Questions Thread with 4A and Deep Silver!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Professor Pew, Mar 1, 2013.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Not a question but could you give deep silver a thankyou from me for picking up LL thanks

2. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Will there be other dlc other than ranger mode? I'm sure everyone agrees with me when I say metro isn't a game that can have any dlc really.

Is the multiplayer being developed or is it being developed now?

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

this may be a little to early to ask but will the game ship with a one use only code EG. XCOM elite soldier or mass effect 2 cerbures pack for its ranger mode or is that on the disk itself?

4. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Someone has probably asked something similar but...

When you search bodies for ammo, etc. Will you pick up everything at once or do you still have to pick up each item individually?

Will it be harder to notice ammo on enemies if you're playing in ranger mode for example no icon to tell me I can pick it up and nothing stands out on the corpse?

I actually enjoyed searching each corpse for everything I could get my hands on without the game making items glow as if they're covered in cyalume.

5. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Will the soundtrack be produced by Alexey Omelchuk and Geogogiy Beloglazov again?

6. Mikhail Porfiryevich

Mikhail Porfiryevich Active Member

Hello friends at 4A! A quick question: When reloading his weapons (especially rifles), will Artyom still use the charging handle on his rifle even when there's still a bullet in the chamber? I.e when exchanging a magazine with 14 bullets left for a fresh one, there should not be a need to use the charging handle (as far as I know, I'm not a gun expert) as this would "waste" one bullet because there's still a bullet loaded in the gun. Same goes for revolvers, it's not really that realistic to throw away 5 perfectly fine bullets just to reload the gun (if you know what I mean?).

I understand that changing the reload mechanism for revolvers would take a bit of time, but I can't imagine changing/altering the reload mechanism for rifles would be that hard. Insert some code and cut the animation just before Artyom reaches for the handle? This is just speculation though, I really don't know much about making video game.

I hope you understood what I meant, English is not my first language. Thank you for making this amazing game, I can't wait! :)

7. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I asked that same question to Joe along time ago and he said something like "really?, I'll ask the devs about it". But I never heard anything after that...

8. Mikhail Porfiryevich

Mikhail Porfiryevich Active Member

Aha I see. I'm only asking because in the gameplay videos I've seen Artyom uses charging handle no matter what. I'm also curious if any of you guys know if Artyom counts the bullets left in his magazine (saw this once in a gameplay video) only when he picks up the weapon for the first time (special animation like the double barreled shotgun in a different gameplay video) or if this is something player can do whenever? Would be really helpful on Ranger hardcore I think.

One more thing, are discussion like I'm doing now allowed in this thread or should I ask somewhere else? :)

9. Remer

Remer Active Member

Q1: I noticed 4A has decided to change the look of the mutants a little. They look great, but why not stick with the old ones for the sake of continuity?

Q2: Will a lot of old voice actors be returning? I actually enjoyed the Russian accents in the previous game quite a bit.

Q3: Is every human-enemy level able to be completed by non-lethal means? (As opposed to 2033 in which only some were able to be completed by avoiding everyone. This does not include scripted events)

Q4: How important is immersion to 4A and how do you balance player immersion with telling a tightly-scripted story effectively?

10. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

q1 2 and 3 have already been answered, :p
    1: will we ever see the famed kremlins truths?

11. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

2 very important questions
    1: WILL there be any turtle mutants? (Please allah, please)
    2: will there be a spitfire at all? (even if we can't fly it just see one in d6)

12. Rilence

Rilence Active Member

According to Patton Oswalt's wiki he's one of the voice actors in this game. Does he play a major role? :p

13. lebbers

lebbers Well-Known Member

I've also seen mention of Nolan North and Lance Henriksen attached to M:LL. As these are all NA-born actors, in what capacity will they be appearing in M:LL? Will American survivors make an appearance or..?

14. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Very small question, will you be able to holster your weapon?

15. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Will Artyom still talk in between missions/chapters?

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Will there be more new voice actors or returning ones?

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

When Metro:2033 was released, the Heavy Automatic Shotgun was a pre-order bonus, but yet it still appeared later in the game (Sparta Base) despite not pre-ordering the game.
    When Pre-ordering Last Light, you will be able to have the bonus-weapon(s) from the start of the game when playing Ranger Mode, but not when playing any other difficulties.
    When not pre-ordering Last Light, you will eventually receive the Ranger Mode DLC anyway.
    In regard of this information, my questions are:

1: Will we get access to the pre-order bonus weapon(s) later in the game even though not pre-ordering the game, just like in Metro:2033? If so, will they be accessible upon release, or will they be added later as a DLC?
    2: Will the non-pre-order Ranger Mode DLC be different from the pre-ordered Ranger Mode, regarding wether you get the bonus-weapons from the start or not?
    3: When will un-pre-ordered copies receive the Ranger Mode DLC?

18. TheJollyRedRanger

TheJollyRedRanger Well-Known Member

Are there any plans to work with the Wiki makers aka Komodo to bring High quality weapon views in 3d and in game and weapon stats for general public to view on wiki?

19. seeker

seeker Member

can this become a open world game? maybe when your done the game, can there be the ability to explore the tunnels, or the surface? that would be amazing.

20. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

When will copies be going out to reviewers such as IGN, Eurogamer, Gaming forums who review video games etc?