Races and Factions

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Character Creation' started by HarleyQuinn, Mar 20, 2014.

1. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator

2. BlommasT

BlommasT New Member

Thanks. I still don't know which faction and race I should pick :/.
    On the RU server I just picked randomly, as I didn't know about the different features.
    I might just pick a race and faction that a streamer uses, so I know how the race/faction is like.

3. Starist

Starist Member

I'm quite happy to see all the different types of races available. However, this also gives me a big issue with not knowing what race to pick... They're all adorable in their own way. I believe I'm leaning more towards Harani and Firran. They're quite unique from other MMORPGs I've played.

4. dugu

dugu Member

Firran here for me. I have been an elf on just about every other game I have messed around with, at this point I need to retire those ears and get a different set.

5. Swannaz

Swannaz New Member

Just by looking at the pictures and skimming over the text I'm tied between being a Nuian and a Harani. One thing I have to say though is that the example characters look really cool and detailed. I also like the uniqueness of the classes compared to the typical tank, melee etc (you guys know what I mean). I'm not totally sure yet but is there options to have more than one character like in other MMO's? If there are I'm probably going to wind up having one of each because they all look pretty good.

6. LindaKay

LindaKay Member

Thanks for sharing! It's hard to pick with great options like that. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else is going to pick.

7. dugu

dugu Member

I guess I am not alone in always playing the same thing, but you know it is funny? No matter what new game comes out, I still lean heavy to certain sides, and I always have at least one that is familiar to me.

8. LindaKay

LindaKay Member

I mean, playing the familiar makes sense in a way. It's easier to figure out what is going on. Plus, everyone wants to win, and it's obviously easier to win when you know what you're doing. ;)

9. Ed1fan

Ed1fan Member

I have played familiars before but sometimes it is really a toss up. One game might roll one way with a character you are used while the next game completly changes it up. This time around I am just going to pick something totally new, then fool with the familiars later.

10. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

So, I am stuck between the portal casters and the ladder climbers. I love the idea of casting portals but, I also like the idea of being able to climb ladders at top speed. Not to mention, I just like the way they both look!

11. askanison

askanison Well-Known Member

I like the Firran's race. Cat people rock. The only character I ever played in Skyrim was a big old cat. Plus claws! Hopefully you can use your claws and a weapon during battles for a good two handed attack strategy.

12. Alfren

Alfren Member

The Firran looks awesome, and their perks seem fun as well.
    I mean, you can transform into a cat. How cool is that!
    Firran also seem to have the coolest mount.

13. kaineparker

kaineparker Active Member

I always play Elves. I don't know why. Maybe it's the pointy ears. They're just so agile and awesome.

14. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Awesome, thanks. I just started really playing ArcheAge today and this helped me out in choosing. I eventually decided upon the Nuian, as it just seems a lot more powerful :)