Role-play part 5

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Aaron, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I bent over to let Jet jump on my back. She purd at me and it brought a small smile to my face. I hadn't seen a cat since before the war and jet was the perfect cat to refresh my mind. As Odessa disappeared into the darkness towards the group I turned around and began slowly searching the tunnel for clues. I entered a small room that brached off from the main tunnel but it was empty say for the rats that jet quickly scared off with a hiss. returning to the tunnel I walked a few yards ahead when I saw something lying on the ground. I took a closer look from a distance and saw that it was Andrey's rifle left abandoned on the ground. as I tried to walk closer to it Jet suddenly hissed violently. Stopping dead in my tracks I crouched down and began scaning the tunnel searching for the source of trouble. As I moved my headlamp from left to right a rat suddenly ran passed with a scratching sort of sound. "It's just a rat Jet, nothing to worry about". Feeling like a fool I stood up and wiped the dust off my knee. "let's keep looking" I told jet. I took one step and heard some sort of clicking sound. "huh" BAM! My face hit the railway track and instantly broke my nose as I was wisked away to the tunnel celling. Jet was thrown off my shoulder and was now meowing at me from the ground. I stayed hanging from the roof like a pinyata for about a minute. I was almost able to count the seconds with the drops of blood falling from my broken nose. Things were getting blurry. "jet, go get help" I told jet struggling to say the words. She ran off in a heartbeat towards the camp as if she knew exactly what I said. Looking around from my new perspective I glanced towards my leg. I was being held by a small steel cable covered with rust. Looking beyond the cable I could see something moving threw a small hole in the roof. I squinted my eyes trying to get a better look but when I did I felt something hit my neck. It felt like a bee sting and hurt like hell, but only for a second. After a Few seconds my neck started to get numb and then my chest, until I couldn't move a muscle. I started to dip in and out of consciousness until I could feel myself being pulled up. I closed my eyes and drifted off.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

As everyone were ready, I unhooked the HK from the side of my backpack before I took it out in front of me and switched on the attached flashlight. "Let us make movement", I said out to the group before I nodded to Jet and dropped down onto the rails. We walked South through the dark tunnel.

3. dahksinol

dahksinol Well-Known Member

I followed Benji from behind, and readied my Saiga, "Let's go find Baldy. I doubt the bastard's dead, but I also doubt he'll be alive when we get there if we twiddle our thumbs. Anyone got a lead?" I said quietly, only for the group to hear.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I seem to have forgotten; what ever happened to Vlad? He ran in some direction when we were on the cart and he hasn't posted since :p
    "The only lead we have is Andrey's revolver located at the outside of a walkway to the right in the tunnel wall", I answered Pyotr. "Unless there is more to it that we have not been told of?" I asked Odessa. I tightened my grip around the grip of the HK as I thought of the Satanists. Firefights with other humans was definitely less frightening than mutants and anomalies, but it was surely more dangerous. One cannot stop a bullet that is already on its way, unlike a mutant. That is why I used firearms, because it was way more efficient than melee weapons. Then again, ammunition did not grow on trees. Not that we had trees anywhere anyway. That was another minor reason for me to keep my katana. The main reason was its origin, the memories it kept from before this doomed apocalypse.

5. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

We all stood ready waiting to go, I could feel my stomach twist with anticipation and dread. Who knew what we would find up ahead? Would my Uncle be there?

When I saw Jet come out of the tunnel without Dima I got worried, something must have happened. "G-g-guys look, Dd-dima is-s gone", i said to the rest of the group and started to walk faster towards the tunnel.

6. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

*I saw something black and small heading at speed towards us and nearly shot it before realizing it was Jet*

'Damn! this is not good guys. now we got two to rescue instead of one. right, lets go, double march.'

*moving towards the tunnel, I started walking as quick as I could, glancing backwards from time to time to make sure the guys were still with me. It was a power walk and after five minutes I was drenched in sweat, but I didn't slow down. I would have time to rest when this was all over. soon enough we were at the bend when Jet tensed once again on my shoulder and started meaowing softly as if trying to tell me somenthig*

'what is it girl? where is uncle Dima? go tell us'

*with this Jet jumped off and advanced about a metre before stopping and looking forward and upwards. I followed her line of sight and saw a small opening on the ceiling. with a gesture from my hand I told the guys to hit the walls and turn their lights off. I scurried back towards them and spoke in quiet whispers*

'there is a small hole in the ceiling, which seems to lead somewhere above us. it seems that is where Andrey and Dima have gone to'

*looking around me I saw Dima's gas mask on the ground and picked it up. he's gonna need a new one I thought to myself looking at the cracks*

'right guys, plan of action?' I asked quietly, showing them the damage mask. 'look out for traps, I believe that's how the got them'

*I had a better look around the place, thinking they probably had some sort of entrance to get in and out of their cubbyhole. that hole was enough to pull someone upwards and in, but too difficult to get in and out off themselves*

'guys, have a good look around. we are missing something in here. that hole is not big enough for them to get in and out of their station with their equipment. they must have some sort of hidden entrance around here somewhere' I said scanning the place.

#6 Jet Odessa, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
  7. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

After waking from my slumber, I had been slowly following the group from behind, remaining almost invisible. I did not know who their target was, or even where we were going. But it was in the direction of the Satanists, and I grew worried. I pulled out my AK-105 and inserted a fresh magazine into the clip, calming my nerves. I told Odessa, "Perhaps we can sneak in. I know of a side passage that will lead to the heart of the station; the only problem is that we'll have to fight our way out. Or, we could negotiate."

I was hoping we could avoid blood-shed. While the Satanists were an evil group, everyone has their price, and being a Stalker had made me a wealthy man.

#7 Teddy Picker, Jun 17, 2012
  8. Jet Odessa

*I listened to Anatoli and nodded*

'ok, let's find that entrance. and regarding how we get out, personally, I rather finish them all than let even one of them live, so they can do their evil no more'

*I made sure my weapons were all fully loaded and accesible while I waited for the group to decided how to proceed*

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

"Do not we all, Odessa?" I asked rhetorically. "The stealthy approach would be a more preferrable way, I believe. If, though, we manage to be detected and the whole band of Satanists is alarmed of our presence, then our wishes might be fulfilled if necessary", I decided before I loaded the HKG36K with a new full magazine. After that, I looked over at Anatoli with a face expression that said 'I don't trust you, but this will be your chance to prove yourself'. "If you would be so kind, may you lead the way, Anatoli?" I asked him and gestured for him to walk to our front.

10. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Dima was gone, his gas mask crackled. There was no way I'd let him down after all we'd been through, and I felt confident that they satanists would get to know this. I was calm, no shaking, no fear, just one instinct - the killer insticint. An instinct that had gone lost a thousand years ago, but was now very much alive in the metro - at least for me, and a few others. It had saved me before and it would save me again. If only it could also save Dima, I thought.

#10 Darkbringer, Jun 17, 2012
  11. Jet Odessa

'all set? right, let's roll then guys. May the Metro be kind to us on this day, and spare our lives and those of our friends'

*I waited for Anatoli to lead the way, my eyes and my senses fully alert, ready to put a bullet in Anatoli's skull at the slightest sign of betrayal*

'right Benji, stealthy it is, but if we do manage to save Andrey and Co and get out with as minimal fuss as possible, I propose we live behind a few little 'presents' for them to marvel over as a parting 'good will gesture', what you reckon?' I said patting the grenades in my vest pocket with a dangerous glint in my eyes and a feral smile that reached my eyes as well as my soul.

#11 Jet Odessa, Jun 17, 2012
  12. Skaara Dreadlocks

"To that, morality would have answered negatively. But that answer is again neutrialized by the fact that morality does not count when it comes to those who do not count with morality", I answered Odessa. I did not wish to unnecessarily harm anyone, but if it would stop their madness and their doings, then it would not be unnecessary.

13. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I could hardly see anything through the thick haze that covered my eyes. What I could see were two skinny men pulling me through a tiny tunnel barely big enough to squeeze through. I had to tilt my head over every minute or so to drain the blood from my nose. I felt like such an idiot walking into such a noticeable trap. But not like my opinion matter much anymore.

14. Jet Odessa

'I agree with you Benji, but in this case they have forfeited all pitty and mercy I would show to any1 in another scenario. If the elimination of a few soulless beings, since I cannot bring myself to call them humans, is gonna stop the suffering of many more, I think it would be morally wrong of us not to do away with this problem if we had the chance'

*saying this I turned to follow Anatoli, who was by now leading us a bit back on our previous path and to a small corridor on the left that we had missed before somehow*

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Odessa seemed to understand my point, and agree with it. And so we made our decision of not only rescuing our captivated brethren, but also repay our enemies for making us do so in the first place. Anatoli lead us through a hallway and it did not go long before Jet seemed to have noticed the same as I did. There was a short trail of a few drops of blood. It stopped too early for us to get any clue of where it was leading. I bendt down and looked closely at it. "It seems to be fresh", I stated to the group. And just as I said that, Jet stealthily ran forwards to locate another short trail, and so on; one trail after another, and the blood just seemed to be more and more fresh as we progressed through the tunnel.

16. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

As we tracked Dima and his captors I thought of what had been discussed. Killing those wretched abominations of men would indeed be doing the whole metro a service, but what about all their prisoners? Where we just about to leave them to their fate? Where we just to find this Wolf character and leave? It felt wrong, so I moved up to odessa and Benjamin and whispered "what will happen with the other prisoners the satanist have collected?"

#16 Lagtagbag, Jun 17, 2012
  17. Teddy Picker

"So, extermination of the station it is? Most inhabitants are probably innocent; think of the women and the children. Do they have a choice in their beliefs? No, they're forced to believe in such rubbish" I said violently. These people would never understand.

"As you can see, the passage leads to a side tunnel. Only a few Satanists know and they post a guard there at all times, so taking him out will be our first move. Questions?"

18. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

*suddenly, there is movement within the passage*
    I walked out of the passage rubbing my eyes after breaking camp, wearing my radiation suit and pack, suppressed revolver in hand. When I saw the motley group at it mouth, I instinctively said "Who-?" I clammed up immediately when several gun barrels instantly oriented themselves at my head. I raised my hands and said, "Don't worry, guys, I'm no Satanist. I am...a friend. They call me the Engineer."

19. Teddy Picker

I hadn't raised my gun at the stranger; if his intentions were hostile we would have already been dead. "What are you, one of their slaves or something?" I said, calmly.

He looked oddly confident. I could have sworn I'd have seen the man in Polis, but I couldn't put a finger on his name. "Engineer you say, is that a moniker or a profession?" I asked. I gestured for him to come over, told him to be quiet, and extended my hand towards him. "The name's Anatoli, and you?"

20. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

"I'm Bogdan, Bogdan Tsavets. just needed a place to sleep," I tell Anatoli. "I've been running from a pack of nosalises for two days now. Think I lost them a few tunnels back. Oh, and to answer your question, I was once an engineer. The name stuck."