So how is the building mechanic in this game.

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Crafting' started by Rizzio, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

What has every body built. Crafted. What is your profession looking like so far. I haven't played yet but I want to know everybodys experience before I go in.

2. Alfren

Alfren Member

I would be interested in knowing about this as well.
    Also, in the meantime you could watch videos on youtube or read up on this, if you haven't done so already. I haven't played this game either, so most of my knowledge is from videos and articles.
    It would be interesting to know how the game feels to the people playing though.

3. kaineparker

kaineparker Active Member

I'd also be interested to learn about this from someone that's in the beta. I think Archeage is going to be the next MMORPG heavy hitting. It'd be amazing it we could build our own housing or even guild bases from scratch. They're already adding a lot of features we don't see in other mainstream MMORPGs.

4. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

I didn't even think about using youtube as a resource! To bad nobody from the beta as answered yet. From what you have seen what are you looking forward to the most?

5. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

You could take it so much further! You give players the ability to create buildings and you give them the ability to make towns! Completely player based cities and towns would be killer! "What town are we in? Oh, we are in the betas first town. The bank is being remodeled so you'll have to go one town down"

6. kaineparker

That would be amazing!

That would be a very big game though I think. They might have to limit who is able to create towns, maybe the top percentage of the playerbase or something. If everyone made towns it would be quite clumped. Or they could make them instance based!

7. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

I think it would be a separate skill itself! Like how only certain users could manufacturer things depending on his experience. A new player would get a certain plot of land and their house is directly related to how good at the skill that they are.

8. kaineparker

Oooh that's a nice idea too. Having a building skill would make people actively work at it. It would be even more sand boxish since people that don't like fighting things can just work on being a trader or a crafter. I like it!

9. Mystasia

Mystasia Member

I always feel intimidated by being a newbie at a game. I also hate to admit that I'm a newbie. But having different levels gives you a chance to practice and get better.