Role you don't like playing

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by calebmelvern, Oct 8, 2013.

1. p4lse

p4lse Active Member
    Regular

The hard support. It requires sacrificing yourself for the good of the team which is not just my style of playing. You also need to be a lot more vocal and communicate more with your teammates when you play the support role. That also isn't my cup of tea.

2. duke1101

duke1101 Active Member
    Regular

I don't like playing ad carry because the role is just so much more different to what I am used to. I normally play assassins mid and top (mostly) riven and switching to a role that sits back and attacks is boring. I like support more because you cause more early impact and many of them have play making potential. Ad carries like vayne are very fun to play though because of the unique mechanics that exist within her kit.

3. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, back when I used to be only a petty newbie compared to the astute players that surrounded me all the time (sarcastically speaking, obviously), I despised the role support and those who had the misfortune of getting it in ranked queues, mainly because I believed it was tiresome. Now I believe it's actually quite complex, since you have ensure miscellaneous things such as vision, ADC's success etc. Hard work!

4. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hate jungling. Reason being is that I usually have to depend on my team too much. Depend on them not to feed and to be responsive when I'm ganking of course.

5. JusApee

JusApee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't hate a specific role, but I can say that with the new champion select and role selection, I have to either choose Fill or wait 5 minutes queue time. Obviously I choose Fill as my secondary role, but as Fill is basically support, I get to play support 90% of the times regardless of my first choice. So yeah, I'm bored of supporting. Totally!

6. Potausen

Potausen Active Member
    Regular

The only role that I don't really like playing is ADC. I just don't like being the enemy team's squishy main objective in a team fight. I don't really like mid as well, just because of how squishy the champs are.

7. TryHard

TryHard Active Member
    Regular

The trick is learning 1-2 champions in each roll (with some overlap if possible

I play a lot of Naut, Lulu and Quinn. With those 3 champs alone I can play any role comfortably

Naut - Sup, top, jung (and even mid if you choose the cheese)
    Lulu - Mid, Top, Sup
    Quin - Literally everywhere but support (unless you're a g)

8. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I personally do not like playing as ADC / Support because the fact of playing with another person on my lane makes me uncomfortable and it tends to disturb my gameplay, that is why I prefer playing top or mid, mostly top because I can go all in by myself and not depend of other players in the match.

9. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Adc carry is just boring to play. Just sitting back and attacking gets really tiresome really quickly. It's one of the least fun roles in the game.

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Playing mid is too stressful for me. Thankfully I have a really good mid usually because it's one of my friends that take that position. :p

11. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Jungler, because it's really boring just hitting jungle creeps. I'd rather play an MMORPG in that case!

12. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I absolutely hate support. Sometimes in normal games I play Bard support to mess around with my friends, and am sometimes forced into playing Nautilus support in ranked, but I would never choose to play support. I find it so dull and boring. I much prefer to hold my own and make flashier plays on aggressive champions, usually in the mid lane.

13. GenevB

GenevB Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't say there is a specific role I don't like, as I'm trying to understand the game better and I love playing on each part, however I usually love to play adq as it gives me the most liberty to move and control the game as I like.

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't like jungle because I find it way easier to farm in lane where I can just constantly throw out skills and hit something everytime even when I'm in a skirmish whereas in jungle you have to actively and consciously farm and I find that tedious to think about especially while or after chasing down enemies.

15. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't like playing carry. I'm always a support unit in most games and pretty much do the same in League. Never been dependable on the fighting side of things.

16. kaiserflame

kaiserflame Member
    Regular

Top. It's almost absolutely necessary for top players to play the tank role and I'm just not good at being the tank. So I always pass on this role.

17. Gombafej

Gombafej Member
    Regular

Support. So underwhelming. I feel like every time im forced to play support I just get frustrated because I don't have as much ability to change the game as I would have with a carry for example.

18. ThorEl

ThorEl Member
    Regular

This. As an ADC player, unless I'm playing with my duo-queue partner, I just feel so underwhelming at support. I must confess I'm not at all great at the role, and could improve, but watching my ally ADC make sub-optimal plays while I am playing a role I know I'm inferior at just feels so frustrating. Support is easily the hardest role to play with a lack of communication, as in a co-ordinated team support can be an immensely powerful role, so wandering around trying to help team-mates who won't co-operate in solo queue is one of the most miserable experiences on the rift.

19. anontheamazing

Regular

I don't really like playing support too often. It's not that I'm bad at playing the role, it's just that I tend to get bored because I'm so used to playing ADC or Carry. When things get heated, I tend to get more into it though. Any of you guys have a problem with kind of getting bored playing support?

20. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to love playing support, but hard support is a rough go. You have to really sacrifice yourself at times. It's a tough role to play in games.