Quantcast

Should I buy the PC version?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by jardantuan, Nov 11, 2013.

1. swagger

swagger Well-Known Member

Go for it, the PC version is like a whole new game with all the mods you can get on it. It's amazing on PC.

2. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

Apart from the mods, I play on PC because it's just a better experience in my opinion. I don't like to use controllers because they obstruct my aim. I never play FPS games or anything that involves me aiming on a console. I also like the freedom of PC games. Some games allow you to change things simply by editing a text document.

3. Jordanoyo

Jordanoyo Active Member

I only have Skyrim on my PlayStation 3, but I've played it on my friends PC and it's an amazing game. The online community for Skyrim is amazing and the mods that people have published can really spice up the game. So I recommend buying it for the PC as long as you can run it.

4. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

You should defiantly pick up Skyrim for the PC. If you are getting a bit bored of the same old Skyrim, the PC offers a massive range of modifications to add some more enjoyment to the game. You could download some mods to make the game look better or you could add features like cars and guns.

5. MrFreshh

MrFreshh Well-Known Member

Absolutely. You can't really mod the console versions. In my opinion mods really extend the life of that game. Vanilla Skyrim gets pretty boring after a while, but there are so many mods that just add hours and hours of interesting gameplay. I've probably played twice as many hours of modded Skyrim than vanilla.

6. TheCleric12

TheCleric12 Active Member

Going PC is a good choice. Like everyone else has said, there a vast number of mods that you can enjoy. I think now, when people are purchasing Skyrim, people are factoring in the awesome community and mods that there are out there. The game itself is decent, but gets boring like any other game. With mods, there is a whole new dimension in the game.

7. andrew172

andrew172 Well-Known Member

Short answer- do it for the mods- if ever I play a console game that has good potential for mods, I almost always get the PC version. It's totally worth it. Especially if you completed almost everything you can and want a fresh spin on the game. As for performance, it's not really an issue unless you do something like creating 1,000,000,000 followers spawn or something like that. Lag can be avoided by using common sense though.

8. Garlotch

Garlotch Member

I've played Skyrim on all consoles. The Xbox is ok, the ps3 is very bad, it has a lot of input lag and the graphics really suck. I would definitely say that the PC version is the best. I would totally recommend you to buy the PC version, it has all the capabilities for modification, better graphics and key binding. Go for it my friend!

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

For the most part it's really up to you. For me I think it's enough that you have the 360 version, I mean sure the PC version might look and perform better but it's still the same game anyways so why the hassle? But if you really wanted to play it again then why not? Skyrim is pretty huge game so I doubt that you've experience every inch of it yet, hell I'm still not yet done with the main quest.

10. ozric

ozric Member

My desktop was out of commission for a year, and I had a good time playing skyrim on my laptop in the meantime. There are a lot of mods that enhance the gameplay rather than visuals which can be a lot of fun, and to get a DRAMATIC increase in FPS on a low end machine I highly suggest getting "HiAlgoboost" from hialgo.com

what it does is drop the resolution drastically when your character is in motion like turning quickly. It's cool because when you're turning quickly etc in the game, your eyes don't really notice the resolution reduction. This helps counter FPS drops during combat especially, and can net you a 10 to 15 FPS increase. It REALLY makes the game playable on lower end systems and laptops. It is definitely worth it if you like Skyrim, because the PC modding community has really done a lot to extend the replayability of this game.

11. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member Regular

More than worth it to buy the PC version for this game. There are so many mods and the graphics are great for the PC version. You'll immediately notice there's a huge difference between the console and PC versions.

12. rzbh

rzbh Active Member

Well, Summer Sale is upon us! Go grab Skyrim, you can probably get the all DLCs edition with a couple bucks!

And of course, all the delicious Mods you can put. From the gaming-enhancement, to graphic enhancement! Though, it can be complicated to install. The mods, I mean.

13. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

You should buy it. The PC version of it is the best because of the mods. And that is also the reason why I bought the PC version of it, because of the mods.

14. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member Regular

Any console? Sorry if I seem a little bit rude, but a PC is not a console. A console is a device that you, usually, plug into your TV and play games on it with a controller, like an Xbox, or a Playstation, or a Wii for that instance. A PC is not a console, remember that, please!

I'd say go for it only if you're sure you can run it. Otherwise, you won't have a smooth experience. If the game is choppy and not smooth, it's not going to be fun. Get it if you are 100% sure you can run it on okay graphic settings and with a decent framerate, otherwise, don't.

15. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely get the PC version. If not for the more accessible keyboard controls, then for the gigantic modding community this game has on PC. You will really miss out if you don`t mod your game, in my opinion, and that is impossible on the console versions.

16. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

If you can get the PC version, I don't see why you wouldn't unless you REALLY want to play on your TV. The amount of content added through mods is just staggering, and once you start diving into that part of the game you will start wondering how you ever managed without it. The graphics can be modded to become better and you can even use a controller on the PC if you want, so the only reason I can see why you would prefer it on a console is if you want to play it on the TV.

17. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I think it is a given that you should play this game on the PC, if only to get mods that will breathe more life into the game once you beat the main story. While it would be nice for console users to have the same access to mods, it's not going to happen, so you might as well get the game for the PC version.

18. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

While the PC version of Skyrim is awesome, one of the biggest things to consider for anyone who is thinking about getting the PC version is whether or not their PC is strong & good enough to handle it. I didn't give much thought to that before I got it on my crappy laptop, and the game lagged like crazy. It was no fun at all; I couldn't do anything with ease. After installing it on my parents' desktop it works awesome there, but I don't have access to that computer much, so I am stuck either waiting to play there or playing with terrible quality.

19. iCaliBri

iCaliBri Member

I've played on both PC and console. I would highly recommend purchasing it on PC. First of all, I've noticed a slight performance issue in the console version. Although this framerate drops won't be a large issue to some people, it might be annoying in the midst of battles. However, I wouldn't really purchasing the PC version if you have a low-spec PC. I once played it on my old laptop, and it lagged horribly.

There are also mods that you can install in the PC Version. It just adds new gameplays when you've got nothing else to do in the game, or when you've completed all quests. It would surely make the game less boring.

20. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

It's funny that you ask that because PC is the only way I play, master race and all. As everyone has stated above the MODS are spectacular on PC. Sure there will always be changes when you transition but anything that's good is worth the effort.