Quantcast

Season Pass?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Do you think Ubisoft will include a season pass for DLC when The Division is released? I hope not. I'm sick and tired of so many games having season passes that cost $50 without really giving you that much DLC.

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

This is Ubisoft we're talking about here. They and EA are literally the "fathers" of the season pass idea. We all know dang well this game is getting a season pass.

GlacialDoom likes this.
  3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

That's pretty much a foregone conclusion in this day and age. It would be a bigger shock if they DIDN'T have a season pass. Every game Ubisoft has made in the PS4/XB1 era has a season pass.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

I think and know they will. When was the last time we've seen a major Ubisoft release that they didn't try to maximize out with a season pass and somewhat pricey dlc?

5. andkno

andkno Member

I hate seasons passes, I really hope they don't do it, why can't the learn from The Witcher and give us free DLCs, but as everyone is saying, there is not going to be a Ubisoft release where they won't try to get more money out of you.

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

It's Ubisoft we're talking about here. Of course there will be a season pass, of course there will be DLCs and expansions and so on. They have to cover the huge budget they're spending on this game, and I don't think just the game's price is going to cut it for them. So additional paid content is certain in these cases.

7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Yeeeeah, of course there will be. The big two love to squeeze every nickel out of their customers. It's almost as though UbiSoft is a business or something.

Unless the DLC is really worth the price of admission I doubt I'd get a season pass anyway. Unlike a lot of EA games I tend to find that vanilla UbiSoft titles are usually robust enough on their own, even if some of the material gets a little repetitive. Hopefully Division will follow suit in that regard.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

There'll probably be one, I mean they have to squeeze as much money as possible one way or another. It's pretty scummy by them especially since the DLC content has always been lackluster, but we shall see.

9. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Well, it's been confirmed that there will be a season pass, and it'll give you "a full year of major expansions and exclusive benefits." If you get the "gold" edition of the game, the season pass is included already. Same with the collector's edition.

Personally, I may either pick and choose my DLC, or I'll wait for the Game of the Year edition.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I don't recommend anyone to buy the gold edition. Personally, I never found DLCs from Ubisoft as vital as the ones from other companies, they just make it seem like it's a big deal so people give in and purchase.

11. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

I hope there is no DLC, but asking that of a major corporation like Ubisoft is probably asking too much.

12. Cyborg Superman

Considering that they are launching this as an MMO, it's safe to say that there will be a fairly regular stream of DLC to keep people interested and coming back. See above for the details.

13. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Good old Ubisoft, of course there will be a season pass. It's their trademark offering.

14. Cyborg Superman

If we get a full game, and the developers keep working on it and create new content, shouldn't it be expected that we pay for it? There isn't a business model where you constantly give content away for free that is viable.

At least with a season pass, you know that you'll get access to any new content. If it adds a lot of hours of play time, then it's worth it, in my opinion.

15. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

One can only dream...

16. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Like everyone has already said, I'm sure it will have a season pass. The problem is that Tom Clancy games don't have the best dlc.

17. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

As long as they don't put pay to win items in the game, it's going to be fine. New regions for the open world? New outfits? New questlines? All of that is good, just don't make the game frustrating and unbalanced.

18. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

Exactly what I was thinking. I'd be surprised if DIDN'T get one.

19. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know how to tell you this guys, but there is a season pass. I'm not sure if they announced it or anything, but on the site under pre-order section there is a season pass as a part of Gold Edition which costs $99.99 which makes the season pass' cost $40.

20. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member Regular

Unfortunately this will most likely be the case. I'd feel much more comfortable if gaming companies moved back towards the older style of releasing large fully fledged expansions (Shivering Isles for Elder Scrolls Oblivion) rather than these small pieces of content e.g. additional maps and new weapons. The Witcher 3 did a great job of offering free DLC which many companies would charge for at the drop of a hat and they THEN released a 15-20 hour expansion to the base game at a reasonable price. This is exactly what the gaming industry needs, however money talks and these practices will continue while they turn a profit.