Ranger Cosplay

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jeepsoup, Aug 9, 2016.

1. jeepsoup

jeepsoup New Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post to the forum. I made a Ranger of the Order costume for Dragon Con 2015. I really enjoyed making the costume, and the few con-goers who recognized it make it all worthwhile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I 3D printed the helmet, and made the body armor from scratch. The AK is a cheap airsoft that I repainted. The flashlight mounted on the AK started out as a chrome replica that I repainted to look aged.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Fantastic cosplay, always nice to see people making their own stuff.

Also, I'm very sorry that your post was not displaying until now. We have an automated moderating thingy working behind the scenes that makes a habit of hiding posts from users with a smaller post count or something, making them invisible until someone with moderating permissions finds them and approves them. It's a really shitty system, but we can't really do much about it since the owner of the website is absent 90% of the time.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Indeed. This is top-notch. Everything looks as if it was the real thing or some really expensive props for a film. Nice job m8 :thumb:

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

WOW! That helmet is just amazing! Kudos, man!
    At first, I wondered how in the world you could've made that, and eventually thought that you had cut off the lower part of an M10 gas mask, stretched it out and then somehow attacked it to a ski-mask and then somehow attached that to a helmet. That would've been genius :D

5. Thelastknown

Thelastknown Well-Known Member

Looks incredible!
    Nice job!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk

6. Zachg56

Zachg56 New Member

First off...I hate you, you beat me to making a superbly done Polis Ranger XD (I've just finished mine, had to commission someone for the helmet cause I don't have a 3D printer)

Second, How did you do the shoulder pads in terms of keeping them up? Do you have them attached to the vest itself?

Third, for being self-made, I'm impressed with the vest. I've actually taken a different route for mine in that I've looked for the actual gear itself to use (took me a few months of looking just to find the actual vest that's used), but from what I can tell, yours is pretty much spot on.

#6 Zachg56, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  7. jeepsoup

jeepsoup New Member

No worries. Thanks for approving the post!

I've seen a replica that was made using a process similar to what you described!

Luckily, someone posted the in-game model to the 405th forum. I used that as a base & totally rebuilt it in higher poly count using Autodesk Max 2009.

I'm impressed you found the actual vest used. I know a lot of the stuff in the game is real world, but I could never find that exact vest. The good thing about making mine vs. buying original is that my shoulder pads are a perfect match! And I can make the matching ammo pouches if I ever decide to.

Regarding the shoulder pads, they're attached with shock cord & velcro. The uniform I'm wearing underneath is basically the military ACU pattern uniform in black. It's made by Rothco. I put velcro on the back side of the shoulder pads & that attaches to the velcro patches on the sleeves. I use shock cord (stretchy para cord) for the top strap on the shoulder pads. The shock cord goes under the opposite armpit to make it look correct. So, left shoulder pad strap goes around body underneath the right armpit.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Glad y'all like it!

I did a costume build post about the Metro 2033 costume on my Blog. Sadly it won't let me post a URL until I have 15 posts. So lets try this:

My blog is:
    blog (dot) hardscrabblefarm (dot) com

(right now) It's the 6th post down the page.

#7 jeepsoup, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2016
  8. Skaara Dreadlocks

My god, that is just amazing! :eek:

9. Zachg56

Zachg56 New Member

Kora 1-M Armor is the vest, if I remember correctly that is.
    As for the shoulder pads...that's an interesting route.
    FOr the uniform? Why no Gorka or Noch 91M? XD

10. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looks awesome great job ! Im still working on my ranger helmet i have all the card sone just need the bondo and such on it , awesome picture!!

11. Zachg56

Zachg56 New Member

Hey Jeep, would it be possible to commission you fir a helmet?