Quantcast

Should I play the third game?

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by kelemenur, Feb 8, 2014.

1. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

I've played through ME1-2 and loved both of them, but I heard so much hate for the third everywhere, with the not thought out endings and all other problems. Is it really that bad though? Or should I put aside some free time for the story? Is it worth it?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would say yes since you played the 1st two games even though it was not my favorite of the series I think its worth playing especially if you can get it on sale.

3. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

Alright, thanks for the input. I've already bought it quite a while ago, just never got around to playing it, so that's not a problem. :)

4. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned the 3rd one is the best one of the trilogy, you get a little bit more leeway as far free roaming also the DLCs are awesome...

5. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely. You have played the previous two so you owe it to yourself to see the game to its end regardless of how bad the ending can be. I'm sure you'll want to know how Shepard's story ends. Besides, there's an update that improves the original ending so it's not as bad as the original ending.

6. meta_mach

meta_mach Active Member

You should but it is definitely not the best in the series, I would say play it but near the end you will be somewhat forced to walk into a beam of light. If I were you I would get all DLC etc out of the way before that part of the game. Then I would stop playing at that part and decide for yourself what should happen. No matter what if you pass that point you will be a but disappointing since none of your choices end up mattering no matter what you do (including if you choose the "improved" endings). I was content but disappointed at that point.

7. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Well-Known Member

I still haven't played the third game either even though I'm a fan of the first two. I was kind of disappointed that Bioware made the second game more of a shooter but I still really enjoyed the story and characters. I've heard that the story in the third game is pretty bad which is why I haven't played it yet. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually though.

8. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

Thanks for all the input guys! Unfortunately university started again in the meantime, so I'm basically stumped for the next few months. :( I'll give it a go after this term ends, if I survive that is! :D

9. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I'd play it so that you can have closure. I wouldn't ever replay it if I were you though.

10. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

The game was VERY GOOD. The cinematics were also very well done. I had the extended version and I thought the ending was interesting.

I played the game because it was a good game. I didn't play the game because of the ending. Most games I've played since the 1980's had lame endings. If I bought games that only had great endings, then I would be missing out on a lot of top notch games.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

You should definitely play it. The game was awesome in itself, the ending destroyed the whole series, not just Mass Effect 3. But there are some user made mods and an Extended Cut, which change it and remedy even that problem.

12. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

The changed ending was good. The rest of the game was great. Play it. You won't regret it.

13. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

I personally didn't like the 3rd game at all. It just didn't have the same feel to it.
    However seeing as you loved the first two ones, I don't see how you are even asking this. For me it was immediately "YES LET'S PLAY" despite the bad comments.

Like I said I didn't enjoy the 3rd one but I still had to play through it for the story.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I think you should no matter what. I know they are a lot of bad reviews about how they rushed the ending but you should know about the ending. Because on the next installment, Shepard will not be you character. A new one.

15. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

Even though a lot of people didn't like the way 3 ended, I think you should definitely play the third one. It brings everything to a end and I think you will be missing out on a great series, just because some people didn't like the way it ended. It didn't like the way it ended because I was so invested in these characters and it was just sad for me to see it end the way it did. I don't want to give away anything just in case you do decide to play. But the Mass Effect series is by far one of the best series in video gaming. I don't think you will be disappointed if you play the last one. I say go for it!