Songs for the Metro

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Ashtrax, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

I find it a common theme that most people who loved the game also loved the soundtrack, I know that I am one of these people. But what songs that aren't on the soundtrack do people associate with the Metro or indeed would like to hear while playing?

I love the track 'Mazzy Star - Into Dust' which has been used for the latest Gears of War advert, though I liked it many years before this but imo it fits very suitably to the hopelessness of some aspects of the Metro, but this is just a personal thing to me and maybe not yourself.

What songs do you associate with the Metro?

2. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

It would be nice to hear Russian music, either "pop" or classical songs. But overall, I think they should keep to the style of Metro 2033 (game), and have people sing songs every now and then (like they do in the book and game). :)

The song with the Last Light trailer (Machine Gun by Portishead) seemed to fit the mood very well.

3. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

Sorry Von Streff didnt mean to confuse with this thread, I was more aiming down the line of what songs do people relate to the Metro rather than which ones do they wish to be in Last Light but that is my fault for being vague!

But as for what you have said I could not agree more! I do not know much about Russian, Russian music or Russian heritage but everytime a bit showed up, a bit of Russian was spoken or some tale was told about far off Russian locations it was immense.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

For some reason, I'd love to walk through a station and hear someone blasting some epic Power Metal on radio; something like Sabaton or Blind Guardian. I know, it may not be very suitable, but the music is quite atmospheric and it would be cool if the characters listened to it. :p