Should Artyom die in LL

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by stevetheranger, Jan 9, 2013.

?

should artyom die in LL

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. no

44 vote(s)
    81.5%
  1. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

i think he should die old since hes telling his story as a old man but you play as young artyom during the story hes telling

#1 stevetheranger, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think we should get multiple endings.

3. stevetheranger

i would like one were you play as old artyom on his last mission as a ranger were he blows himself up pavel style

4. Do my eyes decieve me? Somebody actually figured out he is an old man writing his story down that we read in our head in his voice.

5. stevetheranger

no your not high loading screen artyom sounds older than when he grunts fuck in gameplay

6. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Artyom should have a wife and kids before he dies. He should die in a herioc way or peacefully. The herioc way could be he goes out to save a friend and gets killed while saving him. The peaceful way is he finished the story and goes to rest but never awakens. Like in The Notebook.

7. stevetheranger

the ending were he blows himself up pavel style will be heroic the friend gets away but he gets overran and blows himself up

8. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Dude. The cutscenes show an old guy typing on a type writer. Who the fuck else would it be?

9. stevetheranger

10. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Why would Ulman being writing a story through Artyom's first person view? Ulman wasn't there for the entire story. How the would he know all these things about Artyom? The voice between Old Atyom and Ulman were different, even for age difference.

11. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because I couldn't care less if he dies as long as the story is good.

12. Tell that to those who recorded the English dub.

13. stevetheranger

i was trolling

14. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

If Artyom dies so do the developers...

15. GoodLordApollo

Artyom will have to die and it is better that they show how he dies in the game then letting the fans making up how he died. Though it would make for some good fan-made stories.

Unless of course they are somehow planning for a sequel.

16. stevetheranger

but if he dies old he could have wrote all the storys before he kicked it which means sequel

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Having Artyom die in the end is actually something very creative that I haven't even thought about to be honest. I sort of like the idea, but then again, I'd be left with an emotional scar for some days, maybe weeks, after finishing it. Which is good. Games, videos and books are supposed to leave a feeling in you for some time. But the problem is that Artyom is old when he writes about his journeys, and he's just 21 or 22 years old in Last Light since it is based in the year 2034. (<-- Correct me if I'm wrong on that).

So if Artyom were to die in Last Light, it'd have to be in a cutscene after the ending of the game..

18. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Yes, he should definitely die.

19. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

I would love to see the cutscene of Artyom typing his story and then suddenly somebody knocks on the door and you take control over Artyom. Then a new mission starts where his homestation could be under heavy attack by Mutants/Humans or something like a huge group of rats (as a hint to Artyom's mother in the book). You see them destroying the whole station and nobody is spared. Artyom escapes, but has a mental disorder and blames himself for not be able to safe them. Then he gets a lot hallucinations and slowly dies, after he lost his will to continue life.

#19 Hoenkoper, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  20. GoodLordApollo

Atryom's death needs to be heroic and complementing to his character. I agree with the hallucinations but not some much the rest of it but hey that's my opinion.