Roleplay part 6

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Sep 3, 2012.

1. dahksinol

dahksinol Well-Known Member

Yes, UltimLux has hit the mark quite well. It would be quite Out of Character for some of us to be amazed at this Metro 2, and I doubt Jet would instantly say yes to a cigar from someone we just met. Especially if it would mean smoking in the surface.

"Good that we see eye to eye. Now sit down and keep quiet, there's another problem we have to deal with." I said to the new-newcomer. Atleast he was... being cooperative. I turned to the other man who was talking about his Metro 2 and said, "And you were hoping to hitch in? Sorry, no can do. You're as agile as a pregnant cow, and as dextrous as a broken sprocket. Besides, we have a job, and idiots who are stupid enough to unmask themselves in the surface aren't something we need on it."

As I said this, Darkbringer shouted angrily, while opening fire with his shooter. Instinctively, I turned around and began to open fire as well, only seeing a glimpse of my target, a dark blur of shadows. "Chyort!" I cursed as my rifle went over my mark, "The hell in shit's name? Die, sooka!"

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

"Alright everyone, pick up your guns! You too, strangers. We're all humans here and we have bigger problems to deal with right now than pointing guns at each other and saying who did what. We're going to need all the firepower we can get." I picked up the newcomer's weapon and passed it to him. He seemed like a smart man, so I decided to risk it. "Now let's move up onto the second floor. From the looks of things, we are going to get overrun by swarms of these ubloodki soon. If we run out now - we will get slaughtered. We'll have higher chances of survival if we retreat up the stories of the building, as that way we won't have to worry about any side entrances or doors; we'll only have to cover the staircases. Judging by our numbers, we should have enough ammo to hold off a few waves of these bastards."

I wanted to wipe a bit of sweat from my forehead, but then I realized I still had my gas mask on. I paused for a moment to catch a breath, then continued: "If we show these snouts who's boss by holding out here for long enough, they'll retreat and stop the attack. They are mutants, but they're not stupid. They still have animal instincts." I checked the magazine of my AK, switched to semi-automatic and started making my way up the stairs. "Come on people, let's move! Those with long-range weapons: look out the windows and give them hell. Those with pistols and automatic weapons: surround the staircases and point your guns down there." I looked at my watch to see how much time I had left with this filter and sighed in relief, only to jump after hearing an increasing number of howls and growls from outside. "Let's make every bullet count, comrades."

3. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

*I just coud not believe some idiot would take his mask off up in the surface. suddenly he was giving me a cigar. I took it just to speed up the process of getting the truth out of them when Dark's warning changed everything. as quickly as we could we got ready. I pointed my IL85 towards the back and saw dark shadows closing in rapidly. the only chance was upstairs*

'Dark, upstairs, go! I'll cover you!' I said shooting a volley towards the dark shadows getting closer.

4. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

Accepting my pistol back from the tall man, I ducked as the woman fired off a volley towards the back and the man who had told me to put down my weapon started firing towards the front. These people are going to get me killed. Tucking it back into my holster, I pulled the brown coated man to his feet, and turned towards the stairs.

I bounded after the man I assumed was "Dark" and rushed upstairs, grabbing my rifle from its place against the wall as I did. At the top, I picked my gear up from the floor and slung the backpack over my shoulder. "Watch that big window at the back, Dark." I called. There were dark shadows moving across it.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Man, oh, man. Two new pages, and I've been gone all weekend! :p Great to see two new joiners. UltimLux seems to have great potential for this. Better than me, I must admit. And Stalker is improving rapidly :) I'll do a sort of undescribed briefing of the situation in this post.
    We can tend to jump a little bit back and forth in time between each post, just so you know, Stalker. I will do this now, so I can post my character's reactions:

When entering the building, the 'Daredevil' who fired the two AK shots outside earlier, sat down on the floor. He kept quiet for a while. It all happened so fast; mutants were closing in, and Darkbringer had to defend us by firing off a few shots. Zhenya ran to another building. Splitting from each other now was a bad idea, but Zhenya could probably handle it. Hopefully. With all this tension building up, there was suddenly a man revealed in the doorsteps. He seemed fascinated by my gas mask, almost in a worried way.

I would usually have said something in a situation like that, but everyone were saying something the whole time, and I did not want to interrupt the conversation. As I thought of something to say, there was always someone who said the exact thing that I had been thinking. It seemed to go well, despite the intensity of the situation. The only thing that made no sense was the 'Daredevil'. As if sitting down was not enough, he now took off his gas mask, lit a cigarette and also offered one to Odessa. To top this, he finally answered that he needed a transport to Tul'skaya, which was on the other side of the Hansa Ring.

I shook my head and refocused. The Daredevil was given back his weaponary, and so was the man that had come from the stairs, and we were now making our way up the stairs. As I had my HK G36K, I quickly positioned myself by one of the windows and looked outside through the in-buildt scope. My sight immediately landed on a shadowy figure in the dark. 'How coincidental' I thought to myself, but I just could not believe in such a coincidence, so I looked out from the scope and looked at the surroundings.

At first, I thought I could just see the snow blowing along the ground in the wind. But then I noticed how the mutant that I had spotted through the scope was now gone from the open. I squinted and focused at the surroundings outside. Then I saw it. The snow, was not snow. It was a horde of shadowy creatures in the night, all running towards the building we were in. My eyes widened in surprise.

I thought of how impossible this seemed to become. I thought of how they would just keep storming and storming until we were all torn to shreds. But then I remembered Pyotr saying that mutants were intelligent enough to retreat. It seemed like an unfamiliar thought to me. It seemed illogical to me, but it was my only hope, so I chose to believe in it. "Am I cleared to fire?" I asked as low as I could, but loud enough to make sure that everyone recieved the question.

6. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Suddenly the beast lunged for Darkbringer and he fired twice into flesh. It crumpled onto the floor nearly hitting him as dark jumped back onto the floor. Seconds later another beast came roaring out of the darkness. Pyotr shot but the beast was moving to fast and his shot missed. I had to react. Shouldering my rifle I fired a lengthy burst into it's side putting it down for good. Then running over to Dark I gave him my hand to help him up. As I did my eyes caught glimpse of the massive horde charging at us. Not wasting time I booked it up the stairs and took place at a window next to Benji who was just as amazed as me seeing the horde.

As I stuck my rifle out the window I could see Zhenya across the street. All alone. All we could hope for was that the beasts did not see him. "well, no time to lose" I thought. "if you've got a shot take it!" I yelled.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

Looking over at Dimitri next to me, I could see him looking at something else than the mutants. I looked in the direction and could see Zhenya. I surely hoped that he had a silencer for that G36C, or else he would be alone against the mutants that would possibly run into his building and want to eat him. 'It is just a shame that we cannot use Odessa's explosives", I thought to myself when thinking about the weak structures of the building.
    As Dimitri gave the signal from beside me, I closed my left eyelid and placed my right eye carefully against the round edge of the scope on my rifle. I switched the safety to semi-automatic and began sniping for the mutants' heads. One by one they began falling to the ground, rolling forward like sacks of potatoes.

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Seeing that the situation wad getting bad I decided to use my prototype grenades. "stand back" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I threw a fungus gernade that held the mutants in place and we all shot at them with a volley of bullets but more and more of these came from the horizon yelling out a stupendous howel.

9. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Shortly after my close shave with the howler, Dima helped me up and we ran to the others on the second floor. Benjamin had opened fire, and I quickly joined in. The mechanical precision in the time it took from you fired the shot until the shell hit the ground made our turkey shoot sound like a symphony, the wind outside acting as violin.

We thinned out the horde rapidly, but they were quickly replaced by other, even more willing mutants. They were driven by their instincts, an ancient force, overruling what ever brain capacity they might have left, pushing them forward to the death.
    I thought about an old military saying: "God will judge our enemies, we'll just arrange the meeting". As we didn't exactly judge our enemies, but more shot everything that moved, I found that saying quite fitting for this situation.

10. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

"N-No grenades you schmuck" the building could come down on us!" I shouted as the new guy who claimed to be an egghead tossed them against the muties charging us. I wondered why he was going to my Tulskaya, my homestation, had something happened?

I shook of the troubling thoughts about home as the situation grew more and more dire for every second. I positioned myself so I could cover Dark and Pyotr when they would retreat upstairs. "M-move people, this is n-not a drill"

11. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

We need to trap them I realized so I yelled "dont let them get close while I load my volt driver"
    The heat from it could melt the snow and trap the mutants in a frosty sheet of fleet.
    "go" I yelled at them to signal firing. In the blackest of nights the volt driver's spark was almost as butiful as the arkaling snow in the morning.
    The snow was melting and traping the instinct driven beasts into the immovable piles of snow

12. Jet Odessa

*we were in the middle of a deadly fight when a thought came to my head. in a situation like this, Jet had always been my decoy so I could get to safety quickly, joining me afterwards and acted as bait for me more than once. slowly I unstraped the lid of her 'carrier', and placing a hand on her neck, stroke her once. then, in a low voice said to her to go. she shot off like a bullet towards the stairs and out the back. I took my binocs out and scaned the area, smiling. I saw her run across the courtyard at top speed*

'there she goes, good girl' I said in a whisper.

*after the newcomer with the bolt driver managed to trap some of the beasts in the snow, the mutties that were left suddenly stopped in their tracks and went through the back door, chasing after Jet. if all went well, she would be back soon enough and the mutties would have been side tracked enough to give us some breathing space. I rested my back against the wall and took a deep breath*

'right guys, we wait five minutes, then we get the hell out of here, back down the metro. the next entrance is about ten minutes run. we will make it, if we go as quickly as possible, as quietly as possible, understood? Jet will find me, don't worry about her' I said looking at the two newcomers with a hard, cold look.

#252 Jet Odessa, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

"okay and then from there we can go to my base and stock up " I said in a hurried tone twoards the beatiful lady.
    But we needed luck I thought and thenn i'll tell why we need to take the metro 2
    but my head started pounding almost like a dark ones influence and in a hurried fashion I yellef"run as soon as possible"
    i had no idea what was stressing me so badly.

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

After firing headshot after headshot, I reloaded a new magazine and went for a new strategy. I switched the rifle to full-automatic and held the trigger, waving the rifle around, spraying the horde. The one magazine that I used, felt like it lasted forever. Eventually, some backed off, some were trapped in the snow, and Jet managed to lure the rest away. Odessa's look at the newcomers was not very friendly. It was good that she threatened them a little to put them in their places. I faced the group again. The contrast of the complete silence after the everlasting noise of firing felt quite strange. I loaded in another magazine and flicked on the safety. The metallic sounds of the reloading was the only sound at presence apart from the wind howling through the broken windows.

15. Jet Odessa

*I listend to what the bolt driver guy had to say and shook my head*

'we regroup first, rest, have a smoke and a coffee, and then, once you two tell us who you are, and what you want, we will decide what to do, and only then. and to be honest, going around metro 2 is not my idea of fun'

*I took out my radio and called Zhenya*

'Zhenya, you copy? come back to us, we are gonna make a run for it' I scanned the area again, no mutties.

16. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

"I'm n-not going anywhere til I know w-why you are going to tulskaya" I said in threatening tone and and aimed my rifle at the egghead and waited for a reply while Odessa called for Zhenya and the others reloaded and took a breather. I had to know if there was a threat to the station. "As far as I know there is no way to metro 2 from there."

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

It's the only way to my secret metro 2 tunnel I said not scared at all
    note this was a short post cuase im wating for odessa to say move out

#257 TheStalker, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  18. Jet Odessa

*I lokked at the egghead and was about to say something when Zhenya came running*

'now is not the time, we need to get the hell out of here first. Jet might be able to buy us ten minutes, no more, so let's go and get down as soon as we possibly can' saying this I ran for the exit, took a left turn and headed across an empty street, towards a building in the far right, all the time my eyes scanning for danger and my ears listening to the night.

*sweat was puring down my face, but I ignored it. in the corner of my eye I saw a low dark shadow come towards us and Jet came bounding up. she jumped on my shoulder and from there back into her 'carrier'*

'we are nearly there guys, just a last effort' I said not looking back.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

"As you most likely can see, we are not in possession of any transport vehicle. Tul'skaya is on the other side of the Ring. I suggest you go back down into the metro, walk back to Prospekt Mira and use the Hansa Ring on the Eastbound side to get to Tul'skaya. It is a far distance that would be very difficult, almost impossible, unless you use the Ring", I said from behind the man. I was about to say that we were on our way to a dangerous place, but I still could not trust him. He did not seem like a Nazi, but anyone could tell on us.

Odessa seemed eager to leave. We all were. Luckily, Zhenya made it back and we began leaving silently and carefully. As we began walking down the stairs, I looked at the man in a questioning way, wondering what he was planning to do next.

20. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

"No need for such trobull i will follow you to the ends of hell" I said in an unshaken voice to the man ."also I gotta admit your gas mask is epic" trying to sweet talk the man.