Random Music Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Potarto, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

I like that Witcher 2 music.

I never played Opposing Force either, but I know that Black Mesa: Source has some extremely nice music.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0kgj1cE20A&index=1&list=PL5372E0F5F9868993

I especially like Blast Pit 2, Blast Pit 3, Forget About Freeman, Questionable Ethics 1, Surface Tension 2, Theme Song, and We've Got Hostiles.
    Sometimes I just sit and listen to the music, and do nothing else than just digging it. Just listening to the music has made me want to replay the whole game, and I didn't even like it that much. The music is just so epic that I have to experience it in the game. Absolutely great playlist, you should listen to it, or at least the songs I mentioned!

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That music from Black Mesa: Source is nice indeed. :)

3. [Click me]

Not quite.

[YOUTUBE]a12e3iKzqlw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]y6iHYTjEyKU[/YOUTUBE]

4. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

To our last day of public school celebration I met a couple of other guys who also wanted to join the military. One of them showed me this song by a soldier who was asked to write a farewell letter to his family if he died. He decided to write a song instead.
    [YOUTUBE]3RFMrjg70VU[/YOUTUBE]

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Interesting, thanks for the link. :)

My memory has fooled me then.

I understand the appeal of being in the military and all (I used to really want to join), but as I've matured I just find it more & more baffling how anyone would want to join after really and properly weighing up the positive and negatives. Decades ago people would do anything to avoid being conscripted, to stay with their families, to live their own lives the way they wanted to. Now that this barrier is disappearing or is already gone in most countries, we have generations of youths raised on unrealistic FPS games flocking in to risk their lives for a bunch of pricks in suits.

There are many other ways of experiencing camaraderie and real teamwork without having to shoot at fellow human beings or risking your own life, and I admit that shooting a gun and military-esque stuff is fun... but that's exactly why we have shooting ranges, paintball and other thins like that. And if you really want the danger aspect, then you have that in paintball as well - take your mask off, someone shoots in the eye and you're dead. That's what the masks are for, to protect you.

I don't see joining the military out of will as hounourable - I actually think it's foolish and a disgrace to those who really did have to (and still do) give their lives in pointless wars all around the world, not because they have to but because they were forced to do so. All it takes to stop war is for the soldiers on all sides to lay down their arms. In WWI and WWII, most men didn't want to fight and felt forced to do so. Many of the lads fighting in Vietnam went because they had almost no other ways of earning money, assuming they weren't forcefully conscripted (which was often the case with most working class and coloured individuals). Now we have so many people joining the military out of their own choice. It's a sorry state of affairs to say the least.

As for the song itself, it's alright and I see the somewhat positive message, but it's hard to treat it entirely seriously considering the circumstances under which it was made.

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

@Bamul: That was nicely said.

7. [Source]

[YOUTUBE]MNlZQWuHPdQ[/YOUTUBE]

8. Contagion got a new menu theme some time ago.

[YOUTUBE]-X7ZcnzXhV0[/YOUTUBE]

9. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Well 35 hours this time in persona 3, "why would you do such a thing"- Random user for the fun of it

anyway while i am on the subject heres some of the best music tracks

Battle theme "mass destruction"

[YOUTUBE]0RKF6gqCXiM[/YOUTUBE]

Its so catchy, if it wasnt for that i honestly think the grinding would have got to me :(

Main theme song-credit song "i will burn my (Dead?) Dread"

[YOUTUBE]RbsAyGQ0k_U[/YOUTUBE]

Main item shop theme "Paulownia theme"

[YOUTUBE]b6-ZOYuTANU[/YOUTUBE]

10. It was obvious you are a fan when you got yourself Junpei's avatar.

11. TotalAaron

you know my evil scheme hehehe

12. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

[YOUTUBE]VPhPAzMqbAQ[/YOUTUBE]

13. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I'm not really into this song that I'm about to post, it's just something that my friend and I have been wondering about for around three years and we've finally decided to look it up to see what it really says.
    Several years back, a car commercial aired on television showing a ninja girl escaping some people, while driving away in a Honda car. Anyway, in the background, there was a song playing and the lyrics sounded like "I'm a ninja, I'm a horny ninja...." Weird huh? I know. Here's the commercial:

[YOUTUBE]?v=bL7Z1Mrl25o[/YOUTUBE]

And here's the actual song:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=MUu9SkBQcXw[/YOUTUBE]

"Apparently" they are singing "I'm a hoodie ninja;" but if you ask me, it still sound like horny ninja.

14. TotalAaron

Holy crap this is good (must resist urge to spend electricity bill money on tickets)

Dont know how i found these girls but hey its a hell of a mix

[YOUTUBE]WIKqgE4BwAY[/YOUTUBE]

15. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I don't feel quite up to typing up comments to everything, but I've still been listening to and enjoying a lot of stuff posted here.

I've also sunk a good majority of my free time in the last two days into turning an old music project into something worthwhile for an outro for an upcoming vid (trying to make my own shit so I don't potentially have to deal with copyright issues down the line).

Anyways, two days straight of mixing, mastering, and tweaking the ever loving Bejesus out of a 50-second clip (fuck, I bet this part would sound so much better if I tweaked this one value a tiny bit!), I'm finally done and have probably one of my favorite pieces I've put together in a while.

[​IMG]
    (since I can't embed Soundcloud links here, and uploading a Youtube video of a song I'm making for a Youtube video would be kinda redundant)

Give it a listen with some good headphones or speakers or something. I did this for you.
    [​IMG]
    At least an hour was spent figuring out what half of these knobs do, and I still don't know what half of them even mean.

16. :thumb:

I dare you to remix this now.

[YOUTUBE]n1E8IpVJfKk[/YOUTUBE]

17. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Well shit, I guess it's on now. Drum beat and ambiance don't make for a flexible backdrop, but I'll definitely take it and see what I can try and throw together when I get the chance.

#78 Potarto, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's good stuff, Potarto. Would fit an outro nicely.

19. NuclearWastE3

Regular

*gasp* For me? :hug:
    That was pretty cool. I agree with Bamul. It would fit in perfectly as a... uh... oh yea, an outro. While I was listening to it, I was picturing scenes from games and worked it into a trailer in my head with you music.

BTW, Captain Lunar's version of the U.S. National Anthem sounds like a group of men clutching their butts, each applying a different amount of strength to orchestrate the right note, and farting.