Star Wars Humble Bundle

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This one has been on for a while now, but in case anyone still hasn't seen it - here is a link. It's a very good deal as all of the games included are classics. Only 4 days are left.

For pay what you want, you get:
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    • Star Wars: Dark Forces
    Paying more than the average of (atm) $11.53, you receive:
    • All of the above
    • Star Wars: Battlefront II
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
    • Star Wars: Republic Commando
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    • Star Wars: Starfighter
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    If you pay $12 or more, you buy:
    • All of the above
    • Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack
    • Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
    • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
    So, if you're planning to get all of them, you can purchase 12 games for 12 dollars. I can reccomend most of the games included as I've played them myself (and if you're a Star Wars fan, then you will definitely want to snatch these up if you haven't already). The only ones I can't personally speak for are the Empire at War gold pack and Force Unleashed II, as I don't have them yet. Same applies to Jedi Knight II: Dark Forces - although I do own that game I just haven't tried it yet, since I ran into trouble when launching it on a contemporary system.

2. Ah geez. I want that.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Most of these games look old, and I don't have much patience for old games. I got Jedi Outcast for my old Xbox a while back, it was horribly boring.

I have played Force Unleashed 2, but not the first (sinfully, yes, I know), so I'd like to get the first one, and then play the second one over again. Jedi Academy, I've completed countless times. An absolutely amazing and awesome game. I've tracked many hours with both that, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, and Republic Commando. I haven't played Knights of the old republic, but a few steamfriends of mine do and they say it's really awesome. I think it looks kinda weird but I still wanna try it.

All in all, I would buy this underpriced bundle of awesome games, if it wasn't for the fact that I've already gotta complete Dying Light, and then there's finally GTA V :rolleyes:

4. KOTOR series is Mass Effect 0.5. Romantic interests, branching decisions that lead to the same outcome, side missions where decisions actually do branch out into different outcomes, Light/Dark side karma is a predecessor of the Paragon/Renegade. D&D style role playing system. Randomized loot. Guns and blades and sabers and force abilities as well as a cool plotline with a few interesting plot twists and revelations.

Jedi Outcast series are the best FPS/TPS hybrid games about SW period, mostly due to the fact that with the saber realistic combat cheat you can cut everyone and everything into mincemeat. It makes lightsabers into fearsome weapons like in the movies as opposed to glowing sticks that you beat your enemies to death with. It also fixes the jedi vs jedi battles as you won't need to swing at an enemy for half an hour anymore while stances and combos actually matter. Force pull an enemy, impale them on the saber and watch them slide downwards and slump of the floor in a pile of limbs.

Force Unleashed series simply cut out all the FPS mechanics, dismemberment and went over the top with lightsaber/power use. Lightsabers are just glowing sticks again, even with upgrades. The plot is ridiculous too, but eh. It can be stupid fun if you get a hang of the combos.

Dark Forces and Dark Forces II are Jedi Outcast predecessors for MS DOS. They have little value other than enjoying the old classics. You can go watch the plot on YT too, and I would recommend that for these two, as issues with FOV and screen refresh rate make me nauseous.

Republic commando is a squad based shooter with amazing characters stuck in a shitty plot, which is stupid fun and has some interesting gameplay mechanics as well as a twist ending. It happens parallel to the plots of episodes 2 and 3 of the movies.

Empire at war is a real time strategy clone of Command and Conqueror. It's pretty cool, but it's basically a spin off with little connection to the actual movies.

And Starfighter one is a space arcade thing released with Episode 1. Kinda meh.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks for summing it up, seems like you've got quite the experience with these games. They don't sound too exciting :lol:

6. Well, I've played all of them. And don't know about you, but I'm going to try and pick legal copies of these if I can before this bundle sale is over :)

7. Scratch that, the price never went down below $11.53. In fact it has not changed at all in four days.