Quantcast

Should I buy the PC version?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by jardantuan, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

Oh 100 percent man, the mods on PC literally make it into a brand new game. Also the quality difference is just amazing. Trully is worth it if you are a fan of the game, and like high quality gameplay.

2. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

Yes, the PC version gives the most customization and the most fun out of the game, in my opinion. It doesn't take too much to run it, it has great settings suitable for a gaming PC and for a Nokia 6110.

3. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I reckon the PC version has bugs and glitches which are annoying at times and some bugs can be seen like giants throwing non players and the computer can play it or may not, so need to have a good graphics card and upgraded to play on PC. Mods may work but would need to know how to activate them as, the game may or may not recognize it and can require tweaking to get it to work. I reckon that getting the game on special may be worth it as buying it on full price, may not seem the money is worth it if the game does not play properly at times.

4. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

If you have the power to run it, yes. It's just a lot better than console versions in every way.

5. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

I'd say definetely go for it. It's such a better experience and you have all the free community mods.

6. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

The mods are too good to pass up, I can't even imagine playing skyrim without them. I think the mods are the only reason I ever did a second playthrough, otherwise I'd get bored with Skyrim fast.

7. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Ah fuck yeah man, Skyrim's lots of fun on PC. I assume it's fun on the consoles as well, but since the game's been out for several years there have been some amazing mods for it. I'm usually not a fan of too many mods as they can easily get super silly, but the graphical enhancement mods for this game are absolutely insane.

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Mods in the PC version basically mean infinite amount of content. There are new quests, new maps, new worlds, new characters, weapons, graphical enhancements and so on. It's the definitive edition of the game. There are no reasons to get other versions if you can get this one.

9. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

The lack of mods is honestly the smallest problem of the console versions. They both look bad and more importantly run badly.

10. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

If you don't mind being kind of late, I think you can't go wrong. Also, it's very cheap to get it now after all these years. :D

11. PackmanHD

PackmanHD Member

I have to say I think it would be worth it. The mods you can add into the game on PC versions of Skyrim are fantastic, and gives the game an incredible amount of replay value!

12. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

PC version is great if you want mods and you have the hardware to run the game with decent settings. I would recommend getting a wired Xbox 360 controller.

13. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

I may be time-travelling a bit, but if someone else is asking the same questions, I would say you should definitely go for the PC version simply because of the innumerable fun mods that are available. They really enhance the experience.

14. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

I can't imagine having only played this game on console after seeing exactly how different the game is with mods. There is no comparison, if you love this game, you need to play on PC.

15. Nytegeek

You are necroposting, not time traveling, and you know it.

16. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

Yes! My friend just got it on her laptop, purely so she could mod the bejeezus out of it. If I remember right, it's pretty cheap on Steam. Also, I'm pretty sure the PC version is always cheaper then the console version.

17. Nytegeek

I love what #leftswipedat said! "mod the bejeezus out of it" Described like a true gamer! :)

18. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely. Skyrim, Fallout and other Bethesda RPGs are meant to be played on PC. Why? Because console commands and mods! That's why!

Bethesda RPGs are well-known for their buggy as hell games. Most of these bugs, however, can be fixed by typing a line or two in the console menu accessible by using the ` key on the keyboard. This function is not available to the console gamers, who, sadly have to reload or worse, restart a game after encountering a glitch or bug that can be fixed on the PC but breaks the game on the console.

And secondly mods. They make the game so much more that it is! Mods are the way to experience a whole new Skyrim after you've completed it once; and believe me, it's worth it.

19. Nytegeek

I agree especially about the command console. There are so many awesome thing you can do 0n the PC with the command console. The MODS are a close second. You need to play it on the PC for these features.

20. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

Well, I have never ventured into fiddling with the command console. But, looks like it needs to be done. I didn't know that glitches in gameplay could be fixed like that too :)