Rift vs Classic WoW

Discussion in 'Rift' started by pr0xx1d, Jan 30, 2014.

?

Which is better?

1. Rift

60.0%
  2. Vanilla WoW

40.0%
  1. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Rift reminded me a LOT of Vanilla WoW. What do you think? Which is better?

2. Lostvalleyguy

Lostvalleyguy Well-Known Member

I voted for Rift. The simple reason being that it has been able to learn from the early mistakes of WoW and not had to repeat them. All newer games have the advantage of not having to make the mistakes of their progenitors. If vanilla WoW wewre to be launched today, it would be much better than i was originally.

3. Takedon

Takedon Active Member

Rift, only because it is free to play.

4. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying the raid / heroic raid content of WoW right now. It's difficulty directly aligns itself with the amount of challenge/camaraderie that I'm seeking. Rift seems like the same basic game in principle, so I'll stick with WoW. However, being one to love the stories in Bioware games, I'll definitely be giving SWTOR a purchase. Its leveling looks great even if the endgame is a wildcard.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Since this is on a Rift Forum section I think Rift will win, but personally I didn't like WoW to much so I vote Rift as well.

6. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think Rift perfected the WoW formula and added some Guild Wars 2 twists to it. That makes it superior to WoW in many aspects, and that is including current WoW, not just vanilla.

7. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Is Guild Wars 2 worth it? I remember playing the first one and it felt a little too "anime" for me. Is the 2nd one any different/better?

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

While the anime formula is still there in GW 2, I think the overall game experience is awesome. The whole game feels like a single player game were you are able to call on friends to help you out here and there. Not like an MMO at all. And a bit of anime design is not so bad in my opinion.

9. beki

beki Active Member

I guess I just tied things up by voting Vanilla WoW. I don't think you can really say that Rift is better because it came after other games, including WoW. The issue is that Wow started it and still continues to do better. Wouldn't Rift then have just copied what another game did?

10. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I voted for Rift, because it is a free to play game and I love the way the whole rift battles are. I like wow too, but the thing is after awhile it became a game that I less missed since I found rift. I thought both games had their own uniqueness to them though.