Should I try this game?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by xlzqwerty1, Oct 12, 2013.

1. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of martial arts (Being Chinese and all, heh) and I love MMOs and RPG games that I can play with friends. Is this game worth checking out? I remember seeing a trailer of this game back then a few years ago and now that it's accessible for me, I wonder if it's worth my bandwidth to try the game... Could any one who's played the game and has experience give a comment or two?

2. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

Ni Hao! :)

I think you should definitely try the game at least - I mean I loved it at first! It has amazing graphics and it really does incorporate some beautiful aspects of old Chinese culture, I could literally just watch the game all day (going through the towns and countrysides haha). I did get bored I must admit after a few months, but it depends on the person. It has great features and good gameplay, so I definitely think you should at least try it :)

3. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Well-Known Member

So I gave it a try, and the environment modeling was absolutely well representative of old Chinese traditions. The game itself, that's a whole other story; it was horrible. Gave up trying to play the game after 30 minutes of fooling around as a new character starting everything from scratch (i.e. tutorial). Don't try it guys, waste of 8 GB of bandwidth.

4. drkn335

Yeah.... I kinda saw this coming, Plus they are some really bad translation issues, which is a bit of a turn off. But I kept the game just for the graphics. Wo ai Zhongguo!

5. IssaQ

IssaQ Member

Too bad, Man!

Personally I think this game is great! It has some of the best graphics, beautiful music, great sound and great game content. It is just an awesome game overall.
    although it is a bit complex and challenging at first, especially if you're still new to MMOs. But once you wrap your head around it, you'll definitely enjoy it!

6. drkn335

What level are you in the game, can I ask? I was a bit of a noobie so maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it as much.

7. IssaQ

IssaQ Member

There are no levels in this game, you just have to gain experience and there are a lot of ways to get points in order to gain experience.

There are 5 grades, currently I'm at the fourth.

8. drkn335

No levels that's so odd:/ although it's been months since I played so I don't remember, but I thought I read somewhere that the level cap was 60?

9. IssaQ

IssaQ Member

Nope. As I told you, there are no levels. Only grades.

You might of got confused by the "internal" skill level? no?

10. IssaQ

IssaQ Member

You can even read about that in the official website of the game.

"the character development in Age of Wushu is completely different from traditional MMOs, there is no grinding or levels."

Here you go:
    http://www.ageofwushu.com/material/view/56

11. drkn335

Like I said, I haven't played in months. But thanks for the information anyway, I will check the website out. I did like the game so it really is a shame if I don't play it again.

12. IssaQ

IssaQ Member

You're welcome ;)

It's ok man, I get confused myself too when not playing a game for so long.
    That's why I love this game! it is just different, and the complexity of it just makes it more interesting for me.

13. drkn335

Yeah, I do remember thinking that the game was different to other typical games, cheers man :)

14. ElectricCake

ElectricCake Member

Yes, you should try it, as with all free to play games, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt, or you would be considered very judgmental.

15. drkn335

I suppose if you try it and don't like it you can always uninstall them :)

16. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been wondering the same thing, but your report kinda discouraged me. I am quite the big martial arts and Chinese fan, so I stumbled upon it when I was looking for MMO's with those themes. The setting, and some unique features made it appealing, but I am afraid it's just all hype and show and when it comes to having fun and playing, it falls on deaf ears...

17. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never played the game, but you might want to check out some videos on YouTube for some gameplay videos also maybe read a few reviews and see what other people thought of the game.

18. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

There was a time that I recommended this game. Though, I would say that you are better of looking at others to play. You don't have to take my word for it and still try it out for yourself though.

19. Artixion

Artixion Member

I tried this game back it beta, but I think personally that it isn't that great. The combat has a very steep learning curve that takes quite a while to get used to. It really isn't worth the time that the game requires to get established anyway.

20. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

I am disappointed too. It was not too different with the current MMO out nowadays. And it is not that friendly to beginners or new players wanting to try it. But different people have different tastes, so I guess even though it's not that good it might appeal to the others.