Quantcast

Screenshots of The Division

Discussion in 'The Division' started by JC_224, Nov 15, 2015.

1. igasmurfa

igasmurfa Member Regular

Wow. I know what I need to buy next, wonder if my EVGA 770 SC can handle it lol If you sse on the news that I died in a fire you'll know it was my videocard overheating.

Ishmael likes this.
  2. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Nah :p Nvidia cards are pretty good at temperatures, whatever the brand is. I think you'll be fine as long as you don't expect to play the game maxed out at 60 fps. You'll be able to run it better than then consoles I bet at least.

3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

The graphics look very promising. I just hope the whole game delivers because I'm worried now hearing so many bad things about it online.

4. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

Thanks for sharing these. They all look really nice, and remind me how much I love the theme and atmosphere of the game. It really looks and feels like it could take place within the next few years. I'd love a map overlay like that IRL. I probably wouldn't use it for maps though. I'd probably use it for watching CS:GO matches like that Hololens app they're trying to make.

5. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

These look so perfect when you think about all the apocalyptic movies/games that have been a huge thing the last few years. I personally read a lot of apocalyptic books, and can't help but adore them. There's something about the story of surviving somewhere where you can easily be a hero... I am so stoked..

6. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

The premise is strong with this one, and I think it's set apart with the fact that it's happening in the eye-of-the-storm... Crap just hit the fan, and now you have to setup up and clean up the mess that is society. I really dig that, a lot and it's what turning me on to this game more so than it being an online shooter.

7. Ishmael

They only have one job: to have a strong intro to present the entire scenario. So I hope they deliver on presentation.

8. Maelalove

Exactly, the "hero type." Like, 'Oh crap, we really messed up here, well if you want something done right...'
    Plus, maybe I haven't done enough research(a bit busy and its been a while since I really looked into it), but so far we don't know a lot about why this happened(maybe I'm forgetful? I need to start writing things down). So at this point, there's so much story they could open up to, and we're right in the action part of it. It's essentially a war.

9. Cyborg Superman

Basically a virus breaks out in New York, the government collapses, everything goes to Hell. Somehow this "awakens" members of the Division who are there to prevent the fall of society and piece the city back together. From there it's a whole conspiracy thing and it seems there will be a lot of surprises. So it's a very open ended premise that's just ripe with possibilities.

Maelalove likes this.
  10. Maelalove

Oooooooh I like it, although it seems a bit cliche. Although it's at the same time, not. I'm really interested to see where they'll take it. It seems a little rough to control though. This could get cheesy real quick.

11. Cyborg Superman

I think that the fact that we're playing it mid-crisis instead of after the whole world went to crap and stuff is what's going to differentiate from the usual cliché post apocalyptic setting. It's also a solid premise for a game, so I'm confident it should be fun and they will be able to expand it in different ways. You're right though, it does have the chance of being lame or cheesy, so I guess we will have to see when the game comes out. :)

12. Maelalove

Yea but we've seen that before. And we've seen it fail, before, too. It's always like a coin flip, people will like it or they won't, whether or not it's mid crisis. But I'm still excited to see what they may do with it.

13. Cyborg Superman

I can't recall another game that to put us so close into the event, it's usually like, a few months or years into the apocalypse.

14. Maelalove

Well a lot of games put you right before, though. At that point you kind of work your way through the shit-fest that comes with that, including the before and after. Although I can't think of the names right off the top of my head at the moment haha.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  15. Ishmael

The Last Of Us starts off with the start of the apocalypse. But it's only for an hour before throwing use like 10 years into the future after that. So I guess this is still an idea that need to be explored more, so I'm all in for that. :D

16. Cyborg Superman

Hahaha @Ishmael to the rescue! I've never played The Last of Us so I couldn't tell you, but that still sounds pretty cool. I still think The Division is (somewhat) original by tweaking the post-apocalyptic scenario by throwing us closer into the beginning. Or maybe I just dig this premise. Either way, it should be cool to experience.

17. Maelalove

I feel like the reason The Last Of Us did that is to kind of show that there was no fighting out of it, than anything. It wanted you to see the kind of impact it made at the beginning, but also wanted you to see that it changed the world as it had been known, and we didn't fully come back from it, like you see in a lot of games. That "hero story" was never really meant for The Last Of Us.

18. Cyborg Superman

@Maelalove that makes sense, as opposed to this game that positions you as the solution in a way. You're part of the Division as a frontline to ensure that the world doesn't go to !@#$ any more than it already has since the collapse of the government.

19. Maelalove

Yea but it's gonna go to shit.
    It alwaysssssssssssssss goes to shit.
    I forgot exactly what point I was trying to make, now.

20. Cyborg Superman

Reddit user WolfieZee uploaded a bunch of high def screenshots of the Division to Imgur, and they look fantastic. You can look at them here: imgur [dot] com [slash] a [slash] kdTbP - just replace the brackets with the symbol noted inside to check 'em out! :)