a non-lethal approach. The knife kills look "better" but the knockouts are funnier, I would say.

There is also an achievement for not killing anyone if you can help it. Besides, you do want that other ending eventually, don't you?

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

confirmed two endings. :D

14. Radaway

Radaway Member

Trying to beat this game without killing anyone....Is becoming more and more difficult and less and less fun.

Stealth Assassin run however- amazing

15. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Not into the context sensitive, automatic killing. It's far too simple to beat a level when mechanics like this are in place. In 2033, it felt risky and dangerous to approach an enemy with a knife, and oftentimes proved to be a faulty approach when the attack failed to kill. Where is the challenge, where is the risk? I will simply not be afraid to approach enemies now that all I have to do is press a single button and watch Artyom slaughter.

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

To some extent I agree, but I think that it's also slightly more realistic this way. In real life - if you were sneaking up on an enemy - you wouldn't just slash at him with your knife. You would go for the spot that will definitely kill, such as slitting the throat or breaking the neck, or something. And it makes sense that Artyom would know this, now that he is a ranger. Still, I agree that it will be easier this way and that's not a good thing.

17. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

If it was real life he probably wouldn't slit the neck or something like that. waaaaay to messy.

18. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

19. asume5

asume5 Active Member

it makes stealth runs and non lethal runs much easier, its good that you can actually use your knife for stealth kills this time and not have to purely rely on throwing knives.