Roleplay Part 10

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

I smiled back to Benji and gave Jet a nod. I knew she wasn't to fond of this form of 'entertainment', so she scurried back to the main area of the lab.

'Wakey Wakey ladies. Time to go and get ourselves a few mutties!' I shouted at the top of my voice while making as much of a racket as possible. I just hoped none of them would take it the wrong way.....

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Considering how this isn't really going anywhere, as not even TheStalker is posting anything lately... I might consider to make one roleplay post where Benjamin returns to Polis in order to take care of some business, and that'll be my "Ending post" in the roleplay. It's been a good run, and I'd love to continue it, but I'd rather finish it with a last post than to sit and hope for the roleplay to continue when it never does anyway..

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

:( Sadly it's true. This RP is all but over.

4. Jet Odessa

so it would seem. unless we start another rp adventure. it would be sad to let it go.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

We could do that. I mean, we're just two or three remaining, but a fresh start with another story would maybe spice things up again and have people join. The only thing is, shall we continue with the same characters, just start a new mission? Or should we start a whole new story?

6. Jet Odessa

that's a good idea, but I would like to keep Odessa and Jet. I'm quite fond of them.

7. Aaron

Regular

I'd do a new RP if you want. As for my character it wouldn't be too wise to play someone no one else can see if there are only three of us to begin with.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Very well. I will use another character, actually one of my HL2RP characters. I just have so many, that I can't decide which one. Perhaps my female char... Until then, I will make Benjamin's last RP posts in this thread. Maybe he'll make a return in the next RP. By the way, we shouldn't call the next thread "2nd RP" or something like that. Rather something kewl like "A new age dawns" or something :D

Standing there with Odessa, I turned on the lights to realize something surprising. Everyone had left. Well, everyone except me and Odessa. Joe was probably still somewhere around, but I didn't intend to find out where. We wouldn't be able to go through with the mission, being only three people. "Maybe I was wrong", I said to Odessa. "Perhaps we should not stick our noses in something that should rather be left alone. I believe the mission ends here", I took a pause. "When we were fleeing D6, we lost Darkbringer to the Nazis. I went back to look for him while you dealed with the officer. I found an interrogation room with a bloodstained chair.... and this", I said before I lifted Darkbringer's dogtags off my neck, holding it up by the chain inbetween us, and took a deep breath.

"I followed a trail out of the room to get him back. I believe he is alive. Or, at least he was. But the trail went through a place that had collapsed. I couldn't get after him, and so I returned to the rest of the group to escape D6. Darkbringer might still be alive, imprisoned by Nazis. Though most probably, he died with the Nazis in D6 when we released the Toxin inside it. I doubt they would have escaped, with a prisoner, in time to get away from the Toxin. It filled the whole station of D6 within a minute or so", I finished.

I believe the journeying ends for me now. At least for some time, because I have something I need to take care of in Polis. I intend on taking Joe's train directly from here to there. You may join if you please, but if not, I believe this is our farewell", I explaied her.

9. Jet Odessa

*I listened to Benji while looking at the now empty room. there was nothing more for us to do here. I wish we could have help the Metro be a bit safer, but there were countless other threats out there that needed our attention*

'Yes, I'll come with you. I also have business to attend to in Polis, and to be honest, I could do with some rest. Haven't had a good night's keep for a very long time. That and a hot bath' I said to Benji turning around and getting my stuff together.

'Come on then Old Friend. let's go home' and sarted walking towards the train with Jet following close behind.

10. Aaron

Regular

Not surprising really. Waking up to see your comrades have abandoned you is only one of the many examples of a mans quality. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm good at making men flee from my torment, but I'm not that good.

"To Polis!" they say (the couple that remain). A so called "City" I've longed to see for many a year. I can always sense the innocents and enjoyment from a mile away. Yet, I cannot enter. Almost since the beginning an unpenatrable rune has been placed around the great Polis. One which does not allow my influence to enter. Who and how is something I have not yet discovered but it's obvious they remain in Polis to cower under their spell. One day I'll have them.

As for Benji and the woman whom remain I must (with the greatest sense of disappointment)... Say goodbye. For now.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

I followed Odessa to the train. It had a complicated system, with a touch-screen on a huge panel. But it was simple enough. Within a matter of a couple of minutes, I had managed to.... "dial" Polis. The doors closed with a pneumatic noise before the wheels screeched across the railroad and we were now headed for Polis. Just me, Odessa, and Jet. It was a silent trip. After such a long journey, mission after mission, my need for some rest finally caught up with me. It was all just a matter of time. It was the first time, in a long while, that I gave up on a mission. But it was about good time. At the same time, I felt that what I would be doing in Polis, was something useful and good. I sat in the train, slumpily in my seat, just... tired and wanting to take a break.

The trainwheels screeched again as the train decelerated and docked in Polis. "It seems we have arrived", I exclaimed as I got up from my seat and exited the train before walking into Polis' trainstation. Standing there with Odessa, I patted the Stalker-patch on my shoulder gently. "Considering you gave me this, it is only fair I provide you something in return", I said to her. I actually had not known her for very long, but in battle and cooperation, it felt like forever. Fighting alongside each other created a bond that felt like it had existed since forever. It wasn't something one could understand unless one had experienced it oneself.

(In advance, this kind of looks like the item I'm describing in the text below(Except the stupid skull of course :p)):
    [​IMG]
    I took off my backpack and put it on the ground. On my back, I had a leather-holster that laid over my shoulders with the holster of the katana strapped onto it, and with the katana in its holster of course. On the handle of the katana, the silver-ring dangled gently in a thread. I snapped the thread and hung the ring on Darkbringer's dogtags around my neck, before I slipped out of the leather-holster with the katana. "I fear you will have greater use of this in the future than I will", I said to her with a humbled smile as I held the sword out in my two hands in front of her, with the holster, offering her to take it.

"So, what will you do now, that our ways are parting?", I asked her.

12. Jet Odessa

*I looked at Benji and then at the gift he was offering me. I felt honoured and took it without saying a word. Putting it back in her rightful place I adjusted the strap and placed it on my back*

'Thank you Benji. I hope I'm worthy of her. I will be staying here for a rest, and then, who knows, there are always mutties to hunt and people to help. If you ever need me, you can find me at the Lone Ranger. If I'm not there, leave a message with the barkeep, they will make sure I get it'

*Taking a step forward I gave Benji a hug and Jet, realising something was up, jumped on Benji's shoulder and gave him a long headbutt and a sad meaow. When she finally came down and had settle on my shoulders, I turned around and started to leave. I would miss him terribly, since he had become more than just a friend, but a Comrade in Arms, a brother. But life was tough in the Metro, and the best I could though was honour his memory and carry his blade with pride*

'May the Metro be kind to you Old Friend' and so I made my way through the throng of people and towards the bar, discreetly wiping away a tear from my eyes.

#572 Jet Odessa, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Odessa was a woman who, in all honesty, was strong and independent. Probably even stronger than myself at the time. She did not say goodbye, and I suppose it was for the best. After all, who knew if this really was goodbye?
    "Likewise, Odessa", I said with a nod and a smile before she walked off. Standing there, in the middle of the trainstation, I could clearly feel how the last person of the group left, and I was all alone for the first time in... who knew how long. I knew there was nothing better I could do than simply get straight to business.

At the Polis reception, I reunited with the pleasant woman I had gotten so along with during my previous visit. "Good day to you again", I exclaimed. "I am in search of a sixteen year old female. She has very dark, tousled hair down to her neck, very bright blue eyes, and her name is Polina", I continued. "Ah, you mean the girl who misses a middle finger on her left hand?", the woman asked me. She provided me Polina's location in Polis. "It is really good to see that someone's finally here to look after her. She is a tough independent girl, but everyone needs someone who can look out for them and take care of them. 'Cause you are here to do exactly that, aren't you?", she asked me. "Yes, of course", I answered with a smile and a nod. "Thank you, I will see you soon", I said to her before I handed her a few bullets and walked off.

Yes, I was going to be a provider for the poor girl that we recently had left in Polis on her own. I was going to be somewhat of a father figure. I was not planning to commit the rest of my life to providing for her. I did not know if I could settle down for so long. But, I was at least going to get Polina onto her feet until she could stand on them for herself. Until then, I was signing out from the perils of adventure.

I'm at a LAN-party this week, and I'm not sure when I'll have the time to continue the next Roleplay. But when I do, I'll start up a new thread, and I'll also get working on my new character's bio and some pictures. Optionally, you could of course start the thread yourselves without me. :)

14. Aaron

Regular

When are we getting the new RP going!?

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ugh, I've honestly been too lazy to start it. Now's not really a good time, considering I'm at school. Perhaps later today.

16. Jet Odessa

Whenever you want guys. I'm up for it. Are we starting a new thread, or not? I mean, it would be easier to close this one, as not to confuse things.

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Correct ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.