Side RP to "The New Roleplay"

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Covalent, May 29, 2014.

1. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Okay, got it, let's roll with this

"I felt something while I was walking here, I tend not to question what I feel up here." I walked up to the pistol on the floor, keeping my eye on the thing in the grass. I picked it up and turned to the man on the floor "Can I trust you not to shoot me?" presenting the pistol to him. I turned my head to the thing in the grass, beginning to say something before smiling. What would I say?

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Sorry about all these delays, guys.

The man picked up my pistol and offered it to me, asking if he could trust me not to shoot him. But I knew that was a rhetorical question, since I could see that he already did. He seemed to have his focus on the thing in the grass that still hadn't attacked us. When he finally turned his head towards it and was about to say something, even putting up a smile, I litterally grabbed the opportunity; I got up on my feet as fast as I humanly could, and grabbed the pistol out of his hand. I made sure the safety was off, and held it firmly with both hands and my head between my shoulders. Aiming it at him, I hurriedly took some steps backwards. Doing so, put the other man within my sight as well, and I quickly took some more steps back away from him, as I shifted the aim over at him. I quickly realized he posed no threats compared to the other man. No threats at all, in fact. And so I aimed it back at the man with the rifle.

I quickly glanced at the church spire in the distance. "That winged mutant will be back anytime now, and I don't know about you, but I'm not eager to stay around and wait for that, or the thing in the grass. I'm going for my backpack, and you can't stop me!", I said agitatedly as I kept slowly walking backwards. I was going to back away with a steady aim, long enough for me to be able to bounce around any obstacle so I could safely turn around, and head for the church, where my backpack would probably be.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Come on, guys! :p Covalent, where are you??

4. Covalent

Covalent Well-Known Member

I'm here! I'm not sure what to do, besides try to avoid you guys at the moment. Remember, I still think you're probably trying to shoot me. :p

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Darkness and Aaron, I need you to react/not react to my last RP post. Come on, I wanna pace this a little :)

6. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I wasn't really shocked by the man's reaction. "Well, this is an awkward situation" I held my rifle pointing down. What could I do? I didn't know this man, he may shoot me where I stood or he might just leave, he also had a good point about the bird thing "How about I come with you? We're all friends up here, except the nazis and the reds. And the psychopaths, are you one of those three?"

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

The man proposed to come with me. He then stated how we were all friends on the surface, besides the nazis and reds ...And the psychopaths. I slowly lowered my pistol to a point where I didn't have it aimed at any of them, but rather right in front of their feet, ready to lift it again at any given reason to do so. With widened eyes, I looked at the man as I let my left hand off my pistol. I used it to point with my index finger determinedly down, at nothing really. "You are all the last one, if not all three!", I said with a judging tone as I put my left hand back onto the pistol's handle. I turned all the way around, facing the church-spire in the far, before I briefly turned my face to them again and said "If you want to follow me, then follow. If not, I'll be there for a while" as I nodded at the church-spire. Then I began walking with a decent pace.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

After walking a short bit, I began jogging, and found myself skipping from rock to rock, through all the muddy swamp-thickness. When I finally arrived at the church, I was so fixed onto it that I didn't even know if the two had followed me or not. It was a tall building, proud and beautiful. The swamp had surrounded it, so it looked like a small holy island. Soon I found myself quickly crossing the big log floating between it, and the swamp-land, forming a bridge. It was difficult to keep stability as i very slowly and carefully crossed it; it was slippery, not to mention the fact that it was so round it could roll over at any given wind-gust. I eventually made it across, though, and jumped off the log. I then turned around to see if the others had caught up with me, or if they'd decided to hang back.

9. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

May I create a character, with which I can join this thread, or is there some size limit I cannot find?

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'd like to keep this thread minimized because we're RPing with a Dark One, but at the time it seems like nobody's really that interested in staying active in this thread other than me, so you're welcome to join :)
    By the way, I suggest you do some reading to catch up, but you don't have to of course if you don't feel like doing so. I wouldn't; it's a lot of text :p

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

I couldn't see the other two men, nor any sign of the creature. The Dark One. I silently jogged up the stairs to the big wooden door. Looking it up and down slowly in amazement, I stroked the frosty outside of it with my palm. I then proceeded to slowly push open both the large heavy doors, until they banged against the walls on the inside, causing a loud echo to form through the open church. The light coming through the colored windows was dim, causing a gloomy atmosphere where the dust and ashes slowly swirled into the beams of it. It felt ghostly, as if it made the building come back to life from the dead, only.... still dead. Slowly walking in between all the benches down the alleyway, I looked around in the large room, studying the whole layout of it. It didn't take me long to notice the swirling staircase in the corner of the room, going up to the church spire, or tower. If the demon hadn't dropped my backpack, that's where it would be...

12. Covalent

I stayed hidden in the tall grass as I watched the familiar man; the one I had seen the other day, make his way to one of the buildings. This one was different; it was a lot larger and somewhat more ornamental than most of the plain structures built (ostensibly) for habitation. Focusing my vision, I saw him begin to search for something. I didn't perceive myself as being in any danger from the other two whom I had encountered, as I had fled and didn't currently sense them. I watched intently to try and find out what he was looking for.

Aaaaaand we're back! :D

13. Svetlana Pretrenko

Svetlana Pretrenko Well-Known Member

I sneak through a 4th reich base dropping out of a vent and placing my hand over a nazi bastards mouth I stab him where the skull meets the neck killing him near instantly and silently easing the corpse to the floor.Taking out my Ak-74u and fire a short burst into his friend having cut the power before hand and easyly dodging there lights my small slight frame making it easy the man crumples his brains splattering all over the inside of his helmet,draining out the back as he falls to the floor.I dispatch another with a well placed knife throw as he freaks out and yelps like a bitch seeing his friends fall the knife hits him in the throat he goes down clawing at the blade I calmly fire a round into his face finishing him off before sneaking further inside.Giggling at how easy that was.

Lana's abit psychotic

#73 Svetlana Pretrenko, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nice that you've joined here now that we lost a couple RPers! I'm sorry about being absent, Covalent. I just really haven't wanted to RP at all recently, but right now I'm feeling the spark again for some reason. I hope I'm not too late :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step by step, step by step, step by step. The staircase twirls in a never-ending surface. I always hated these kind of stairs; you can't look up because you have to focus on where to place your feet, and so the moment feels like it lasts much longer. Finally I arrive at the top of the place, with a door. Peeking through a rotted whole on the wooden door, I can see the outside: It's as if the church's roof was just completely flat, but then they added two skew rooftops, creating a large loft. Only now, after all these years of rotting in ashes, the loft-roof had collapsed, probably because of the snow's weight. Most of the snow was gone now, revealing the broken planks on the flat roof, as well as the remains of what used to be the skew roof. It shaped a perfect nest for a flying beast such as the demons.

I couldn't see the demon nearby at the moment, but I could see my backpack in the far corner out there. I slowly pushed the door open with a long creak before I sneaked my way towards the backpack. I was getting closer and closer, until I heard the sound of huge flapping wings, and I could actually feel the wind blowing from them, onto me, as I saw the shadow of a large winged beast, on the backpack and the walls and floor surrounding it. The beast was behind me. I stopped right in front of the backpack and turned slowly around. There it was sitting on the church spire up above me, yet frightening close. With its big eyes, it stared at me just like a man would stare at a burglar in his house. With its big nostrils it breathed calmly yet so powerfully that I could feel the bad breath hitting me, oozing of human remains being devoured in its bowel.

Like a dragon from all the fairytales and movies, it sat there with its wings spread out to intimidate me, and I almost even expected it to start talking to me with a loud, deep and evil voice. "Why have you come to my home, weak little worm?". I slowly walked backwards, reaching my hand out towards the backpack behind me without letting my eyes off it. As my hand got closer and closer to the backpack, the beast's eyes widened more and more while it followed my hand-movement closely. Just an inch away from the backpack, the beast was now leaned forward with its wings ready to launch itself towards me, but still not moving. I stopped my hand at half an inch, and the air between us was so tense you'd get electrocuted if you had walked between.

In one quick movement, I scooped my hand in under the strap of the backpack and pulled it strategically and balanced up into the air so it landed almost perfectly on my back and shoulders. During this, the beast had swooped down from the church spire just ten meters away or so, and launched itself towards me, face first with wide open jaws so huge they could ensnare half my body in one bite in a sea of razor-sharp teeth. I threw myself to my left and landed on my stomach, but this creature wasn't stupid like the rest of them; instead of banging itself against the wall of weak bricks, it used its wings to slow down its speed, and swung its head towards me. It grabbed the backpack on my back with its jaws. I knew I was going to die as I felt the straps tighten around my shoulders and armpits; the demon was pulling me up into the air and swung its head so I took an air-tour in a circle around the beast, still strapped to the backpack. The last thing I wanted to do now, was to let go of it.

After being given a tour of the surrounding area with a spectacular view as if riding a rollercoaster, I arrived back at the crumbled brick wall. Despite the demon's obvious obsession with my backpack, it let go of it. It probably knew I wasn't worth the fight and had decided to launch me to the ground, only to then come and feast on my crippled body. But no, I grabbed the scurried bricks on the broken wall and clinged onto them. To my fear, the bricks loosened and I soon dropped down. As a desperate final action, I slinged my head around to look for anything to grab. My feet hit the roof again before I had seen any object to grab. Apparently the flat roof extended past the skew roof on top of it. That was very unusual, I thought. I soon realized that the ledge was only half a foot wide though, as I was beginning to fall backwards, waving my arms around as if I was trying to swim my way through the air back to the wall. My balance didn't help, but I managed to quickly grab a metal pole that was sticking out of the wall. Must have been a flag-holder of some sort back in the days.

With my hands clinged around this pole, I pulled myself back up against the wall. I turned around so my back was against the wall. I squeezed myself and the backpack against it, trying to stay as far away from the outside of the ledge, and as easily away from the beast's view, as I could. Slowly but surely, I heard the demon stomping around with its clawed feet. Suddenly I heard a loud sniffing sound to my right, just beside my head. I turned my head and could see the jaws of the mutant just beside me, coming out through a hole in the brick-wall. The hole was just big enough for it to get its mouth and nose through, but not the part of the head where the eyes sit, it seemed. It sniffed deeply, sensing me. I tried to hold my breath, but I was so filled with adrenaline, and my filter was soon so filled with radiation that it was getting difficult to breathe. It probably heard my weak and crazy breath. Apparently I had been wrong about the hole's size, as the nose came further out until that huge eye was staring directly at me. A dragon's eye, so frightening it'll make the marrow in your bones melt. We stared into each other's eyes for a while. That huge frightening eye, with the shape of a cat's eye. What were these things?

The beast retracted its head quickly, and then... silence. That eerie silence that you'd rather live without. No sound at all except for the cold air gusting through my dreadlocks. I expected the demon to just break through the wall and send me falling to my death. Or just move its head around the wall and take a big bite of me. But nope, instead it took off and flew above me, past me. It flew elegantly and balanced through the air like a proud eagle. Except, it was a massive monstrosity of a monster, horrifying, not beautiful. Was it flying away? Was it giving up? I couldn't believe my own eyes.

But I was wrong, as it did a sharp intimidating turn in the air and was now headed straight towards me at full speed, eyes focused so deeply on me that you'd think it believed I had just slaughtered its child or something. It now moved its wings fully backwards, going towards me with its clawed legs first to grab me and pierce me. Quickly, I went for the only way to escape: the hole in the brick wall. I climbed through it as quickly as if I had the devil himself on my heels. I dropped myself through the window and did a roll before I was going to get onto my feet. All I saw was the wooden door on the far end of the church's roof, reaching my hand out towards it, whilst hearing the wall just crumble to pieces behind me, until the whole wall of now loosened bricks consumed me and pushed me to the ground. The demon was probably on top of that again, as I was knocked out cold and everything went black.

I wanted to pose the part with the demon staring at him on the roof with the backpack in the corner, but I couldn't find any map in Garry's Mod with any rooftop that resembled what I described in the post, and the closest thing I found to a Demon was a dragon. So considering it wouldn't look good, I was too lazy to pose it all up.

#74 Skaara Dreadlocks, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  15. Covalent

This has to come back. D: I'll resurrect it myself if I have to!

The mutant had returned. I saw it come back. I had at first thought that the human should have no trouble dealing with it. He, like many others, was no doubt an expert at hunting and battling the beasts. But, as the mutant continued its assault, I began to have my doubts that the human would be able to dispatch this animal unaided. The final call to action came when, after a prolonged fight, it seemed that the human's last was finally upon him...

That was when I sprang into action. I sprinted towards the beast, its body aura a murderous red; it was looking to kill. It could certainly try to kill me, but I doubted it would. I would serve as a decoy to distract the creature while the human had a chance to come to his senses, and perhaps escape. Better yet, if I could gravely injure the thing, he may have the chance for his vengeance upon it. I set this plan into motion.

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

I woke up to the sound of...... nothing? Silence. I could see a tiny beam of light flowing in through the cracks in all the bricks. I got up onto my feet very slowly, as the bricks rolled and tumbled off of me. I brushed some dust off my clothes before I realized where I was and what has just happened. Quickly I looked around me, only to see nothing. No danger, no Demon. What had happened? Despite the current peace, I still made my way hastily in through the broken wooden door, into the dark church. With my backpack.

17. Covalent

My gambit had worked; the beast was chasing me. I'd managed to let it lead me into a corner. Little did it know, I was intending this as a trap. The structure was crumbling and parts of it were loose, ready to fall at a moment's notice.

The mutant swooped down and charged at the ground, going for the kill. Timing my next moves carefully, I sped out of the apparent dead end, time seeming to stand still in my environs. Turning back to face the corner, I watched as the winged mutant slammed headlong into the wall, where it had no doubt seen my figure a split-second before.

It was at that point, while the creature was still dazed, that I sprung my trap. Concentrating on the largest loose chunk of building, I willed it to fall onto one of the wings of the mutant, crippling the wing and pinning the mutant in place. It let out a piercing roar of pain; I was certain the human must have heard it. I escaped into the shadows again, but did not take my gaze off of the location.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Just as I was about to close the door behind me, I heard a long howling growl, most likely from the Demon. It didn't sound like an agitated growl, it had a more negative tone. Had I really injured it that bad, or at least scared it off that easily, by just causing it to fly into the brick-wall? I pondered, as I stared out into the distance of the apocalyptic city, towards where the growl had come from. Then I shut the door. I walked down to the bottom and went out the main entrance door to the building. First now did I realize that I had actually just crossed the swamp. It was finally behind me. I did a little victory-nod to myself whilst staring out into the air before I slowly descended the stair-steps from the entrance of the church. Where should I head now?

19. Covalent

I sensed the human's presence once more. So he had survived, after all! At the moment, he was likely wandering, searching for the source of the beast's agonised yell. To be lead to his quarry, I reasoned that he would need some direction. The only way to do so, unfortunately, was through illusory and deceptive methods. I could not risk revealing myself again for fear of attack, so I knew it was the only way.

I was well aware of the factional tensions that occurred amongst the humans from snippets of conversation gathered by observing some of the brave (or foolish) wanderers of the surface world. It was something we had not had to deal with, united in one common goal. One of the most virulent of these groups seemed intent on nothing more than a hostile takeover. I think the humans called them "Nazis". From my concealed position, this was the illusion I'd set upon creating.

Focusing myself, I brought my thoughts to a place just out of sight of the wandering human. I would create a distraction that forced his movement toward the beast, and then dispel it so that he could gaze upon the spoils of a well-fought battle. Straining, I managed to create 3 images of these hostile soldiers. I moved them closer to the human.

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

Scouting the area, it didn't take me long to see three men, dressed in black. Nazi-black. I made my silhouette as low as I could, as I quickly stepped into cover. I moved forward, step by step as I jumped from rock to tree to car. Eventually, there was nothing to cover me, just an open space, and the Nazis were getting closer to my position, forcing me up in a sort of corner. There was no other way out, but to run for it. I waited for the perfect moment; whenever one or more of them would look in a direction that would make them less able to notice me. But they never did. They just kept walking like robots towards my location, not twitching one wrong muscle, from what I could see in my distance. An old quote popped up in my head: "Waiting only makes time pass".

And just as that, I leaned forward and sprinted at my best, as if I was a runner in the world olympics. I vaulted over obstacle after obstacle, jumping and sprinting for my life. I ran as if the devil himself was right on my heels, as if bullets were grazing my hair. Strangely enough, none were. Not a single shot was fired. No shots were fired. None the less, I cornered the building to see what was there. Fighting the men was out of the question. Mutants were troublesome enough for themselves, and I sure didn't want to handle any humans. Neither Nazis, nor the two men I had left back in the swamp a few minutes earlier. Now I was at the edge of the building, spectating the beast that had tried to devour me just a few minutes ago.