Quantcast

Should I try Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by misskrystal1982, Feb 4, 2016.

1. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Member Regular

I am not into the online games as much as I am playing on my own. I really like fantasy, etc and love to customize characters. But I wasn't sure if the MMO part of the game is a major part, or if I could play it offline as well? Would I miss out if I don't play online?

2. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

Well, Skyrim is the older offline version. And its absolutely great to learn about that world via Skyrim. Plus, you can stay busy playing Skyrim all on your own forever and ever.
    Then if you want to, you can play Elder Scrolls Online, but I have a feeling you'd probably want to stick with Skyrim, the offline version.

3. Shounenbat

Shounenbat New Member

I'd definitely play it! As djskyrim already pointed out, Skyrim is completely offline and seems to fit what you're looking for exactly. It's actually part of an entire series, The Elder Scrolls. If you like Skyrim, I suggest also checking out Morrowind. Oblivion is good, too, but it feels more generic.

4. djskyrim

Yeah,, definitely check out Morrowind after that. Because Skyrim will really hook you into the world, but Morrowind will make you realize why the next Elder Scrolls game needs to be even more epic in terms of storyline.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

If you like exploring and spending a lot of time on the story then Skyrim is the game for you, otherwise I wouldn't bother since the game will be boring for you.

6. djskyrim

So, did you try Skyrim? Did it work out for you? I hope you did. I just love this game so much, I can't believe everyone is not playing it. Its not just about the exploration, its the gameplay, the weapons, and the storyline. All of them coalesce to make this game amazing.

7. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

Skyrim sounds like a perfect game for you, it's a a wondrously immersive experience, with tons of content, a large, beautiful world to explore and more. Skyrim itself isn't really an MMO or a game withonline features, so that shouldn't really bother you.

8. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

I feel like if you missed skyrim, you missed out on a huge part of video game history for the 3rd wave of consoles. Skyrim was like an instant classic for me within 5 hours of playing the game, there's no real comparison for the way it creates a unique feel and delivers on the RPG side of things while still having its own personality.

9. djskyrim

Yeah. Anyways don't miss out on the next wave of gaming. I wish the next iteration of Elder scrolls that they're coming out with offers VR experiences so that it truly becomes the most immersive experience ever.

10. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

I'm almost certain there's a bethesda interview where they said they were investing heavily in VR as part of their future business plans, even going as far as to say that they already had some stuff in the works

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

If you like open world exploration, then yes absolutely! It's a pretty fun game, and my friend just recently redownloaded it to her laptop, just so she could add mods to it, haha.

12. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member Regular

Definitely. It's the most rewarding of the Elder Scrolls games. In my opinion, anyways.

13. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely. You will be amazed at how many hours you could clock into this vast game, and you will be left wanting more. The best video game memories I have were in Skyrim, and it was definitely one hell of a ride. I would recommend it to any true gamer, as it is the peak of role playing, and you get to save an entire region from total annihilation. And what better reason to play than that? Be a hero in a foreign land and face evil that is larger than life.

14. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member Regular

It's one of the few games that I recommend that people try, even if they've never played videogames before. It's just that good.

15. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

You should try it. It was really a great game, one of the best games I've played and until now is still the best for me.

16. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

If you aren't really into online play then you really aren't missing to much. Skyrim is a pretty good game, a nice open world with hundreds of things for you to do.

17. arachnophobik

arachnophobik Member Regular

That isn't even supposed to be a question, you SHOULD try Skyrim. It's MANDATORY lmao. Skyrim is one of the best RPG games there is, and is the first one in the Elder Scrolls Series that I've played. It was what made me a fan of the series too.