Should the Dark Ones come back in Last Light?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Vlad, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Maybe they should bring back The Dark Ones in Last Light maybe some survived the blast and whant to help Artyom and the Rangers to defend D6 against the Nazi and the Reds, and maybe they will introduce a new dangerous enemy that can only be beaten if the humans and dark ones come toghether hmm?

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

In the cannon play through that is the story of last light the dark ones have been obliterated from the face of the earth. Its sad.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Bringing D6 into Last Light is a damn good idea. The tanks you saw, and all those things down there..
    Anyway, I'm not sure what to think about bringing the dark ones back or not. Of course I like 'em, but it'd maybe fit a little better to the story if they were all killed..? idk

4. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Is it possible there were other areas in which the dark ones lived?

5. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

O F C O U R S E !!!!!!111!1!one!111!1one!11 without them humanity has no chance.

6. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Do you think that they will be against us at first and slowly maybe they will be with us hmm, maybe like missions that will determine if they will help u or not

7. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

thad be pretty cool but i think that the story will include more nazis and reds :| i doubt that there will be any physical appearence of the dark ones but they probably will be mentioned through the story...

8. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

No... the Dark Ones will now take humans as a big threat.. After what Artyom did us to them, they could not trust any human at all in the future.. so they would attack every human not matter if the would be a friend or an enemy to the Dark Ones.. but who knows... there's always a chance that they will still try to contact humans.. Maybe the will think about that theres about 20 dark ones left, and If the would try to reach humans with peace, the would get slaughtered because they look scary... Even when inside they are lovely creatures.. :(

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Something at the end of the novel which isn't shown in the game's canon ending suggests that, if any of the Dark Ones survived, they will keep trying to contact humans as they actually made contact with Artyom (in the book) and he realized he did wrong just before they were all blown up. :(

10. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

ts hope they dont tear artyom to pieces for messing up bad :)

11. Paradigm-Spirit

I hope there is a chance peace can be salvaged with the Dark Ones, but I'm afraid that it's unlikely. When you have your home struck by several nuclear warheads, a cease-fire is usually out of the question.

They will most likely seek vengeance, but if that is unattainable, they will certainly try to safeguard what is left of them any way they can. That could involve the destruction of D6 by their hands.

12. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the Dark ones realise Artyom wants to help them at the end of the book but by then it is of course to late.

13. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Fun with flamethrowers

Would it not make more sense if the Metro is prepared for everything such as in the E3 Demo where as they enter through the blast doors two guards in heavy armor are waiting for the cretures with flamethrowers. point is maybe Arytom has helped the metro to prepare against the dark ones?

14. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Actually, I think those guys just are the random guys guarding the checkpoint against muties. pre

15. Remer

Remer Active Member

The Dark Ones (or Dark One) do return. It fairly clearly implied at the end of an epilogue by Dmitry called 'The Gospel According to Artyom'.

16. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

If you watch it closely they heavily armed and well prepared for those dog thingies :pop2:

17. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Whoa! Just found it on amazon,thank you very much!

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Was it not included for free with your version of Metro 2033, Metro 2034 or any one of the Universe of Metro 2033 books? I got mine with my copy of Towards the Light.

19. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Uhm,no! I am not surprised, though, such things happen all the time in my sh*tty country. All kinds of promotional materials simply dissapear. :rant:
    Bamul, is your copy in english?

20. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

aww I wanted one of those too:embarassed: