Roleplay part 7

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Aaron, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Okay, thanks for that. I won't post any details about my character, so here's a link to the character sheet I made for her: http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?p=27104#post27104 It's much shorter than the one I made for Volk back in the day, but it is informative even if brief. :)

The voices I heard coming from the hospital all joined together in the background to form a loud hum. My thoughts were elsewhere; back at the Neo-Nazi station. I remember waking up without my finger, screaming & pushing my way through the crowd around me, sprinting. Running, running & running into the darkness of the tunnel, with bullets ricocheting off the walls around me. When I relive this memory, I get the impression that I can still hear the ringing in my ears. And the shouting. And my cries for help, with no one there to answer them. It was all I remembered from that day... or was it all I chose to remember?

As my thoughts slowly drifted away from the past and crept back into the present, I shook my head - as if doing so would remove the unpleasant memories from my mind (if only). My wound was getting irritatingly itchy. I lifted my hand up to look at the bandages where my middle finger used to be. The wrappings were brown; they smelled of dry, stale blood. Analyzing my wound reminded me why I walked to the entrance of this hospital in the first place. A teenager like me, born in these filthy tunnels, never learned any adequate medical skills. I was still weak from blood loss, since I did not stop the bleeding properly and my bandages had to be changed.

I looked around; there were no people in the vicinity. Without further delay, I confidently stepped inside the hospital... it was not a pleasant view. People with common sickness or some kind of plague were the least disgusting. Then there were amputees and, on some mattresses, even fresh corpses. A man's screaming could be heard from another room. This place looked horrible, but after the things I have seen, it did not have any major effect on me. A doctor walked up to me and asked what was the problem. I was surprised he did not notice, so I held out my left hand to show him. The kind adult immediately started to remove the old bandages, disinfect the wound and so on.

As the paramedic went about what he does best, I eventually noticed a group of men of varying ages. They looked well-armed, ell-equipped and well-disciplined. Stalkers.

They were stalkers. I needed to get off this station. My pursuers were still searching for me and I was not safe travelling alone. Sooner or later, I was going to get myself killed. It was time to find a group I could stick with for a while - at least until things settle down. This was the perfect opportunity. After all, no one else in the whole metro could provide the same level of protection as someone who has seen, experienced and endured the horrors of the surface. Only problem was: how was I supposed to approach them?

2. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

"Breaking off from what ever her name was i walked up behind the girl with one middle finger gone And keeping a grip on my sawed off ak-74 i said hello.Then wanted for her to turn around."

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

The second the door shut behind Lara I began to tug at the cuffs around my wrists. For a good minute the the cuffs and loop they where attached to didn't budge, but with a few more painful pulls the rusted iron loop broke from the ceiling and dumped me on the floor. To my disappointment the cuffs themselves where still intact, shackling the bloody wrists.

It was safe to say that only Lara held the key to unlock them and I doubted she'd give it up willingly. There was nothing useful in the room from what I could see, just a stool and door. So thinking quickly I grabbed the stool and stood behind the door, once more aiming to wait out my prey. It's hard to say how long I stood behind that door and I wasn't about to start counting seconds. Suddenly my heart lifted as the door finally creaked open. As I had hoped Lara casually strolled on in, pistol in hand. She stopped dead in her tracks as she noticed the void in the room and gasped. The moment she did so I broke the stool over her back with all the strength I could muster. She dropped to the floor faster than the broken stool. Immediately I began searching her unconscious body in hopes of feeling that cold little key.

But I was foolish to think she was alone. Just as I unlocked the cuffs from my wrists a sharp pain bolted down my neck. I turned around and stood up as fast as I could to see a scrawny man in a dirty lab coat staring up at me. he seemed scared stiff and froze upon facing me. I reached to my neck and pulled out a small syringe from deep in my flesh with much pain. I glared at it for a moment then gazed upon the frozen scientist. "What the hell did you just put in me!?" I yelled. For a moment he remained silent but suddenly snapped out of it and replied. "op..op..p...peration Neuanfang. P..p..please don't kill me! I'm not a Nazi! They force me to work or..o...or they'll kill my family. Please let me go!"

My heart stopped the moment he told me what it was. The only info on it i had was that it was deadly and highly contagious. A thousand thoughts raced through my head as I stood there hopelessly until something straightened me out. I quickly picked up Lara's dropped pistol and left the room, locking Lara and the scientist inside.

I had to think of a way soften the ememy for the Rangers without being caught, or shot again. I also still had to secure the a sample of 'Operation Neuanfang' to complete my original mission. I had to secure Glock before he escaped again. And now I had to find a cure for this disease before it cripples me, or worse. And all this I had to do without being captured (again), killed and hopefully without being shot (again). Damn I hate getting shot.

4. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

Bamul, the doctor is a girl.:)
    "I suggest we try to reunite with the rest of the group as quickly as possible." Benjamin said as Dark and his large friend started gathering up equipment. I leaned up against the wall to the left of the door and watched also, ready to move out. I could be a patient guy, but it felt like we had been in this station too long. People were going to start noticing the group of rangers hanging around, and that could only mean trouble.

A slim girl, probably in her teens, with black hair and almost iridescent blue eyes walked in through the door. I repressed a gasp, and shivered. Change the hair color and the eyes... and she would look a lot like my sister. "Stop that." I whispered to myself.

My sister was probably a decade older than her now, and I really needed to stop seeing her in other people. I would not recognize her, when I met her again, if I kept this up.

She turned to look for the doctor, and I saw she was missing a finger. I stood up from the wall, ready to go and help her out, but the doctor came from the back and started changing out her bandaging. I leaned back against the wall, and kept waiting.

The guy wearing a trench coat and armor that Odessa had been talking to walked in the door beside me, his AK in hand. It was special, I noticed, sawed off. "Shit." Where is Odessa? I leaned out into the platform, looking around, at the same time picking up my FN FAL. There she was, looking a bit confused at why the man had walked away so fast. She walked by me into the hospital, muttering under her breathe

Sighing in relief, I looked back in to see him standing behind the girl missing a finger. He was talking to her. Walking up behind him, I put a firm grip on his shoulder and said "So friend, how did the talk with Odessa turn out? Mind putting the gun away while in the hospital?"

#324 ultimLux, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  5. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

*we were approaching the hospital and I was about to say something to Steve when he suddenly was gone from my side. great, now what is he playing at? I hope he's not gonna pull that trick again in the middle of a firefight. manners! I thought not very happy about being dump like a sack of potatoes in the middle of a conversation on a strange platform. I looked around and saw Grigori coming out of the hospital, weapon in hand, looking for me*

'people got no manners anymore' I muttered entering the hospital

*suddenly I saw Steve talking to a young girl with a missing finger and decided to approach him with Grigori next to me*

'a bit young for you Steve, don't you think? anyways, this is not the time to flirt around, and by the way, good manners cost nothing' I said to him slightly annoyed.

'pardon my manners. my name is Odessa, and the cat on my shoulder is Jet. looking to join us as well?' I said to the girl extending my hand on a polite, but firm handshake, with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

#325 Jet Odessa, Dec 15, 2012
  6. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

"For the record miss odessa I saw her looking towards the group.Last time some one did that it was when I was in the army the person back then cost me my left eye.So my way of going about was to make sure I did not lose something else.Then putting the gun back on my hip I said.You have a cat.I had a dog but Victor killed her."

#326 stevetheranger, Dec 15, 2012
  7. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

As i concluded with Dark and finished the job he seemed eager to get moving He sat up and, denying my warnings to take it slow, started getting ready for the job. As i got my stuff ready i put on my bag and walked outside the tent.

"Ill be outside guys, if you need me ill be in the market on the other side of the platform."

Concluding i left outside and scouted the surrounding platform for the group. I saw Odessa with a young girl about 15 meters away but decided to stay away. And instead i approached the market and got 2 filters, a couple of rounds for my G36c, 3 water bottles, a small can of soup, some bread, and a small book from before the war. All for little more than 10 cartridges.

After i finished my shopping i approached a small bar with a elder man on the counter. I ordered some tea and sat on a small round table with 3 open seats and relaxed, facing the station.

It was about noon, according to my watch. And it was quite chilly . but very bright for a station. I took this time to observe the station. There were many children, it seemed. And quite a crowd.

About 6 minutes passed until the elder brought me some tea. I took this time to enjoy the peace. As i sipped the warm liquid. i tried to relax.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Thanks for correcting me, I had no idea the doctor was a girl. :lol:

I was still staring at the group, analyzing them one-by-one to see if they could be trusted. There were more than a few men in my life who have tried to use me in one way or another. There were plenty of sickos in the metro; I was lucky to have gotten away every time before being abused. Fortunately, none of the people in the hospital looked like those sort of people. They certainly were a weird looking bunch, but definitely not in that kind of way. I doubt that any stalker would be like that.

When the woman finished changing my bandages, I nodded to her with gratitude and handed her the last few bullets I had. She refused to accept them and I nodded again, this time smiling, to acknowledge her kindness. I looked at the new bandages, admiring the medic's handiwork. This knowledge would come in useful later, so I made sure to look at how she did this. Then I noticed that she was already gone - running back to another person who was in need of help.

Just as I was about to look back at the group to see if they were still there, I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around to see a tall, bearded man with one eye missing. He was well-armed and looked intimidating, which made me all the more surprised when I realized that he was simply greeting me. For a moment I even thought that they had found me, but I felt relief when I noticed that this was simply a man who has been through hell and not here to get me there.

"Hi," I said simply, "who are you?" After all, I had no idea who he was and if he was a member of that group. Before he had a chance to reply, a woman came in through the entrance. The two engaged in a short conversation. I got the impression that they did not like each other very much, but who knows. To me, stalkers always seemed like a different species. Perhaps they just had enough of the bullshit that happens in the metro everyday. At least both of them were kind to me.

In response to the woman who introduced herself as Odessa, I answered with another question: "Yes... wait, no. I mean - where are you headed?" I then looked down at the floor in embarrassment, whilst waiting for a response. I never thought that joining up with a team of experienced warriors would be so easy and here I was talking to one for the first time, not even able to formulate a proper sentence. Perhaps I looked in more dire need of help than I had previously thought, and it was good to know that even stalkers could show more sympathy than the average metro dweller.

9. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

As the Ranger, in more than one sense of the word, walked up to a teenage girl I was almost losing my cool, but he was friendly, and she didn't appear too affected by his lack of eye. Sako came up to me, looking sort of worried, but I just smiled at him and scratched him over the ears and down the neck. His worried look now changed into a more happy, playful look, and I turned to the group.
    "It's confidential" I answered the girl. "But what Ranger would I be if I could not provide help for someone in need" I continued, hopefully ringing a bell to the knights of the metro - someone you could trust. "Where are you from, and why do you want to join us?" I asked. If we did not know this, there was no way we could bring her to the greatest secret of the metro.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

I think you seem to have misunderstood a little, Boris. The whole group, including two characters who aren't even part of the group yet, are all in the hospital. The only exception is Gena, Aaron's character.

During Darkbringer's recovery, I had kept my eyes on a girl in her teenages who had rushed in with a missing finger and gotten treated by the compassionate and kindhearted doctor. There was something about the little girl that kept drawing my attention to her. She was slim and pale like every other child of the metro, and her hair was uncombed just like all the usually poor people's hair was. Perhaps it was her eyes that caught my attention. They were like two shining beacons, two light-houses in the gloomy metro.

As I suggested that we should find the rest of the group, I was quickly put to a hault as the stranger who earlier had offered his assitance, entered the room, positioned himself behind the girl and greeted her with a firm grip on his peculiar weapon. He was soon followed by a seemingly annoyed Odessa who, together with Melkov, positioned themselves behind the stranger. Attempting not to disturb the event by drawing any attention, I slowly moved towards the left entrance of the door, claiming Melkov's old standing ground in case we got any unwanted company. I looked at the scene and watched with patience. Finally, we were going to leave soon.

11. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Yes, Aaron's character is the only exception. Thanks for getting about me jackass xD

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

Damn, I always forget someone! xD

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

"I... I'm not sure. I don't really have a home - I've been travelling ever since a group of men started chasing me. They caught me a few days ago. They wanted to..." explaining this brought back more unpleasant memories. I didn't want to go back. "They wanted to... they... I woke up at Tverskaya with my finger freshly cut..." I tried not to cry, barely managing to contain a tear. "Please, just take me away from here. I need to disappear for a while. The men who are looking for me, even if they find me, they will not approach me if I am travelling with you. They're determined, but not suicidal."

After saying this, I realized how useless I must have seemed to them. There I was, at the pity of some rangers, who were willing to let me join them out of sympathy. I decided that I had to make a better case: "I have a gun... and a switchblade! I'm not a good fighter, but I can defend myself when I have to. I promise I won't be a burden."

14. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Oh. haha sorry about that. i thought the only people in the hospital were me, skaara, and dark. just imagine that i left to the market before bamul came in. :)

15. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Tverskaya, I thought. Nazis. She was an enemy of the reich, and the enemy of your enemy is your friend. My opinion towards this girl had changed from just a random metro dweller to someone who I needed to protect. Perhapse I saw some of myself as a teenager in her. Fleeing from the nazis, desperately in need of protection. I was taken under the wing of a group of rangers, led by Melnik. Now I had to return the favour, and I decided I would not leave this girl here. "A lot of us have too been scarred by the Reich. I don't know about the others, but I see it as my personal duty to return the favor, the protection that I myself was granted by the Rangers when I was only a little older than you." I said. Hopefully she could relate to my story.

16. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

As I sit next my friend's hospital bed I start to recount the past few hours and how they led me here.

My mind instantly goes back to the moment that the caravan was attacked by mutants. Rats started to scurrying out of holes in the walls and also from the tunnel ahead of us. Lurkers and the usual tunnel trash, Nosalis. We were lucky enough to have enough firepower to defend ourselves from the mutants but what came next was even worse.

The track we had taken had become victim to that of a battle between the Reds and the Nazis. All the noise we had made attracted the attention of several soldiers as they turned to face the caravan, as it travelled between the track that the Reds had under control and the track the Nazis had under control. Some soldiers aimed at us while others kept on firing at the other side either way we were still in the cross fire of two of the strongest factions in the Metro.

Some of us fired at both the reds and the Nazis while others stayed still and got shot at. I fired a few rounds at both sides before getting shot in the arm and falling unconscious from the pain. The caravan finally reached a random station which brought the injured in to it's hospital willingly. The fellow nurses at the station patched me up and said I was good to go.

I finally come back to reality hearing words such as Ranger and only faintly D-6. I get up just as my friend's eyes close for the last time. I walk up to the the women standing next to a hospital bed which contains another women whose finger has been cut off. "Hello I couldn't mind overhearing that you were a Ranger. I want justice for those who are killed by Nazis, Reds, Bandits and mutants. I want to please join the Rangers."

You can ignore it if it is really bad.

#336 GoodLordApollo, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  17. Skaara Dreadlocks

"I must agree with you, Darkbringer, but are you saying that we should just drop the mission and bring her to another station? I feel the same sympathy for her, but bringing her with us to D-6 would only bring her into more danger than to leave her here or have her sent to another station", I said, suddenly realizing that I said D-6 out loud. Just as foreseen, a man stood up from one of the hospital benches and approached us. He wanted to join us, just like the bearded stranger and the girl.

I wanted to say yes, because we needed all the firepower we could get. But I believed that we would need to go in the stealthy and silent way, and these two men were possibly just as thoughtless and noisy as the scientist that we now had with us. I sighed at the fact that we had gotten larger by three people only in this little station, but I also felt a little releaved, as it was our last chance to advance our numbers before the big meeting with Glock.

"Alright. You", I said as I pointed at the bearded man behind the girl. "And you", I continued as I nodded towards the other man that had offered us his assistance. "Answer me these questions: Firstly, give me your names. Secondly, are you willing to sacrifice your life in order for any plans to go correct, and in order for the rest of the group to survive, or will you cowardly budge to the feeling of pain and fear?", I asked dramatically, and sort of strictly. "And thirdly, take off the glove on your right hand and show us your hand", I said to the man with the short brown hair and the Sapphire blue eyes.

#337 Skaara Dreadlocks, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I wasn't expecting the ranger known as Darkbringer to reply with a statement like that. It was good to know that many of them had experienced the wrath of the Fourth Reich just as I had; it looked like Darkbringer was even more keen to let me join, now knowing that I too was a victim of the Nazi's sick deeds. Knowing that he had experienced similar trauma in his youth convinced me that I could trust this man for now, unless he proved otherwise in the near future.

Then another one of the stalkers (with dreadlocks), who was carrying a very strange-looking gas mask and a large blade sheathed on his back, left the gathering and walked up to us. He showed similar concern for my safety - with an even stronger point saying why I shouldn't join them. They were going someplace dangerous. D6? What was D6? I was sure I had heard of this before, but where did I hear of it and what was it? Whilst thinking about this, I completely ignored another tall man with a wounded arm standing up from the bed and engaging in the conversation that followed.

D6... D6... what was D6? I couldn't remember. Or maybe I never knew and it was just another strange word that someone had used before in my presence, but never explained. "What's D6?" I interrupted the three men talking.

19. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Okey, err, time to catch up.
    As we entered the hanza station I slumped to the welcoming cold, concrete floor with a small sigh of relief. Odessa's gear had been heavier than I could imagine and nearly brought me to my knees. The march to the station had been a hobbling trial of overcoming exhaustion and burning muscles.

After recovering for a few minutes I dragged myself to my feet and stumbled after the others to the hospital. There, I carefully put odessa's gear next to jet and decided to get some grub when I saw that dark was tended to. I looked around until I found a couple of worn tents connected with eachother with a cardboard sign "Grub'n'gulp rest stop" next to it. A lovely smell of warm soup and roasted meat trickled into my nostrils.
    I entered the tent found myself in a small cozy restaurant. A few people sat by the tables and enjoyed their meals. I figured the others would be hungry so I decided to bring food. I walked up to the counter and asked if I could get some soup on-the-go, and I got handed an old ammo-box filled with warm soup. I thanked and payed for it and went to the hospital to the others.

There I found dark on his feet, and odessa and benjamin in conversation with a couple of strangers, a young girl and two well-armed men. I cauitously entered the room and said "SO er, I-i b-brought soup if anyone is-s hungry." and held out the box.

#339 Lagtagbag, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  20. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

I released the guy's shoulder as he explained that he just was trying to protect the group and backed off a few steps to stand by the door. Now we had three people who were wanting to join up for the mission. Two of them seemed like the regular sort of stalker, or mercenaries, and then there was this girl with the missing finger. Her voice was different, but the resemblance to my sister was still there. This group was just getting larger all the time. More people to worry about, to be guilty for if they died.

I shook my head to clear the thoughts away as Benjamin started questioning the two men, while the girl asked "Whats D6?" I looked over at Odessa, waiting for her to explain, and then Sergei walked in and offered everyone some soup.

I chuckled under my breathe and then tried to play it off as a cough. That had a way of breaking the tension. "I'm probably good for now, thanks for the offer Sergei." Trying to keep a straight face, I locked my eyes onto the two men, waiting for them to answer Benjamin's questions. Why would he want to see their right hands?