Side RP to "The New Roleplay"

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Covalent, May 29, 2014.

1. Covalent

Covalent Well-Known Member

Before starting off, I'd just like to make it clear that I got permission to do this from Skaara. :) So, without further ado, I'll set the scene and introduce who I will be RPing. By the way, this is an entirely open thread, so you guys can come up here for any reason, whether being a Stalker looking for supplies or on some sort of mission, etc. EDIT: I should also probably mention that this RP occurs at a different time than the main thread, so it's alright for anyone's characters to show up; it's independent of the current thread.

The streets of post-apocalyptic Moscow. Even 20 or so years after being bathed in nuclear fire, the city was dead and barren. However, the snow had recently melted for the first time in ages, nonetheless replaced by torrential rainstorms which could strike without warning and overcome unsuspecting travellers with wind and rain. Fortunately, at this moment the rain was not falling, offering a respite for humans and mutants alike. The normally noisy swamps surrounding the crashed airplane were eerily silent, as a figure passing in the distance stopped to gaze at the scene.

For as far back as I can remember, these streets and buildings have been my home. Today was yet another day of scavenging the wilderness of these marshes in search of another living, sentient being. As far as I was concerned, I was the last alive. I could not remember the last time I'd encountered either a human (though I distinctly remember being shot at and promptly fled), or one of my own. Nevertheless, I persisted in my search. I panned my head and was disappointed once again that I could not sense any life beyond the usual dumb mutants. I ran back to the shadows of a ruined apartment building to re-evaluate my search. Maybe today would be different.

Right, so I suppose I made it too obvious given his running around casually on the surface without a gas mask, but my character is a Dark One. So, by extension, he has all their abilities, powers, etc. If I want to use anything other than simple sensory abilities and running around quickly and invisibly, I will inform the player I want to interact with, if that's alright. I still haven't come up with a cool name for him, so if anyone has any suggestions just throw them out in OOC. xD Let's get this show on the road!

#1 Covalent, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Sorry for not participating in this roleplay yet, but it sounds like a fascinating opportunity. I'll join in, and I hope more will too, eventually. I will use one of my alread existing characters from another apocalyptic roleplay I once was part of. I'll post his bio in the character thread after posting this :)

Another swamp.... Perfect. Was I really going to have to fight my way through yet another area today?
    I was travelling far across the surface, using whatever makeshift shelter I could find on the surface as pit-stops on my long journey. It wasn't easy being a traveller, especially when you were one who'd rather use the surface and stay away from trouble with other people.
    To my surprise, this swamp was, unlike all the other ones I had passed, silent. No signs of any mutant brawl or any bugs flying around. The wind was still, in my favour. It meant I could hear more without the distortion of the wind, and be smelled less by mutants.

The swamp had some minor ruins covering different heights in the area. They weren't much cover, but they would have to do. Slowly and controlled, I skipped my way from cover to cover, ruin to ruin. Slowly but surely, I had begun the act of crossing the swamp.

It's important you read my character bio; Shaw Kilbourne in the Character Thread.

3. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

This might give me an opportunity to utilise a fitting concept I thought up as a contender with my character in the other roleplay. We'll see though, I'll probably have to expand on it or eventually develop it a tad more, if such was the case that I decide to join.

4. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I'll try and jump into this new RP but I'm pretty busy with exams as of late so I might lag behind for a week or two. Expect a character in a few days.

5. Covalent

I read up on your character. :D Pretty cool-looking! He only wears half a gas mask; is that safe? o.o

Suddenly, I sensed something.. a presence. I ran to one of the upper floors of the building to a window where I wouldn't be easily seen to search for the source. Peering carefully out of the window, I thought I glimpsed the presence in the distance, sweeping from building to building. I immediately realised what this was: it must be human. I tried to examine what I could of him; he was yellow, on alert. For the moment I was not in any immediate danger, but I ran ahead to keep enough of a distance to avoid being directly detected. I feared, however, that it may already have been too late.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Along with the devastating silence as I slipped undetected from ruin to ruin, there must have been a catch. No mutants in a swamp. Yes, there had to be a catch. Maybe the shrimps were just late about emerging from the waters? Or perhaps I was lucky to approach during their sleeping hours. ...If they sleep at all, that is. Maybe a Demon would swoop down and have me for supper? Strangely enough, I didn't fear these possibilities as much as I feared a specific one; The Dark Ones.

Travelling a lot, I had in my earlier days heard rumors and tales about them. Some people believed in them, some claimed to even have seen them, whilst others said they were just stories made up to make people have something to fear more than they fear the mutants, so that they would get used to the mutants and fear them less. Others hadn't even heard of them. I didn't know for sure, but at that time, I believed in the Dark Ones. I was certain I had seen one once, but it could have been anything else. It could have been the radiation getting to my head, it could have been my intense fear for them that was making me "see" one, all in my mind.

But it was a long time ago that I had heard all these stories and rumors; I had been travelling on the surface for.... who knows how long? And I had not talked to a single person in that time. I had only shot the few I had met. I almost feared humans more than I feared mutants now; so unpredictable, so aggressive, so... evil. You could ask me how I knew this, when I was a person who hadn't actually talked much with them to start with? Well, the answer is that I knew myself. And myself, was someone I would rather not run into, or talk to. Just shoot.

I could suddenly feel the strange sensation that I had been waiting for; the feeling of being watched. I stopped at a corner on the end of a ruin, and peered around it to scan the horizon. Nothing. No mutant, not even a single one of those small bird-mutants that almost always used to fly around at the swamps. What was causing this absence of life? It was silent and seemed safe, yet I constantly had this intensely frustrating feeling inside of me, that something was going on. And it just kept growing stronger, and stronger, until I fell onto my knees and disposed of my previous meal.

7. Covalent

Sorry for the wait. D: I'd been sick for a little while and also looking for a job; I go to orientation on Saturday for it. I'll try not to be too short on my post.

I stopped for a moment.. What was this human doing?, I thought to myself as he continued to be violently ill for some reason. Perhaps he was overcome by the radiation, in which case the mutants would make short work of him. Or perhaps he was ill for some odd reason. Despite this vulnerability, his aura remained yellow and I had to stay on alert. I could sense his fear, as well. The fear of us, the unknown "enemy". I thought that if I showed myself just long enough for him to confirm his suspicions, it might put his mind at rest. I could show that my presence was indeed here and then flee quickly to go about my own business before he could respond with any form of violence. So I did just that. I quickly shot out, stood in the man's direct eyesight long enough for him to get a good look (which was assuredly not a long time), and bolted off as quickly as I could will myself, back into hiding.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm very sorry for my extremely late reply, I've been away for a lot, and the rest of the time I've mostly been very busy with things just coming up.I'll try to keep going here often enough, if you're still interested.

Throwing up on the surface wasn't easy. First I had to whip the mask,which luckily was only a half-mask, away from my mouth, and then proceed to get it all out without inhaling too much of the radioactive air. The swamps were known to be especially filled with radiation as well, so that didn't help much. Luckily I wasn't directly in a pool of radioactivity. I quickly whipped the mask back in front of my mouth and took a deep breath, only to realize the mask was filled with the toxic air that I then coughed back out through the escape-hole in the mask. Once stabilizing my breath, I lifted my upper body up from the ground and sat on my legs and knees, relieved to be done with it.

Looking forward, my eyes instantly landed directly on a figure. It was quite a distance away, but still fully visual for a brief moment. It was tall and slender to the bones, with the shape of a human with long arms. I wanted to think it was a Librarian that had gotten lost outside of the library, but I knew it wasn't; no librarian is that thin. It was a dark one. I didn't know if what I saw was real or not; I knew the radiation could play rough with your head, and I had just consumed a large portion of it. During the moment that my eyes were in contact with the creature, my head felt like... it felt like my brain was compressed, trying to make itself as small as possible inside my skull. It hurt, worse than any headache I had ever experienced.

Then, the Dark One skipped away until I couldn't see it anymore, and my brain went back to its former state. My head was still aching a little, as if it was numb. I wanted to unsling the large pneumatic gun on my back, but I needed both my hands to keep me steady in these swamps, and to catch my fall or to grab anything, if anything went wrong. In this strangely deserted landscape, I was more likely to fall in a pool than to be attacked.

I was usually a careful person, but this was a chance I did not want to miss; I gained speed and hopped onto a log carefully. To keep my balance, I quickly crossed it and rather kept my absolute focus on where I placed my feet, unlike most other idiots who'd usually walk slowly across and take their time. That's when you lose your balance; when you have time to do so. I skipped back off the log and landed on another island. I cornered some more ruins and jogged slowly, to keep my breath low and not use too much of the filters, after the Dark One.

9. Covalent

Of course I'm still interested. :) I'm just concerned my replies might be too short. D: I don't mind too much about the lateness! I read your post: $21.60 per hour on a summer job? I'm jelly. xD

Once I was sure that I'd put enough distance between myself and the human, I halted to assess the situation. I'd accomplished what I set out to do with revealing myself: I got his attention. Whether this would turn out to be a negative encounter or not, I didn't know.

Only when I did a thorough sweep of the surroundings did I realise just how far I'd fled; I could sense a very faint presence, and had I not known that this was the human I would likely have just taken it to be a mutant. The one final thing I was able to note before I ran was that his aura remained relatively unchanged; he was still yellow, meaning he hadn't yet shown any sort of aggression or intent to kill. This was something I often had to watch for in humans because the distinction could be subtle. I didn't want to use force if it wasn't necessary, but nevertheless, some situations had forced my hand. They call us evil, when they are the ones who do the killing.

One thing was certain: if he had murderous intent, I would retaliate massively. But I was optimistic. If I could reach out in some way, make this human see that I'm no threat, perhaps it would pave the way towards something positive. Sure, we'd been scattered, and hunted almost to the point of extinction, but we were willing to try again and again. The problem was to find someone who would believe in themselves and us.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks for replying so quickly, and your replies are definitely long enough ;)
    Yeah, you should be jelly ;) A friend of mine has a serious illness, so he gets payed by the state as much as he gets payed at work, so he'd get like almost 40$ a month if he worked full-time. :p

My feet almost escaped from the rest of my body as I skipped and jumped obstacles of every sort, from large skew walls to rusty sharp pipes and the swamp itself, with all my gear clanging and swinging around me, barely hanging onto me. Cornering a large ruin of what seemed to once have been a gas station, I thought I could see the silhouette in the distance, but I wasn't sure. I focused my eyes on it and tried to get a better look, until one of my feet just instantly stopped against a concrete block, and I realized my feet had just kept going while I was so focused on the figure. Turning my head forward, I could see the murky water approaching my head, as I faceplanted into the swamp. Better yet, as I tried to pull myself back up, I only managed to roll myself entirely into the water. Damn it.

Why did I do this? Why was I going out of my way, to chase after something I might have seen? Maybe I wasn't chasing anything at all but my mind? I had always been such a careful and stealthy person, until this moment when I just had to run, stupid me.
    I didn't remember much of the old life from before all this, but the things I remembered, I held onto dearly. I missed the old world, and I'd do anything to get back there. But then again, it wasn't exciting. Of course, it had entertainments and pleasures, but it lacked the action that this world had. I figured that if you're going to live in a world like this, you need to find something to live for. What did I have? Always sneaking around and being careful, only to sit in a rotten corner to eat old canned food alone? I figured that running after this dark one, or whatever it might have been, was what I lived for. And if I couldn't do that, I might as well jump in the swamp intentionally; Now that I had no entertainment or pleasures, I might as well take advantage that I can get some action and excitement. Without that, this world was nothing to live for.

I thought this all through in the blink of an eye, staring into the green dark water, until my mind refocused on something that was approaching me: A big round orange circle, covered by a thousand small sharp teeth on the inside, going directly for my face. Did I have time to react?

11. Covalent

Now that the human had surely seen me and acknowledged my presence, I started to plan out how I would go about closer contact. Perhaps my first impression had not been the best; I felt that my evasiveness had put him on alert, ready to kill, even. Further observation was necessary before I decided to approach the human closer (or run away from him altogether, never to meet again), whichever came first. I was again much nearer to the apartment blocks. These were set on a slight elevation and had a good view of a rather large tract of marshland. It seemed the logical next location from which to observe.

I'd just begun my trek up to the apartments when I stopped suddenly, sensing a very dangerous situation ahead. It didn't take long to confirm what it was: one of those accursed winged mutants was seated atop one of the nearest rooftops, like some sort of grotesque guardian of the place. And this one was unmistakably red; ready to strike at any moment. Slowly backing away, I noticed something else which caught my eye: the human was back in my sights, albeit rather distant. He seemed to be struggling with something... Perhaps my intervention may be necessary, but I couldn't do anything with this beast at my back. I frantically mulled over the situation and came to one conclusion: as much as I didn't want a fight, if this thing made one aggressive move toward me, I would beat its ass to the next world.

I read your post and I thought how funny of an idea it would be for my character to come to your rescue only to have the Demon chasing after him. :p Of course, if you want it to go a different way, just ask me! Oh, and the reason my character didn't refer to it as a Demon is because I'm pretty sure that the Dark Ones don't really have a name for them, so he wouldn't be aware of it.

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

I lol'd :lol:
    I'll hold off the shrimp whilst you do whatever you want with that demon - fight it, or even send it towards me, which'll miraculously lead to my rescue; perhaps the demon will carry away the shrimp? Or maybe carry me away from the shrimp? ;)

It was difficult to try to see anything in the murky water, as it stung in my eyes. But with great endurance, I sent my arms forwards as fast as I could underwater, and managed to grab a hold of each side of the round mouth, my thumbs on the insides against the sharp teeth. They penetrated my thumbs and caused my blood to seep out, but it was the only thing I could do. I dropped it with one hand and pushed it aside with the other, but keeping a hold of it, I pulled myself towards it and it towards me, before I used my other free arm to slam a punch towards its face.... wherever that was, if it had one at all. I realized a punch wouldn't do much underwater, so I changed my punch into a grab onto something that might've been an eye, and pulled.

13. Covalent

The thing began to roar, and I knew that I needed to act quickly. Very quickly. This required more than the usual rapid escape. I thought hard and suddenly, time seemingly slowed to a crawl, the mutant beast frozen in mid-pounce, yet slowly and inexorably moving towards its target. This heightened window of opportunity gave me the chance to bolt away as quickly as I could. As I did so, time suddenly snapped back to normal and the beast, not noticing that its "prey" had fled, lunged at nothing in particular and fell flat on its face. This, of course, angered it further, and it engaged in pursuit.

By this point, I had gotten much closer to the source of the commotion within the swamps. Seeing the scene close up finally allowed me to make out the details: the human was busy fighting with one of the marsh mutants. It wasn't clear who was winning the fight as of yet; it just looked like a bunch of splashing. I gazed at their auras and they were both red, which didn't surprise me since they were clearly intent on killing each other and it was just a matter of who would succumb first. Despite being so close to the scene, I wasn't so afraid that he would see me, because he clearly had his hands full with the marine monstrosity. Finally, I made up my mind that I would try to help him. Having a contact with whom I could relate is useless if he's dead.

I was ready to spring into action when behind me again came a loud roar, much more ravenous-sounding this time. Ah, shit. I turned around to see the beast once more. There was no way for me to run this time; I had to attack. I'm sorry, but you forced my hand, I thought. Once again, time seemed to slow to an almost standstill. My hand reached out almost as if I intended to touch the mutant. Instead, it was lifted and thrown bodily into the swamp, the trajectory guided by my hand. That can't be good for the human, but with any luck, the two mutants might fight each other. Either way, I turned around to see how the situation panned out, ready to offer any assistance.

Glad you liked that quote. :p It took me a while to word, since I'm not entirely sure what kind of belief system they'd have. OK, so.. I decided to flex my muscle a bit there. I'm just going by the sort of psionic powers that the Dark Ones exhibited in game and branching out from there. I hope I'm not assuming too much. If I seem to be overstepping my bounds, just gimme a shout. ;) I don't want to ruin anything! And of course, I won't use any such thing (other than their sort of ambient mindfuckery that comes from just being in their presence) on any human RPer unless they consent to it.

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm sorry for being so late with my reply this time, again. Again, lots of work, and little time to spare. I've also been on the forums a little bit now and then, but I haven't noticed that you've replied, and honestly forgot it. :noidea:
    ---
    I'm alright with the full use of all Dark-one-powah we know of from the book and the game, and perhaps even some more than that. There are many things you could do that the game/book doesn't ever say that Dark Ones can do. But again, it never said that they cannot do this and that. So that's why I'm open for almost anything, gotta be creative and think outside the box :)

One thing I like to do, though, is to make it a bit grim, because the Metro Universe is very grim, and because roleplay is a good way to express grimness. One thing I thought I'd use, is that when The Dark One is in some sort of contact with my character, my character feels ill. That's why he threw up earlier. In the game, everyone who were in contact with the dark ones turned completely crazy, and some even injured themselves. Their brains couldn't handle the sionic powers, but the Dark Ones never knew that. That's half the plot of Metro, right there. Artyom was/is an unexplained exception to that. With Kolya, I'm thinking I will do something inbetween: His reactions to the Dark One, both positive and negative, comes and goes randomly, which'll make it interesting in different ways :)

With the shrimp's speed going upwards, it sent us both up to the surface. The fact that I pulled its eye didn't exactly drag us down, either, as it tried to flee. We landed in some water that was more shallow, about up to my waist, and fought. Beast against Beast. It constantly attempted to chew wherever it could, and stab me with its many sharp legs, whilst I constantly attempted to dodge away and get a hold around its back. For anyone or anything else, the two of us must have looked like two blurred figures splashing around in shallow water, in every possible angle and position.

Finally, it managed to push me onto my back, causing me to fly through the air and land on my back in water that was shallow enough for me to lie backwards on my elbows. Despite the little water that was there, I hit the ground pretty hard, and was stunned for a moment. The Shrimp stood proud and tall on its back legs, intimidating me as much as it could. It did a tall leap and readied every possible bodypart it could use to strike down at me. As if irony itself didn't want me to die just yet, something massive flew floppily above my head at high speed and impacted with the shrimp mid-air. They rolled around against each other in the air, and both landed in the deeper areas of the swamp. Whatever it was that just happened, I didn't stick around to find out; I slowly but surely managed to get back on my feet and turn around, looking towards land that was closeby.

15. Covalent

Someone should really pop in here to help advance the plot. D:

With the winged monster off my back, I turned to see that it was engaged in a fight to the death with one of the aquatic mutants. I thought for a moment that perhaps I should speed up their path to oblivion and finish the deed myself, but, even if I explained it as an act of self-defence, it would not have sent a positive message to the human (or his brethren to whom he would relay his news) who had presently fled to safety, or whatever could be called "safe" out here. I left the animals to their battle and the crustacean was trying to drown the winged beast.

Without a doubt the human was fleeing to shelter. He couldn't stay out here for any longer than his ration of atmosphere allowed him to. Despite this, his presence was still out there somewhere. Perhaps he might be a little more grateful, now that I had saved his life. I surely hoped so; any positive step helped towards building relations.

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

Despite the nuclear winter being partially passed, and despite the level of adrenaline that was flowing through my system as a way to reach out for survival, I could still immediately feel the stinging icy feeling of the cold air, easily penetrating my now soaked clothing. After wading to land so fast that I felt like a certain character from the holy bible who'd supposedly walked on water, I turned my head for a split second, to see a Demon fighting the Shrimp, before I legged it up a steep mass of gravel and rubble that was leaning against a building, and dropped myself in through a window.

I now found myself in a dark room. Realizing how potentially dangerous this could be, I quickly skipped onto my feet and fumbled for the light on my backpack until I found the button that should have turned it on, if only it hadn't been for all the water. It was dead. I reached for the sickle on the other side of my backpack and pulled it out, holding it out in front of me, in a low profile. I figured that despite how the pneumatic gun would still work, it wouldn't help as much as a melee weapon, if I was assaulted in the dark.

I had picked up the sickle some months back, realizing it was a decent defensive weapon; not very long-range, but it still had the long curve that could slice in different angles. I soon determined that the room was clear, and so I quickly dropped the sickle and took of my backpack, completely emptying all the contents to the floor, with a lot of water. I picked up all the items and quickly shaked off all water they contained before I put them at a dry area. I was lucky I had my thermal silver-colored survival-blanket, that I wrapped myself into. It was a difficult situation because I needed to get my wet clothes off, but at the same time I wanted to expose as little of my skin on the surface as possible. So I decided to let the clothes dry on my body, from my bodyheat that I'd generate under the thermal blanket.

I huddled over to the window and looked towards the swamp. I couldn't see it very well, but I could make out some activity. They weren't the best of friends. What I wondered about, though, was why a Demon would let itself fall into the water when trying to catch a shrimp. And even so, I didn't think it was even trying to catch it; it looked more like it had gotten some sort of spasm in the air and collided with the shrimp, as if it had been thrown from somewhere close. I kept looking out the window and performed some recon.

17. Covalent

The time came once again to attempt some form of contact with the human. Although I could feel him, I couldn't pinpoint his aura precisely. This necessitated some back and forth pacing. It was a little bit more than pacing; I actually dashed around a rather large area away from the mêlée that ensued between the two mutants. A few times I thought I could feel the human presence getting closer. It took me several times to trace the direction that I felt the presence. Once I'd gotten the trail, though, I made a concerted effort to get closer while trying to remain stealthy.

My suspicions were confirmed as I spotted the human inside of one of the apartment blocks. His condition seemed to be deteriorating, but I didn't know if I could risk getting closer; who knew if I would be the one in mortal danger then? There was an entrance to the former underground transportation lines that went in a couple of metres before being blocked by a total cave-in. The entrance was fairly close to the apartments, so I felt that my next move should be decided from the dubious cover it provided. I was now getting exhausted and I knew that I'd need to find a place to rest before night fell. The darkness was kind to no one: man or beast.

Furtively peeking from behind the arch-like structure, it seemed that the human was contemplating his next move as well. Because I could see his movements even behind the concrete of the station entrance and the brick walls of the apartment, it was fairly easy to avoid his gaze and look out at just the right moments.

That is, until my vision faltered from my sheer exhaustion, and I could have sworn our eyes had met.

It was over in a split second and I sped as far back into the entrance as I could, almost sitting on the collapsed concrete.

I read about how your character is affected by the Dark Ones as most other humans are. My character doesn't know that yet. :c I think he'll find out pretty soon, though. Also, he needs to find a place to sleep, haha. I'm thinking that very heavy use of powers would quickly tire them out, but I'm curious to hear what you think. :)

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Sure, it would be interesting if your character discovered the problem. The Dark Ones in the game probably understood it, eventually. But it could also be interesting if he didn't find out.
    As to how much powers a Dark One can use without getting tired..... I have no clue, to be honest. That's something you'll have to decide ;)

Scanning the surroundings through the window, it was all pretty silent, except for an occasional mutant-howl in the distance. moving my sight ever so slowly from left to right, I quickly squinted as I thought I saw a dark silhouette in the far building. It was so short, that I concluded that it must have been my imagination. Perhaps my subconciousness made me see what I wanted to see. Or perhaps it was just the radiation. Either way, I cared little. I looked at all my items spread out on the floor. The little water that still was on them, was in such minor volume that it had frozen to ice. Ice-drops everywhere on all the things. I needed to get somewhere warm to properly dry it all.

I squinted at a manhole that apparently was on the floor across the room. I didn't want to go out there, but falling in the swamp was a new experience for me; I was light on my feet and very agile, and always took my time manouvering it. That's why I had never fallen in the swamp before, until now that I had been in such a hurry. I knew how to make a fire, but it would be fruitless in such a cold environment like this. And so, I collected my things into my backpack and headed for the manhole. It screeched silently when I opened it. I didn't want to meet a human being, and I especially did not want to enter a station. But there was no other choice. I also needed to find out where I was in Moscow. I used to keep track of it with a map, but I had gotten lost a while ago and had ever since been trying to pinpoint my whereabouts so I could get back on track in my pre-decided journey. Finding out what station I was getting into, would solve that.

The lid was for some reason unopenable from the inside, so I found a wooden piece and put under it so it wouldn't close entirely, so that I'd be able to get back out the same way. I dropped down the ladder into a small tunnel with green water in the bottom and some mushrooms growing here and there. The muddy water went up to my ankles, but I cared little as my whole body was already soaked. I was tolerant to the cold on the surface, but with dry clothes. Getting down into a noticeably warmer environment didn't exactly comfort me, but it helped against my shivering. I didn't crawl for long until I arrived at what appeared to be a normal station. A lot of people wandering around, talking here and there. A lot of noise. I was used to the silence of the howling wind. Yep, I was definitely getting out of here as soon as possible. I just needed to dry my stuff before heading back up the same way.

19. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I've created a character for this RP and will hope to jump in tomorrow. Just finished reading what you guys had so far but is almost 6am here so I need to get some sleep tonight.

20. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I walked out of a service tunnel into another tunnel. Damn tunnels. I hated them. The filters may cost a lot but I loved the outside. Always did. I lived the privileged life of a middle class English boy living in some sleepy village in the midlands. The fact that village was now probably a nuclear wasteland was a sad thought. As I walked through the ankle deep mud whistling rule britannia, I noticed deformations in the mud, newly made as they were reforming. Very weird. I came to a ladder up to the service and looked up. A plank of wood held the manhole cover open. Very, very weird. I might wait to see who came back. They'd come back, why would they keep it open. Hole up nearby. Not to kill them. Never kill a human unless it really comes to it. I'd rather not kill mutants either but they did have a habit of trying to kill me so what can you do? I looked for a space to sit and wait. It wasn't like my contract was timed