Roleplay part 9

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by TheStalker, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Continue here guys.

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I crawled over to sergei. I had to ask " benjamins taking a long time as well as odessa. If they dont return in 5 minutes lets go."

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm going to do a small detail which happened before Benjamin crawled back to get Odessa's gear. I completely forgot this detail, and it's quite important.

Before I began my journey back to the bar/lobby, I uncuffed the box Odessa had given me and cuffed it around Gena's wrist. Gena was possibly not going to make it, but I assumed that Gena was the one Odessa trusted the most with the box apart from myself. I also looked at Jet and pointed at Melkov, trying to make Jet understand to follow Melkov. And so the cat did. It was a very intelligent cat. A mutant, but still a cat.

4. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

waiting for Lurkers to react to my post guys.

5. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

oh god damn it. I didnt see your last post. I spent all of yesterday afternoon waiting for you to post when all I had to do was check page 36. god damn it. my bad, sorry for the wait but Im at school. post when Im home.

6. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I present to you my newest character, Nikolai Vyachelsvav Kovalenko
    "... So the nosalises chased the railcart through the tunnels, leaping forth every now and then, trying to grab us with their sharply pointed teeth. I yelled at my comrades to go faster, as I fired a deadly burst into the pack." I said, as I glanced at my comrades around the campfire. They were deeply immersed in my story, and I felt I was in complete control of them. "After what seemed like endless fighting, a nosalis finally sunk it's bacteria infected teeth into my arm. I felt an agonizing pain, but I managed to draw my P99 from it's holster, and I shot it through the skull at point blank. Oh, the scream. But it was dead, and soon, it's companions decided to eat it - instead of us." I continued, making sure to add pressure to the more decisive parts of my story as I spoke. After I was done, I showed them the bite scars, and got a few recognizing nods in return.

Soon, the bell rang, and my shift was over. I saw a few of the others whispering to each other, glancing at me when they thought I wasn't looking. Instead of confronting them, I acted like I didn't know. I liked being a subject to exaggerated tales of heroism and valour. It meant respect, and respect was handy if I had to "travel" from time to time.

As I got back into the station, I was greeted by the almost ever-present noise. Merchants, musicians, gangsters and ordinary people were going on with their lives in the station, while we risked ours sitting out by the 300 meter mark. I liked the idea of protecting these people. They were oblivious to our sacrifice, and some of them would even call you a low-life if you accidentally bumped into them, but they had an aura of innocence about them, that I found fascinating.

I got ripped out of my train of thought as my contact Alexei signalled for me to come closer. He was a bit old, maybe in his early 50's. As I got closer I recognized the old backpack that he always used to carry his goods. I wondered what job he had for me, but I didn't wonder for long. When I got close he simply whispered: "Hash, Mendeelevskaya" and handed me my advance payment of 30 Patrontjiki. It was not much, but I only had to cross one checkpoint to get to the destination. Before I could ask any questions he was gone. I grinned to myself. Old bugger knew when to disappear.

Soon after I moved to checkpoint at the pedestrian passage to Mendeleevskaya. There wasn't all too many people around, and I would be checked properly before I could pass.
    "Come forth" said the old man in the booth, before having me searched by the guards. I recognized one from the 300 m checkpoint last night, and he cornered a smile when he saw it was me. He didn't check me too well, and didn't look closely enough to see the sewing in the backpack behind which the goods were. "Move on", the old man said, not hiding his disappointment in having to let me go without further investigation.

Mendeleevskaya wasn't in any way unusual. Neither in architecture or organization, nor in inhabitants. After almost tripping over a small child, I located the ammunition exchange. I had done this before, and by now it was routine for both of us. I put 15 Patrontjiki on the table along with the hash, in exchange he gave me 50 9x39 mm rounds for my AS Val and two fullly loaded P99 magazines. All without changing his face expression the slightest bit. The guys in this branch were cold, and to them it was purely business. I liked the kick as much as the payment, and I always thought of new, clever ways to outsmart the guards.

After looking around the station for a bit, I decided to take a few hours, wasting my life at the bar. "Any news?" I asked the bartender, whose name was Andrey. "Yes. He said, trying to not look interested at first. He started polishing a glass, before continuing. "A group of rangers have proved a pain in the ass to the Reich. The promise a thousand Patrontjiki for each of their heads. It's probably because they have eradicated around a sixth of the entire reich forces." He said, the last part with respect in his voice. These rangers did an admirable job. I never really liked the nazis, but they had never did me any harm, so they were only a small annoyance in some far away place to me. I raised my glass of vodka. "Na strovie!" I said, before gulping it all down. It burned through my throat, but a cold glass of vodka really did it's job. Soon, I got a little drowzy and decided to look for a tent to sleep in. "Only 5 MGR per night" the hand-written sign said. I dropped the five patrontjiki in a little bucket outside my "room", before I fell into a deep, comfortable sleep.

#6 Darkbringer, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  7. I Hate Lurkers

Sorry I made you wait Odessa.

I sway around a curve in vent and find myself at the end of a barrel. Lucky it was Odessa on the other side. She lowers the rifle.

"Joining the party?" She asks.

"Left some equipment behind. Besides, you've paid for my services Miss Odessa. Don't you remember?" I return with smirk.

"Glad to have company then, let's keep moving." Odessa says.

I remove the twenty-five military grade rounds Odessa gave me earlier and load them into a clip. Inserting this clip into my AKS, I nod to Odessa. Within moments after our interaction, a loud bang shakes the structural design of D-6. Shock waves wiggle beams below us and the vents begin to harshly vibrate. The bang echos through the metallic tunnels and my ears begin to ring. I look down to the surface I am crawling on for a second, shaking my head in an effort to rid my ears of the painful noise. When I look up, I can see Odessa mouthing something, but I am unable to make it out. She then turns and begins to take off when what must have been another charge erupts just below the section of vent in front of us. Our section violently shakes, absorbing the shock waves as the other vent disappears into smoke and flame. This shaking sends me up to the ceiling of the vent and then back down, where I land on my back. From an upside view, I look further down the vent and I watch as Odessa slams her head against a siding. Her body goes limp very quickly. Reacting, I struggle to get up onto my feet. I start to crawl towards her when yet another charge goes off farther down than the last one. This does it. The hinges of this section of the vent have had it. They tried to hold together as best they could, but it was fruitless. Our vent shifts downwards as I wrap one arm around Odessa's torso. I push myself in front of her and fall vertically down the vent. Ripped metal scrapes at my body on the way down to the pavement. I impact the floor, Odessa soon follows, landing on top of me.

The pavement is cold, but my skin feels on fire. The fascist uniform I am wearing is torn and grimy. Cloth snarled on the edges that cut and dirt settled from the dust in the air. The ringing has now stopped. Looking around, I can barely see my hand in front of me. The atmosphere was thick and grayish brown. I feel something putting pressure my lower body. Sitting up, I run my hands around my upper legs and lap and find Odessa. She is laying diagonally across my body, her head by my left foot and her face in some rubble. I roll Odessa off me and scurry to gain my balance. I kneel down and flip Odessa onto her back. I check her gas mask and pulse, everything is fine. I feel revealed. Odessa isn't dead. Good. That'd be a hard thing to tell the rest of the group. I grab Odessa's collar and drag her over to the nearest wall, away from the rubble. I am unable to tell, but I think by now her eyes have opened. I go back over to the pile of rubble to try and find my equipment. Someone could come through the door at any moment. Patting my gloves against the floor, I feel the outline of my AKS on the floor. I pick up the firearm and slide it across the floor to the wall Odessa is leaning on. I hear the rifle thud against the wall and begin to search for my rucksack. As the dust settles in the room, I scan my surroundings to find what appears to be the remaining part of an office. It looks rigid through the semi cracked visor of the Reich issued gas mask. Half of the room has caved in from the floor above us. I glance up to the vent and notice my rucksack hanging from a piece of protruding metal. I stand up and jump, arm extended into the vent. Once my fingers wrap around a strap, I pull down. The strap slides off the edge and fall towards me. I catch it and quickly open it up. Digging around, I discover my canteen. I move over to the wall and crouch down next to Odessa. Lifting up her gas mask, I pour some of the water into her mouth. I tilt her head up to make sure it goes down her throat. Once I'm sure, I remove my canteen and lower her gas mask. I put the canteen back in my rucksack and swing the rucksack over my shoulder.

"We have to get going." I proclaim, unsure if Odessa can hear me or not. "It will not be safe on this floor. If I'm thinking straight, then that third quake must have been the lab charges. Our job is done Odessa. We have to go."

Placing my hand on Odessa's shoulder, I pull her forward a bit and with my other hand reach down to the back of her belt. When I feel the handle of my revolver, I toss my fingers around it and yank hard. Once the revolver is loose, I gently push Odessa back against the wall and put the revolver in her hands.

"You only got four rounds. Make 'em count." I say, picking up my AKS from the floor.

#7 I Hate Lurkers, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  8. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

@thestalker - I don't believe we stopped when benjamin left, the group is still crawling. As the 1st person in line, you need to be the one to post about crawling out of the vents.

I nodded as Benjamin crawled back the other way. "Come on Jet." The cat stared at me for a moment before continuing down the vents. These tubes were way too small for people, but for Jet they appeared to be the perfect size.

Crawling after the group, I heard Joe tell someone else that Benjamin was taking too long and we should wait for him. "Keep moving." I called up to him. "Benjamin, and hopefully the others, are going to meet up with us at the service room from the tunnel that we came through." I paused in my forward motion, waiting for them to get moving once more.

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

There's really not much for my character to do right now (being crippled and all) so I won't post tonight.

10. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

[COLOR="DarkRed/COLOR]is the service room the same one were we entered D6 or is it were fydor was cause if it is were fydor was you will find dimtri drunk off his ass passed out [COLOR="DarkRed/COLOR]

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

The service room that the group is arriving at, is not the same as the one where they entered D6, but appareantly quite close to that. The group will eventually walk past the service room where Dimitri is, and probably take a break there.

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

and then can I finally tell ny story guys

13. Jet Odessa

*everything had gone black and the noise was but a distant rumble, like a summer storm approaching. you know it's coming, but can't see it yet, only hear it. suddenly I opened my eyes and saw Fyodor just in front of me, pouring water in my mouth. I swallowed what I could and spit out the rest of it. Fyodor gave a loaded revolver and said there where only four bullets left. I nodded and tried to move. god, everything was hurting like hell, but where ever we were, we couldn't stop here for long. with great difficulty and with a slight limp I stood up and approached the door to the office we were in*

'Fyodor, any idea where we must be?' I said to him wracking my brains and trying to remeber.

*slowly I opend the door, or what was left of it, and looked outside. flames left and right, and a lot of rubble in front of us, and on top of the rubble, a ventilation shaft, with the grille hanging to the side*

'I think we should be able to climb that and get into the vent. once there, we can see which way to go. it will be safer up there' I said to Fyodor checking the revolver.

14. I Hate Lurkers

Odessa somehow gathers the strength to gain her balance and approach the door. 'Strong woman', I think to myself.

"Fyodor, any idea where we must be?" she asks.

"Fourth or Fifth floor I think." I say, approaching the door behind Odessa.

Odessa turns the knob and slowly pulls the door open. We step out into the hall, it feels like an oven. Fire barricades us in the semi collapsed hallway. A mountain of rubble lay before us. Odessa gets the idea of climbing up into an open vent. I didn't like it much, but it was the only current way out. I carefully scale the rigid man-made mountain and up to the vent. I scan the interior through my iron sights. Satisfied, I turn back to Odessa and help her up the rubble and into the vent.

"What I left should be on the ninth floor. Think you can make it?" I ask, slowly continuing down the vent. "If not, I can find you an exit and continue alone. Your job is done here. But mine isn't, not till I get that rifle."

15. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I just realised something, if there is a fire with smoke and also a poisonous gas in D6. Wouldn't the easiest way for the poisonous gas and smoke to spread through D6 be via the vents which we are currently in?

16. stevetheranger

17. stevetheranger

Note part of this is a dream dimtri is having

"I wake up laying on a bed back in polis i look around seeing it to be a house on the suface not polis.I look down im not in armor or even my current clothes rather im a baby then a woman walks in i know. Her clothes and face she was my mother she carries me to the miltary base were my dad was waiting to see us Then panic someone yelling about nukes.I wake up for real one of my traps got set off.I put my pistol in its holster put my helmet on and carry my rpd ready for a fight turns out it was just a rat that set it off.i take my armor off reach into dads jacket and pull out the picture of my girl back in polis i smile at it say i will be home soon to myself put my armor back on smiling the whole time i took some taped out of my pack and tape the picture inside my helmet."

and yeah all dimtri has of his real parents is his mothers photo and his dads uniform jacket

#17 stevetheranger, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  18. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I think it's about time we left the vents.

As I replaced the spent detonators back in my mag pouch we eventually resumed our slow crawl to the service tunnel. We crawled for a minute or two more before the faint smell of smoke began to surface. Then it became denser and denser until a cough could not be held any longer. We frantically pushed ourselves through the vent as it began to heat up and become hazy from the dark, thick smoke.

Although our gas masks protected us from the deadly amount of chemicals a deep breath could not be found, nor a short one at that. Things started getting desperate and vocal. We scurried as fast as we could like a mouse meeting a cat until the end finally came into sight. At least that's what the group told me, I was being dragged back first. I felt as though I was slowing the rest of the group down with my meager pace. I didn't know what it was. I felt I had enough energy and definitely enough motivation to push faster, but my legs simply refused to give out more steam.

Luckily enough we managed to pour out of the vent faster than a tipped glass of water into a damp and cool service room before I slowed us too much. For a moment I just lay there trying to catch any amount of air into my moaning lungs. "Thank god were out of that forsaken vent" I moaned aloud.

I apologize for being so hasty and possibly 'controlling' everyone's characters, but by God that vent was getting claustrophobic already. I just wanted out!

#18 Aaron, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  19. stevetheranger

"I sat on a crate my helmet light on cleaning my revolver after that was done. I pulled out a book called the hobbit and began reading I had just found it miller taught me to read and ulman taught me to write and gave me a copy of a joke book he wrote.I smiled at the thoughts I was having.When i realized my day was going to go south quick when i heard that blast.That kids is why you do not go in D6 i said to myself.Readying my rpd and loading my pistol."

20. Jet Odessa

*we climbed up to the vent and Fyodor said it was probably the fifth or sixth level. that wasn't too bad, only a couple more to go. and then the smoke and lethal gas started to reach the vent. we had to hurry. no time for scouting. I took a left and went as fast as my achey body would let me*

'don't worry Fyodor, I can make it. now, let's get the hell out of here' I said to Fy in response to his question.

*suddenly, I remembered all my gear was left behind in Glock's office, at least, as far as I knew. would have to find a way to get back there, somehow. too many irreplaceable gear in my rucksack, and specially, the artifacts. but first, we had to get to the service room. I needed a rest after the day we had*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.