Spoilers do not read if you dont wanna be spoiled!! -_-

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by lightKnight, Jul 30, 2012.

1. lightKnight

lightKnight New Member

Okay. Im wondering, instead of just automatically playing after the bad ending, why dont they add 2 campaigns? 1 with the bad ending, and 1 with the good ending. Personally the good is my favorite because i want to see if the dark ones actually help or betray us. Am i the only one who thinks this is a great idea?:twitch:

2. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

We pretty much talked about this before, my "though" was that if we would continue from the good ending there wouldn't be any serious difficulty for the humans, the dark ones would live, help the humans survive and blah blah...
    With the bad ending things are harder, since the only hope for survival is lost.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

What Nod says is true. Despite how much we dislike it, the bad ending would be the best for the sequel. If they had made one after the good ending and one after the bad ending, they'd have to make two sequels, which means they'd have to be shortened by half. And I, for one, wouldn't like that :p

4. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

Because it takes a few years to make one game, making basically two would kill them.

Also the "Good ending" kind of ruins all tensions, because Arytom basically has control of a super powered army.

5. Campaign №1: Everybody dies.
    Campaign №2: Sunshine and bunnies.

6. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

Nah 1 campaign is good bad ending should be shown for sure. But i would like a even bigger and more complex moral system though maybe going a different way can change who dis and lives and what plays out for your rep amongst the factions. I.e Befriend the reds/Nazis also training a mutant would be cool lol

7. lightKnight

lightKnight New Member

I guess but who knows? Maybe the Dark ones (dont forget they arent really violent) will let the humans fight it out while they try and make the world back at how it was. Or some dark ones dont agree with helping some humans and decided to cause some trouble. I don't know, but i just would like to see what happens after the good ending ya know?:eek:hwell:

8. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I'd like to know, but would it make for an interesting plot? Naw... like Komodo said, bunnies and sunshine.

It's in my personal belief that Metro Last Light will end on a good note. 4A is better than most game developers, they won't milk the franchise, and hopefully Artyom's story arc will be complete.

What the future holds is a question for an entirely different thread... :3

9. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling ift he game does well they'll be a third one. HOWEVER, I'm hoping it'll be about St Petersburg instead.

Even if you're still Artyom, and you've been sent with a few of your fellow Rangers to check out if there is anything left.

Imaging the opening where you're driving along the ruined Russian countryside, and suddenly St Petersburg appears in the distance.

10. dahksinol

dahksinol Well-Known Member

Kinda awkward... Sending a detachment of rangers to Saint Petersburg. I mean, you're basically sending them to die, with mutants on the loose, you'd have to give them a bucket load of supplies of bullets, guns and filters and gasmasks. Not to mention bandits and hostile stalkers. And fuel's already rare as it is, I doubt the ranger's would do it just to 'check it out'. If St. Petersburg would be the setting (which would be pretty cool), I'd opt for another character instead.

11. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I agree getting a detachment of Rangers to ST.Peterburg would be nigh on impossible, just look at how many rangers died in the tunnels on the way to D6 and how much Artyom had to get through just to get to Polis. Every day in the Metro could be your last.

12. lightKnight

lightKnight New Member

well all of you are right, but im still hoping to see what will happen after the good ending and stuff :eek:

13. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Good ending is the dark ones help the humans and everything is good. Bad ending is where they dark ones can't help. Maybe the dark ones will wage war on the humans now? Who knows. And the rangers can't send people to another city. They help people but not to that point. And the whole story is that the only people alive are in Moscow. How would the story be in they were in another town?

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, the Metro 2033 Universe book called Питер tells you about the people of Sankt Peterburg and how they survived in their own metro - but I agree it would be almost impossible to get there from Moscow, given the circumstances of the world that the books and games are set in.

15. lightKnight

lightKnight New Member

Still hoping for that option of seeing how they can do the good ending. Still seems a interesting aspect of the game if that were to happen :derp:

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

^
    If they did that then the normal campaungh would have to be shortened.

17. Glukhovsky said "no happy endings ever".

18. Beebopa

Beebopa Well-Known Member

i know this has been said about a hundred times now but the bad ending is just generally more interesting. To me at least.
    There's not a lot you can do with the good ending. Dark ones aren't going to be betraying anybody seeing as they were the ones that wanted the whole alliance in the first place. If anything was to destroy the magical wonderland created in the good ending and give Artyom something to do in Last Light it would be the humans betraying the dark ones. Which in turn would result in the exact same situation as the bad ending but with a longer buildup.