Roleplay Part 10

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaara Dreadlocks

This is the thread for Roleplay Part 10, and I took the liberty to have the honor of making it before anyone else did, hahhh! :D
    Continue the roleplay here :)

2. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

guys, sorry for not posting lately, just busy with uni, got an assigment due next week. will post tomorrow.

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

let's make this one go on for 100 pages :D

4. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

The room was, hell there was no word to describe it. It gave me the chills, and my voice took a worried but not scared tone.
    "Joe seriously what are we doing here? We need to get to the University." I look back at Dmitri and Nik, my two comrades from the Revolutionary base. They have stern faces, and clutch their Kalashes close to their bodies. They weren't so trustful of others as I was. If they needed someone to be trustful, I was there. And if that trust was broken, I had two expert marksmen on hand.

"If we are going to the University, perhaps we should make a plan of what we will we take. So when we get we don't fight over the goods." Dmitri's heavy booming voice reverberated in the room, even taking me by surprise.

5. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

All of this knowledge. All of these letters. All of this paper. All of it, the thing that made the old world the old world, just abandoned here to gather dust. Never in my life had I been in such a majestic room. Leather bound books were stacked on shelves, which were in rows, or in pillars on the floor. Tables were discarded to the side. Loose notes were scattered on the ground. A chandelier had unhinged itself from its home in the ceiling and planted into the once polished oak floor below. A gaping hole resides where a mosaic once stood. The remaining pieces of picturesque glass still shine multi-colored lights throughout the room. This library was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid eyes on.

I moved towards the shelves, Yuri still attached to my back. Like mine, his mouth was ajar at the mystical environment around us. He too shared my desire for knowledge. He too sought the old world. As I approach a table, I can not help but touch the entire line of books covering the counter. A part of me wanted to dig into the piles of literature, of history, of science, of math, of everything. A part of me was hungry. Hungry for the knowledge. Hungry for the words and the letters and the facts and the ideas and the--.. My hunger was denied when a sound cracked behind me. Startled, I peer over my should to find nothing but some toppled over bookcases and the silence of Yuri and the wind. Still, I draw the revolver from the shoulder holster and scan the room over a copy of times. Satisfied by the library's occupancy of living organisms, I turn back to the El Dorado of knowledge that lies behind me. Without hesitation, I open my rucksack and begin to fill it with knowledge. If possible, I would have poured the entire contents of the table into my bag. But alas, the volume of the bag grew until stitches began to slightly tear along the sides. I found myself pushing pieces of paper into my pockets, hurling the crumbs into myself mouth to cease my starvation. Yet I fear my starvation would not altered, as it took Yuri several taps, which grew subsequently harder, to awaken me from the rat-like behavior. Aware of the urgency to go, I stuff a few more pieces of paper into my jacket pocket before moving towards the library's exit.

Halfway towards the main entrance, I notice a maintenance door that is inched open. The hunger takes the best of me and against my will I step through the door, revolver barrel first. I find myself atop a small staircase, maybe seven or eight steps. A puddle rests at the bottom of the slope. Looking down into it, I can see the grim and dirt of D-6 still covering my face beneath the gas mask's visor. I can barely recognize myself, or Yuri, or the shadow. The shadow? This is the moment I become aware of the large, dark figure standing behind me. It engulfs the view from the puddle and, with a sharp pain to the side of my head, this darkness consumes me as well.

I'm back.

#5 I Hate Lurkers, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  6. Salami

Salami Active Member

I arrived at the station. I hopped off early, and derailed the cart.

The guards let me pass, without keeping my gun... Odd.
    I came around the corner to see a horrific sight.
    People... Hairless, Sickly, Pale, people inhabited this station. I saw light coming from the escalator, could it be, it is open? Guards looked tense, everything was dull. I approached a small stand.

"What's going on here." I asked
    "Radiation Poisoning."
    I then quickly grabbed for my gasmask, as inhaling the dust is a cause of it. I know that it could still be absorbed, but I want to take any precaution I can.
    I still need to think of what to write next...

7. Jet Odessa

*the hall we were now in was like nothing I had ever seen in my life. shiny surfaces where ever you look, even Jet was staring around. she jumped of my shoulder and went off to explore, and that remained me it was time to feed her as well, so I put my ruckpack on the floor and took out her bowl. after putting her food in it and a smaller bowl with some water she came back to my side and had her dinner, jumping back onto my shoulder with a contented purr*

'sorry guys, but first things first. if I didn't feed her she would be meaowing in my ear non stop, and I'd much rather face a pack of nosies with just my knife than that!' I said to no-one in pparticular.

'so, now what? don't you think we should hurry up and get to University as quickly as possible if things are as dangerous as you said they are? we have been here for what it seems ages' I said to Jo, trying to move things along a bit.

*I was getting impatient to keep going, but so far it looked like we were just stalling*

8. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

I stared across the surface as i kept an eye out for mutants, the university was close by I could see the rough outline of it, I had originally planned to travel with a group to the university, but that plan had gotten scrapped when group had been killed by a Red and Nazi skirmish. I had heard of another group going to the university and planned to at least try to join them, I didn't give too much thought to the idea as their group was probably large since the trek to the university was as harsh as the rest of the metro.

I coughed slightly."damn, filters running low good thing i stocked up before I left I better move and quit staring." I whispered to my self. thus I began the long marched forward toward the university.

OK how'd i do for my first role play post, criticism is welcome!

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Looking pretty good so far. Keep up the posting!

I slightly turned my head towards Odessa and listened to her question. It seemed to sum up what most everyone was thinking at the time apart from the shiny floors...

"I second the question." I add after Odessa's question echoes through the room. After all it was Joe who was leading us but so far he seemed to be taking his sweet ass time for such an eminent threat. Who knows... I took heavy gulps from my canteen as we waited.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Come on, TheStalker, we're three guys who've already asked you something :p
    Oh, and great roleplay post, Ranger Jack :)

11. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Very Nice. I'm back from my holiday.

Hering everyone else's question, I began to nod in agreement. "Why aren't we getting to University as son as we can?" I whispered to myself. While I waited I kept on taking my clip out of my gun and putting it back in.

12. Aaron

Regular

*Cough!...

Tricked you guys into thinking this was a real RP post, Ha!

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Post tommorow, My school finished so parties and all :p

14. Aaron

Regular

Right... I feel like I've heard this one once before... Or twice... Or three times...

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

heh, you've probably heard it before. My homeschool works like this. 2 months of school and then 2 weeks off. :p
    I didn't answer there questions instead I just waved my hand, signaling to move forward. Once we got ahead I jestured at the door. it opened showing the train going to my lab....

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

I think he meant the "I'll post tomorrow" part :p

Joe signaled for us to follow, and so we did. We arrived at a train that seemed to go.... somewhere. I trusted Joe and sat into the train, waiting for everybody else.

17. Jet Odessa

*well, it seems we were moving at last, onto a train going somewhere. I got into it with Jet and sat next to Benji. I had noticed his worried look earlier when Anton took our smokes out. I knew Benji was worried about my smoking, but in a place like this, I needed some kind of stress reliever when mutties were not around to help me*

'Don't worry about my smoking Old Friend. I probably do smoke too much, but in a place like this... if the smoking don't kill me something else surely will, and so, I rather enjoy the little things in life, than worrying about that in a place where just breathing without a mask on means certain death in some places. I know it might not make much sense to you, but since I don't drink, except in rare ocassions, I much rather have a little vice than none at all, 'cause women are in short supply down here' I said to Benji with a smile on my face.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

The train started moving and we were on our way to wherever it was going.
    I realized Odessa was actually correct. "I understand", I answered. "With all the radiation we have all inevitably breathed in, you are probably not in any worse condition than the rest of us. But you should be aware, the radiation definitely makes one's lungs more vulnerable from the smoke", I continued casually. "You know I do not say this in order to lay my judgement over you nor to put you in what I believe is the correct spot. I just express how I care for your health, for you", I said in a rather serious tone, trying not to sound too soft as the sentence itself was quite squishy.

19. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

Sitting down on the train, finally, we were on our way. I decided to place myself a good distance from the main group, still able though, to hear their conversations. I put down my heavy rucksack and take out a small, battered, leather bound book, entitled: Hamlet Original Text and Russian Translation 1996. I slowly open the delicate pages to see that familiar handwriting.

Dear Alek, I write this to you in hope that one day, when you are able to read this, that you will be a honest man, with good intentions. This book, which I assume you'll never read but that's beside the point, I bought in Kiev, where I met your mother and the rest as they say is history. Good luck Aleksandr Demyam. Valentin Demyam

As my eyes scanned this beloved text, I couldn't help but allow one tiny tear to roll down my face. I quickly brush it off, but to no avail, several other tears begin to stream down my face. I bury my head in my trench coat to dry my face, but my eyes are unmistakeably bloodshot, obvious to any passer by that I'd cried. I pull out my SKS, cleaning it carefully, hoping the monotony of my task would blur my memories- Fascists were storming the station... No, no, no, just don't think ab- ...kicking doors down and grabbing women and belongings... NO! Stop thinking! St- ...they enter a room, where a man and a woman are stood, in defence of their two children. The memories won't stop, they won't sto- The man attempts to shoot them, but the Fourth Reich are too quick for him, and gun both them down, acrid gunpowder filling the room. The tears fall down my face once again. the man falls on top of me, his dead weight crushing me, the smell of bloody iron everywhere. I bury my head in my trench coat, pretending to be asleep, while I cry silently.

20. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

That post was really touching, Darcy. The feels :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.