Random Music Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Potarto, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Always.

Oh wait, it plays my favorites for you guys too? Shit lol. I think that's just supposed to be the overused, stereotypical hip hop/club air horn sample.
    [youtube]1SVe1D7er-U[/youtube]

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

:laugh: I didn't hate the anthem remix, I thought it was funny; and I guess it does play your favorites, one right after the other. I had just finished listening to your mix and was about to comment on it here on the forum when all of a sudden, an orchestra of butt-clutching men farting out the national anthem started playing in the background -since I had left the tab open to your soundcloud page.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I just listened to that whilst picturing what you wrote... fuck's sake. :lol:

4. Potarto

I've got something sorta going with this, but perfectly syncing up the original track and my supplementary stuff is a fucking pain. The whole thing is almost a perfect tempo, but it's inconsistent just enough so that it doesn't quite perfectly fit any tempo perfectly, and it's annoying the hell out of me.

Edit: Fixed it. The one short pause near the beginning was 2% too long and it was throwing everything off.

#84 Potarto, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Good stuff. :p

Doesn't this just inspire you to want to become a hobo, even more? :D
    [YOUTUBE]?v=FYCv7wLcCbg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]?v=m-Hwx_02QkE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]?v=QNCM8IjtQ-o[/YOUTUBE]

^I decided to go with some slower stuff today.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I really liked that film, it was so stupidly brilliant.

7. Potarto

Couldn't figure out anything entirely unique to compose, so I just overlaid some stuff over the track, trying to spice things up without changing the style too much. Later part turned out kinda nice at least.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry I couldn't do more, was fun getting some more practice though. Feel free to throw anything else at me though if you'd like to see me work some more mediocre magic, I can always use some inspiration.

Also I feel like I need to see Hobo with a Shotgun at some point, I remember a kid in my AP Comp class who was obsessed with the damn film.

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I'm glad you liked it; it's a fun movie to watch. The Plague was awesome!! :D

I have to say though, when I first watched the film, I was expecting something totally different and wasn't all that into the movie how I am today. When I first leaned about the film, it had been nearly six months before the time I bought the movie and watched it. As you could imagine, during that six-month period and having been a big hobo fan back then the way I am today, I created a lot of imaginary movie content in my head on how the movie might be; so by the time I watched it, there was already a foundation set of what I thought was a masterpiece that the movie didn’t live up to. Not until two weeks later, when I invited my best friend over to watch it with me, did the movie surpass my vision and became one of my all time favorites in an instant –his too. I don’t know why, it just did. Ever since then, whenever we go over to one of our houses, we pop in the movie into the player and watch it.

We liked it so much, that we would often quote the movie in school and even submitted a 15-minute short film based off the movie to our teacher for one of our assigned projects. :p

It’s inspired by the 70s through early 80s exploitation films. Expect some over the top violence.

I still liked it :). I think not really having changed up the track from the original worked. It’s not over complicated and it could be used for the Homeworld menu without messing up the ambiance. Though, I think if you had mixed up the song completely, you would have done a good job of it and not half-assed it like a lot of people would do, ruining it completely.

#88 NuclearWastE3, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  9. You did great, thank you. I've been trying to commission musicians to remake it for years actually.

Since Gearbox doesn't have the rights to the spin-off, most likely there will never be a HD remake of that game.

It was released in 2001, so naturally the in-game music has really crappy quality (88 Kbps bitrate) and the official OST was never released. It's soundtrack needs an updated version and in my opinion it is a much better game than the other two overall, despite balancing problems and other issues. Creepy horror RTS games with decent writing and amazing voice acting are rare.

Feel free to try working on it again someday. That, as well as intro and track №42.

[YOUTUBE]f3SOaUvoakI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]C8h0Ll-qb6Q[/YOUTUBE]
    EDIT №1: Actually here is a link to the entire OST: http://homeworld.rusfolder.net/29785877

Check out tracks №20 through №25 And №37.

EDIT №2:

There is a full OST for an obscure RF made space sim game that nobody cares to send copyright notices for on my channel, so you can play around with it if you want.

Sample:

[YOUTUBE]8G0CDAAp32M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NK2KTE1pByo[/YOUTUBE]
    Link to the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL04D16BE0BC017BB9

#89 Komodo Saurian, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  10. Potarto

I was a fan when I was younger, kinda lost interest when I got into my edgy Slipknot phase. Glad to see he's still doing well for himself.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Same here, I used to really love some of his earlier stuff but I haven't followed anything to do with him in a few years now, so thanks Komo for bringing this up. :)

Although I've never personally been into Slipknot, I think I know just which phase you mean. I went through it when I was a fair bit younger than most of my friends (between 7-10 years old) because I used to hang out with many older kids at my Polish school. Then when I had gotten past this and my friends at my English school started "discovering" all these bands when we were 11-14 years old, I remember being full of snobbish pride at having "discovered" and already abandoned these bands earlier. Very silly sentiments, but I still remember those times a bit fondly.

---

Here's some Polish rap:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=nXkxd6mtX9g[/YOUTUBE]

12. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm into Martial Industrial:
    [YOUTUBE]whaVAURi6Oo[/YOUTUBE]

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Not bad, but I preferred some of the other industrial stuff you showed me once.

14. Obscure game OST time:

[YOUTUBE]G7VxMvfIH10[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MCtVgJWLVns[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8CxZU28MqXg[/YOUTUBE]

15. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

16. This one is extremely good.

---------

Three more tracks:

[YOUTUBE]mCuB3o_rBe0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_zKxDg_gsxw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]o2YcKWzyoAw[/YOUTUBE]

17. Potarto

[youtube]UFwZxU6VUNs[/youtube]
    Been playing the Destiny Beta, absolutely in love with the music.

18. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ah nice that you liked it. :)
    ..and I hope there are more peole here that like it.^^

Well my plan was to post more songs from Laibach, but because there are quite a lot of different songs from them and I'm not sure if you like them I would recommend that you search for yourself if you want :)

I still post one song that I like (From the musical side and politician side)

An anthem for Snowden and other withleblower probably:

[YOUTUBE]c6Mx2mxpaCY[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks Murica for spying your "friends".:eek:hwell:

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The first one isn't my type, but the rest is very good.

Quite nice indeed, though it better be considering how much money is going into it. :p

Interesting stuff.