[Solved] Frustrated with low FPS in Last Light

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by Ullric, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Ullric

Ullric New Member

Hi!

I'm having the same problem as a lot of you: My FPS sucks.

I don't get why though, since I run COD: Ghosts, both Batman Arkham games, Bioshock Infinite and other very graphic intensive games with everything on Ultra, maximum, whatever, and they run perfectly. What the hell is happening with this one game????

Another weird thing is, it wasn't laggy at first. It started getting laggier and laggier as I progressed and now it's downright unplayable. I'm in the mission where we go looking for our friend. It already starts completely unplayable. It was fine up until around the area where you walk amongst a LOT of people.

Here's my machine specs:

AMD FX8350 4.0GHz CPU 8-core
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard
    16gb of Crucial RAM
    HIS ATI RADEON HD 7970 GHz edition 3GB
    The game is installed on a Samsung EVO series SSD drive.

I've done many procedures suggested around the internet, like replacing the Physix DLL files, changing video settings in the game, updating/reinstalling video drivers, the works. Weird thing is, my game doesn't have a Physix option when I look at the video options.

Help!!!!

2. You didn't specify which game you are talking about specifically, but PhysX is the cause of these performance issues since you don't have an NVidia video card.

Since you don't have an option in the menu, you can try disabling it through the user.cfg file located in ...\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033\... or ...\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro LL\...

The line you are looking for is ph_advanced_physX. It should be the same for both games.

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Yeah, Physx was a similar culprit for me. If it defaults to CPU, especially on an AMD CPU, you're pretty boned in some areas.

4. Ullric

Ullric New Member

Yeah it's METRO Last Light. I'll try this and get back to you. Thanks!

Nope. Still shitty. Ugh.

What do I do now?

EDIT: Merged tripple post.

#4 Ullric, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  5. There are several user.cfg files. Usually editing the one I linked earlier does it just fine, but since that didn't work you can try editing them all.

1. ...steam\userdata\[number]\43110\remote\user.cfg
    2. ...steam\steamapps\common\Metro Last Light\user.cfg
    3. ...\AppData\Local\4A Games\4A Games\Metro LL\[number]\user.cfg

6. Ullric

Ullric New Member

DUDE.

That worked. THANK YOU.

7. Good. Marked as solved.