Role you don't like playing

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by calebmelvern, Oct 8, 2013.

1. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I personally hate having to play support whenever I'm in the ranked champ selection. Even if I'm the first pick and want to have mid, for example, there's always someone who threatens to feed the enemy team, and am always left with no choice other than accepting the situation and play a role that I have barely any knowledge about.

2. forward280

forward280 Member

I'm not sure if I necessarily hate any specific role, but there are things about some roles that I don't like. They mainly feed off of other players not playing their roles right, for instance I hate playing carry if the support and jungle are playing horribly.

3. edesapa

edesapa Active Member

I really hate Jungle. I hate that I have no farm, and have to run through the whole map, and I also have to gank m y lanes if there is an opportunity. I can play Jungle, but I hate it, my favorite champion there is Vi, because her Q makes ganking easier.

4. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

Same, I don't really like jungling, especially with less mobile champs like Warwick before level 6, as often other lanes will whine for gank, when I can barely keep up with leveling AND the movement sped of enemies.

5. NinjaTael

NinjaTael Member

Honestly, it would have to be Support for me. I can do it well and fine; I just strongly dislike the general attitude towards support players and most ADC's proclivity to blame the support for any negative event in the game. Top laner died? "Support where were you?" I do realize this get's less abundant as you climb ranked, however that does not mean it dies completely. I don't know, it's just not the most appealing to me.

6. parassd

parassd Member

I dont like playing tank because I end up dying without helping my team mates because I always engage at the wrong time :p

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I tried ADC'ing. It always fails and I always fail. But I was forced into the role and they then blamed me. Reported each one for being rude. I hate having to be forced down a particular pathway you won't enjoy in a game just so others can do what they want. And then they get snippy about it.

I dislike ADC with a burning, raging, fiery passion. Rather AP Mid/Support/or Top. I hate Jungle and ADC, and I used to LOVE Jungle. They've just butchered it so much.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I despise playing support. I'm never really good at it and I don't work well with other players since I'm kind of a more aggresive player and my teammates mostly don't follow my lead.

9. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I'm aggressive to the point of "leeroy" on most characters (on DOM/ARAM anyways, or Hexa) but on SR5's I enjoy support, watching the map, calling MIAs while assisting my ADC to farm their minions and harass the other lane. I find it incredibly enjoyable.

On the flipside I hate, HATE, the new Jungle. I was forced into it again today after telling them I should be Jungling then they all blamed me and pointed fingers when I did horrible. Hello, I told you not to stick me in the Jungle. Your fault you wasted 40 minutes of your life. I tried =/

10. ChrisM53

ChrisM53 Active Member
    Regular

I literally cannot stand supporting in solo que. I hate standing by watching my team fail and killing any form of a target, and I just lose lose lose. Was forced to support once, I went Leona and we were crushing it. I was 1/1/26, got my adc fed up nearly 100 cs and like 7 kills from lane opponents, including jungle ganks. Mid won, top won.. The game was amazing and I thought to myself "man, support really can carry =D". Boy was I wrong, the moment that game switched from lanes into team fights. We were up literally 26 to 9. Gotten every dragon, two barons. And we lost... We lost a game up 12k on the opposing team because my team had no idea at all how to fight in any form of team fight =/. Saddest day of my life. Rofl xD

11. AlexKabam

AlexKabam Member
    Regular

Meh, I personally don't like jungle. I enjoy all roles quite a bit, but jungle is definitely one that is almost a completely separate game, and it is very weird for me to play as a predominantly mid lane player.

12. Se7en

Se7en Member

AD and mid. I'd rather support AD or go solo top, my favorite role is of course jungler (Vi).

All MMORPGs I've played, I've always been support/healer.

13. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

Probably jungle--I don't like having to be relied on for ganks at all three lanes and it's very seperate compared to other roles. I enjoy playing it sometimes though. Support isn't that bad, I know some good support champs and how to play them so I enjoy it sometimes.

14. Kennypie

Kennypie Member

When I play league I usually try to go bot lane as either adc or support but if that's taken I try to jungle. The reason I do not like mid or top is that I do not have as much experience in those lanes and I did not invest my IP into buying many mid or top champions. If I am forced to go mid I try to pick a champion to just farm the lane without feeding my opponent and try to group for objectives or roam with the jungler. I do not mind mid as much as top though. Top lane to me just seems like an island and if you make one mistake the lane just snowballs out of control.

15. ChrisM53

ChrisM53 Active Member
    Regular

I loathe playing carry its awful to have so much pressure from the team to be amazing one death and everyone starts cussing you out and making you feel terrible! Its hard in the beginning when your support wants to be super aggressive and you just cant keep up then both of you die and you get blamed for it or when the other teams jungle ganks and your just dead because you pushed to far and you already took a bunch of damage.

16. Darce

Darce Well-Known Member

I just hate jungling. Especially in rankeds where I cannot joke around with off-meta picks like Galio/Poppy jungle or something similar.
    I just feel like I'm crippling my team when I do. Luckily for me, the recent braindead tank jungle meta has been very forgiving for newbies in the jungle who like to teamfight, so I can't complain too much. However, it's slowly shifting away :(

17. Luuchan

Luuchan Member

I don't like playing mid-lane. I believe it's the easiest role to carry from (if you're good), but there's way too much to think about (i.e. roaming, ganks from both sides, etc.) CS-ing is also extremely difficult with such low aa damage, and I hate early game the most. Whenever I play mid, I feel pressured to be aggressive to get the kill, but I just don't have enough confidence in land everything and/or don't have enough knowledge with match-ups and damage. I guess it all comes down to practice.

18. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hate mid. I never have the right runes for AP and I rarely buy mage types. I can play any other role with no problems though.

19. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

After trying all positions again, I actually DON'T hate AD as much as I thought. Jungle takes that new spot. They've changed the Jungle I've known since season 1 too much. It's like a different entity, even down to how you watch and engage lanes. Feels completely different and I did horrible my first time back. Under-leveled. No help, even with fantastic engages because of gap in level, and when I needed to mooch lane exp to catch up because they were invading my jungle I got bitched out. Yeah, not my cup of tea.

20. Varian245

Varian245 Active Member
    Regular

I never have liked playing Jungle. I only do when I have to. It's hard to know when to gank and understanding which lanes need the most help. It's like nearly impossible in games where my team is losing a bit hard.
    This is my thought process - "OH this lane needs help!" "No! Bot is getting f**ked. I should go help." "Top lane please try not to fight them."
    Like it's literally a struggle in my head.