Solo or with ally in lane

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by mwin43587, Jun 5, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

In which do you excel the most? With ally in lane or solo lane?

2. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Solo becausee I am the only one receiving the xp and gold and it's easier to use that than it is in a duo lane.

3. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

I prefer duo lane, but only with a proper suppoer player whose champion and gameplay can complement my own. I prefer healer-like champs as support: Soraka, Sona or even Nidalee if she focuses on AP and healing skill.

4. edesapa

edesapa Active Member

I prefer solo lanes, especially mid lane. It is easier to last hit, and I like that I take responsibility of controlling the middle of the map. I always try to destroy the other midlaner, and I usually push the lane hard. Because of my agressivity and lack of map awareness in early game, I am either the first blood, or I get the first blood. Well, I'm not a Challenger.

5. Oddball

Oddball Active Member

As much as I used to like solo lanes, I really came down to appreciate bot lane in either role. The team work aspect is so much fun (and can be really terrible, depending on the situation and person.) It's most fun to play with someone you know, of course.

6. parassd

parassd Member

I like solo lanes because I can farm easily and level up quicker which gives me an edge against a lot of players and also helps to win the game because I generally play adc

7. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

Well for me it's duo lane, I love being the support supporting the adr! :)

8. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Both I'd say but maybe if the ally in my lane is on TS3 so that we can talk and coordinate ourselfs better then I give my best here. Coordination is one of my strong suit.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to play Mid so I always like to play solo, regardless of the role. I don't really synergize well with other players.

10. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

Solo.

You don't have to worry about your teammates making mistakes so you can focus on your own performance. You'll be the type of person who would have a larger carrying capacity depending on your performance in that lane (if you dominate your lane opponent, etc).

11. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

Depends on my mood and who I'm with. If there's no one who can play an ally lane properly, then I prefer solo. Ally lanes can be really strong if you have good synergy. Otherwise, solo all the way!

12. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends on which people I'm playing with at the time. Mostly I'll go with solo, but sometimes it's more advantageous to go forward with someone else. Every game is different, though, for obvious reasons.

13. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoy playing alone, surely. Not because I get all the xp or gold, I would actually like to share that implying the one whom I synergize with is at least decent, but it's just that I don't really like the company of others around me. It makes me think I have a big duty to accomplish other than defeating my opponents.

14. munkeygirlie

munkeygirlie Member

I think it depends on who you are with. I have a friend that I play LoL with on occasion and we tend to pick characters that work well together and stay in the same lane. It also helps that we are on Skype together while playing and so there is that always open line of communication without having to stop and type. However, I find we play well together even without that open line of communication.

On the other hand, if it's a complete stranger, and they don't seem to be working well I get frustrated. Kill stealing or wandering off when they should be helping and things like that happen and I find that I would rather be dealing with it on my own then having to watch and worry about them as well, or if they're jungling and pulling someone towards me that's sneaking up from behind.

15. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer solo laning or jungle. If I'm in the duo I prefer support.

I like being able to roam around the map and do things for everyone instead of babysitting a lane.

16. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm much more of a jungler personality-wise but occasionally I like solo top just for fun playing Darius, J4 or Fiora, really easy kill and fast game with these three. I only play ADC or supp if I know who I'm playing with or if they're experienced enough so I know I won't waste my time carrying the game.

17. Darce

Darce Well-Known Member

I'd fit more into a jungle role personality-wise, but I don't really want to think too much when I'm playing so jungle is the role I play less. Also, it's the one I suck the most at (I think these 2 points are related.. hmm).
    I prefer playing solo. When I'm doing ranked 5's I like to play support, but in SoloQ, where there's no communication and absolutely no coordination, I tend to rip my hair off before the laning phase is over, so I just stick to the midlane.

18. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Support. I don't like the stress of ganking and jungling (not since season 1 - they fucked up my jungle beyond repair =/)

I DO like to MID, and I don't mind being solo - but I hate the tp/top lane tanky meta so I tend to stay away from top. I dislike AD carry because I can't just sit and farm. I like to harass and heal people, so I play Taric or Sona or Soraka or some heal-y champ and just camp on my AD, pitch a tent, and relentlessly heal them to master CS :D

19. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

That's the kind of attitude I am with right now too. I'm just sick and tire dof babysitting noobs that can't play and even rage and yell t you when they do some mistakes.

20. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well since I am a support main I don't have much of a choice aha! Duo lane for sure, when I'm top I play isolated and don't really do that much, and I just get mega ganked mid and feed a lot so the bot lane safety is fine for me for now!