So now that Infinite Crisis has shut down..

Discussion in 'Infinite Crisis' started by PaintedSloth, Jun 3, 2015.

1. PaintedSloth

PaintedSloth Member

What's everyone gonna play now? League? Dota? Maybe even Strife? I personally loved Dawngate before it got shut down, and I haven't really found a replacement yet, whats everyone's IC replacement game gonna be?

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I`m going to seriously consider learning how to play League. I mean, the graphics and the interface is kind of similar to IC. It is really a shame that the game got shut down. I still don`t understand why the developers would do such a thing. They could have gone the way of microtransactions to keep the game alive.

3. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd really recommend Heroes of the Storm. I've picked it up after hearing that Infinite Crisis is shutting down, and I find it really fun. It's basically a lite-MOBA, with a lot of fun gimmicks and elements that spice up every game. The Blizzard characters also spice up the game quite a bit!

4. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Just to get over it, I mean games get shut down all the time, it's not a hard thing to grasp.

5. Chris_A

Regular

I`m not really angry because the game got shut down. It`s more like the fact that IC had an awesome concept and could have gone very far. And I feel it is a wasted idea. Superheroes coming together and brawling. What`s not to like?

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying. These things happen all the time though, it's never a guarantee you're going to enjoy a game a lot.

7. Chris_A

Regular

Hopefully someone will pick up the concept and create another MOBA with this idea. Maybe even with Marvel heroes. I would definitely love to play another game of this kind.

8. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I also would want that, but the problem is so many companies focus on their ideas rather than the communities.

9. Testament

Testament Member

You want a replacement for Infinite Crisis? Try DC Universe Online. I know it's not a MOBA, but I assume some IC players are here because their fans of DC, and not of MOBAs in general. You won't get to play Gaslight Green Lantern or the like, but you can make one of your own. ;)

10. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, it's sad that it has shut down. The closest thing I can think of (in terms of atmosphere or theme) is DC Universe Online, though it's not MOBA.

11. Chris_A

Regular

I played DCUO quite a bit, and I really like it a ton. But I have a problem with all their separately sold DLC packs. And if you just want to play F2P, you miss out on a ton of story, if you don`t purchase those packs. That just sucks.

12. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

I have never played the Infinite crisis before, why did it shut down?

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haven't heard of this game before, but it seems like an interesting RTS. Can anyone tell us why the game got shut down? Lack of players?

14. heatblast92

heatblast92 Member
    Regular

I played Infinite Crisis quite religiously in the past, before dropping it entirely for League of Legends, before cutting (or trying to cut out) the MOBA genre in general. Infinite Crisis was my first experience in the genre, and what drew me in was not the hectic battles, but rather the familiar characters one can play with (the likes of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman), and at certain times, you can even try out any hero or villain you fancy for a limited period.

Sad to see it go, considering it had a few unique concepts from other MOBA games, interactive objects being one of them, that you can throw others or consume to heal your character. From the few posts on one of the game's forum thread, there were speculations that the game wasn't making enough money, and so the game developer decided to drop it in favour of an Arkham mobile game, which, being a mobile game, means more micro-transactions and therefore more money. Personally, I think the game just doesn't have as many players as other MOBA games, what with the long queue times, especially for IC's equivalent of Summoner's Rift, Gotham Divided. Again, a shame to see it go, not to mention they've even added a number of interesting characters recently (Krypto, yes, the dog, Swamp Thing, and Katana are the ones I can remember).

15. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well the fact that it has shut down does not really effect me all that much, but it is just another example of having to move on and find something new. I am pretty used to that, because I happen to get bored with games after a while so I need to find something to entertain myself. Maybe it is the classic case of one door closing and a window somewhere opening.

16. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

As a current DC Universe Online player and subscriber, I can definitely vouch for that. F2P will get you to a very limited point in the game, and the restrictions on content and DLC is just not worth it. I just pay the $15 a month to get full access to everything, with no limitation on equipment, money, and even trading between players is blocked if you don't sub.

I don't know if DCUO is a proper replacement for Infinite Crisis, but it's really fun and pretty much any PC can play it without issue. :)

17. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never played a lot of Infinite Crisis. I saw a lot of buzz when the game was coming out as a lot of people were excited to play as some of their favorite superheroes in a MOBA. However, it seems that a lot of the hype died down immediately after the game launched. It's a shame really, as I was curious to see how the game would progress and evolve in the future.

18. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree.

19. Itsmenermin

Regular

True.

20. Itsmenermin

Regular

I see.