Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

I lurked around youtube for a while and ended up finding a review/interview of this game by none other than Benjamin Burnley himself, the vocalist of Breaking Benjamin. I know he's been interested in the Halo games for some time, and now plays (or played) Star Wars Battlefront 3.
    [YOUTUBE]?v=zzvKDWcZkQs&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

There's no denying the game has many flaws, and perhaps even does suck, but this interview is a sorry excuse for a "review", he acts just like any butthurt kid who doesn't like the game, and sucks at it :lol:
    The funny thing, though, is that EA Games, according to himself, attempted to offer him money for posting on his Instagram that the game is good, but he actually did the opposite. At least he did one thing right :p

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I decided to buy this thing since it's on sale now and I've gotta say that I love it. After playing the open beta, I already knew that the gameplay was going to click for me and it absolutely does. Plus the audio-visual design is just stunningly beautiful - you have to play this if you're into Star Wars, it really is jaw-dropping at times. I'm not gonna go over the pros and cons of the experience since I did that here during the beta (my points remain pretty much the same - it does feel like a bit of a wasted opportunity in the end, since they have all the ingredients for one of the best Star Wars games ever only to miss the mark by skimming on content). It's quite addictive though and I'm really enjoying playing it. If anyone else is thinking of trying it while it's still discounted, I recommend picking up the "ultimate edition" which contains the season pass. You get much more stuff this way and it's worth it, the battle station mode on the Death Star and infiltration mode on Scarif from Rogue One are especially fantastic (plus you get to play as more heroes like Jyn Erso).

Sucks that it has pretty much been confirmed they are making another one of these and rushing it again in time for the next movie's release. I kinda wish they would just stick with this Battlefront game, maybe even release a second season pass to cover the Clone Wars era (plus a one-off DLC set during the Old Republic? that would be badass), but EA is EA...

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Cool man! I was thinking of getting it just after watching the star wars movie. Man, that movie was great!! But, for some reason, I held back. I was literally about to buy it, but something made me change my mind. I can't remember what it was tho. I think it was the idea that the game was going to loose it's audience, at some point; but which game doesn't ? :p I believe I was acting a little dramatic. Haha. And I saw those DLC maps dude! the deathstar one looks epic.

So, I understand that the season pass unlocks the extra maps; however, does the season pass ever expire? I always wondered that about all the other games that advertise season passes. Thanks. Regardless, I think ill go ahead and get the game now ;) Just the graphics alone is worth the purchase.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hahhah, all the times I did this too, before I eventually bought it on sale :lol:
    Watch Angry Joe's review of it, he reviews it so perfectly. The big problem is lack of content and the fact that they're working on a next one already. I will get the season pass now since Bamul says it's so great and worth the money, but the game really didn't click in the same way for me. After literally years of expectations after being done playing Battlefront 2, you can probably imagine how immensely disappointed I am. True, the game is stunning in many ways, even the gameplay can be good at times, but that only lasts for so long until that "Wow!"-factor goes "meh". I grew tired of it really quickly. :eek:hwell:

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's true about the disappointment following Battlefront II, and Nuclear I don't think the season pass ever expires. It is basically like pre-ordering all the DLC that will come out for a game (or, in this case, buying all the DLC that has already come out at a discount since you're spending less than you would if you were to purchase everything separately).

6. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

all I did while playing the beta was shout rebel scum while running round as a stormtrooper on my own, kinda sad when you think of it

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Haha, "rebel scum" goes through my mind almost every time I play as the Empire.