Questions Thread with 4A and Deep Silver!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Professor Pew, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Similar to what you have seen in the past, post your questions about the game here!

Once a week, I will forward the questions to those best positioned to answer them. Game design? What inspired the art style? Ask away.

I'll post the answers in a separate thread, provided the dev team has had time to answer them.

Please keep this thread contained to questions only, and any questions about aspects that I think will spoil the story or the experience won't be answered. No spoilers!

Sometimes we won't be disclosing information until "later" or in a trailer, so please be patient and keep in mind some things will be answered in another way :)

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Copypaste from the previous thread then.

Q1: In a recent Game Reactor TV interview I noticed intrusive hitmarkers popping up on the HUD. These can be switched off, yes?

Q2: Can the size of HUD icons be adjusted as well?

Q3: What are the chances of Metro: Last Light (or even Metro 2033) getting a gamer-friendly DRM-free release on GoodOldGames.com?

3. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

You want questions well you asked for it.:D

1. Joe (THQ) mentioned that 4A are working on making the journal more interactive, can you share what has changed? This was an answer to the question below:

2. A pet peeve of mine is that in 2033 whilst my xbox controller was plugged in it would over ride my keyboard and mouse controls on the PC. In order to use my keyboard and mouse I had to unplug the controller from the usb port. Will this be addressed in Last Light?

3. Now that multiplayer has been put on hold from LL and will "probably" be released at a later date, what will the LL single player campaign offer in terms of replay value?

My concern is that if it's a 8 hour campaign that after a few playtroughs in the various difficulty modes that there will be no reason to play the game again.

4. Will LL have Windows 8 support?

5. @Pew Is there any chance that you (or if you know the THQ/DS marketing team will) show the reveal trailer that was shown at the "HMV" Golden Joystick Awards?

I missed the show otherwise I would have recorded it from the live stream.

6. @Pew Can you make sure that Journalists (IGN) get the name of the game right?

32 seconds in under Huw's name they call the game Metro Last Night.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VUN7B4q5_Rc#!

7. How closely are you working with NVIDIA and AMD to ensure that drivers will be utalising our hardware properly (including xfire and sli profiles) from day 1 of release?

8. Will Metro Last Light support Logitech G series gaming boards which allow Apps to show information about the game on the gameboard's LCD.

For example for LL it may show:
    1. Current Mission
    2. Number of minutes left in filter
    3. Number of Filters etc

9. In the Genesis trailer at 1:31-1:33 the female character's hand is clipping into the gun.

Will these bugs be fixed for the final release?

[​IMG]

10. Will guns sway whilst Arytom is running, walking or jumping? In 2033 he had the same posture which for a modern game is very odd.

I have loads more but 10 is a nice number :pop2:

4. SagaZelda

SagaZelda Well-Known Member

Q1: Will we have some DLC? Will we have multiplayer modes in format of DLC?

Q2: Will we see more exploration than Metro 2033 or less?

Q3: Q3: Will we find little details like those flash lights (that modify the history) when you touch a guitar, speak with someone,take a postal or cassete or enter in a misterious room like Metro 2033?

Thank you!!

#4 SagaZelda, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

In the original trialer Artyom would reach over and turn off lights. Will this still be a feature on max or an optional setting?

6. SagaZelda

SagaZelda Well-Known Member

If we didn't play to Metro 2033 (or read the book), can we follow the Last Light history? (I played Metro 2033, of course :p )

7. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Thing is with any sequel you kinda have to play the original game before you play the second. That's why THQ gave away Metro 2033 for PC for free one day so people play the original and then they buy the second. Like how you can't really play ME2 or ME3 without playing the games before it.

8. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

1) What are Deep Silver's current plans to making more people know about Last Light and turning them into Hardcore Fans?

9. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

-What are Deepsilver's plans for an eventual multiplayer?
    -What is Deepsilver's policies regarding DLCs? Do we have to expect updates and new content releasing after the launch?
    -Is there an editor mode?
    -Is there any percentage of free-roaming to the game?
    -Are there any side missions?
    -Will you ever release a Collector's Edition?

10. Chewy

Chewy New Member

How do RPG elements present themselves in LL?

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Good choice. :) I will copy & paste some of my questions from the previous thread below:

1) Will female characters play more important roles in the story of the game? In Metro 2033, most female NPCs were seen looking after children, preparing food or just doing any other ordinary every-day actions like most other non-playable characters. It would be really nice to see some female characters carrying weapons as guards on different stations; even better: a female companion who can fight and plays a significant part in the plot of Last Light. If any of these has been put in the game (or is going to be included at a later stage in development), then I would really like to know. I don't want any spoilers, so I will gladly accept a simple "yes" or "no".

2) Will the hitmarkers & damage indicators be removed?

3) Will Metro: Last Light allow players to change the field of view settings in the options menu of the game? As you know, Metro 2033 had a quite small FOV (it looked good on the console version, but did not suit the PC version where the player sits closer to the screen). Although it is possible to quite easily change the FOV through the game's .ini settings, this does not always work & look as well as it could. Besides, many people were unaware that the FOV of the game could be changed. Including this as an option in the game's menu would be great.

4) Will the HUD be changed and/or customizeable? Will there be an option to completely remove it, like in Metro 2033?

5) Will the player be able to purchase and/or find different gas masks in Last Light? With different visors that affect the first person perspective accordingly, different extents of durability etc.

6) Will we see more levels in Last Light that allow the amazing open-ended gameplay of the "Frontline" mission in Metro: 2033? This was something that appealed to many players (including myself) in the original game. I'm aware that, in a story-heavy series like Metro, some sections must be very linear in order to push the narrative along in the right direction - but many people would love to see more non-linear, larger and open-ended sections of gameplay like in Frontline.

7) Will the UI be modified to suit the setting of the game?

8) Will the icons of the UI for different actions be modified to be smaller and less "in-your-face", making them more suitable for modern screen resolutions?

9) Will the new digital watch of Metro: Last Light be available as an option in one of the in-game shops, to be purchased for bullets, or will we start the game already with it as part of Artyom's advanced ranger equipment?

10) Will the player be allowed more freedom in the graphics options of Metro: Last Light than there was in Metro: 2033? Such as being able to turn off individual settings without having to change everything to a lower set of graphics settings? Look at the visual "options" in the launcher of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings to see what I mean exactly.

11) Will there be a V-Sync for the PC version of Metro: Last Light? There was some very slight screen-tearing in Metro 2033 on the PC and it would be awesome if that minor annoyance could be corrected in the sequel.

12) As you may know, the PlayStation 3 is capable of better graphics than the Xbox 360 (but still quite low when compared to high-end computers) but it is harder to develop games for Sony's console. Assuming you have the experience, development time and additional resources required, perhaps the PS3 version of Metro: Last Light could be developed further to the extent of the console's own hardware capabilities, as opposed to that of the Xbox 360 (which is how most multi-platform games are made). Also, the huge size of the Blu-ray format allows for a lot more higher-resolution textures than what we can achieve on Microsoft's console, as was seen in God of War III or the PS3 version of BioShock. So, my question is this: will you take your time with the PS3 version to make it as good as you can and with the best graphics available on Sony's console, or will it be just a simple port with the graphics of an Xbox 360 title?

13) Will the player be able to see Artyom's feet when looking down at the ground from the first-person perspective? I know that this is something you have been asked by an editor of IGN before and the answer was "no" back then, but have you added it since then or are you planning to?

14) Will the animation for Artyom changing his filters be redone to look more realistic?

12. Oh, yeah... Questions...

Will Russian Federation get shafted again with a region-locked russian-only version?

13. Remer

Remer Active Member

I know if you were the kind of company to do the things I mention in my questions, you wouldn't answer them honestly but I'll ask anyway. Please don't take offense, they are honest questions and I still trust you guys are handling the whole situation well.

Q1 - Did you delay the launch of Last Light a couple months solely so that you could spend more time marketing it even though it may have been finished?

Q2 - Do you plan to exploit the Metro IP in the future? (ex. Call of Duty franchise)

Q3 - Does 4A plan to do any non Metro-related projects/IP's in the future? I'd love to see them do their own thing instead of beating this awesome series to death.

That being said, I have faith in you guys. And Pew, I like your style.

14. Yeahbrah

Yeahbrah New Member

Long time lurker / metro fan.

I ask one thing.
    Will we on steam have a global release date?

It's really annoying to be in Australia waiting 2 days when American steam players are already playing a game, for example dead island. It's silly, and all it does is annoy other digital users and upset them. So please can we have a global release date / time. There's no reason not to have it on a digital distribution service.

15. jsto779

jsto779 Member

My question, and maybe it was answered before but I'm raging trying to do ranger hardcore playthrough, can you aim down the sights with shotguns. I'm losing my mind fighting through the khan chapter. I can't aim my shotgun for crap.

16. Криотч

Криотч New Member

Will the US version have the option for Russian language settings for voice like in Metro 2033? And how about Russian language subtitles this time too?

17. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Will the game benefit from a Hyperthread processor like the i7 3770K? Games like Crysis 3 with HT turned on does, so was wondering if Last Light will be the same.

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

1 Will there be any support for amd3d? (not just Nvdia)

19. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I would also like to know the answer to this since I have that CPU.

Pew is there anyway you could give some hardware info on the next update? Things like this would be very useful for us PC players.

20. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Will Origin India have the game for download as it is not on their store, but Origin UK/US seem to have it available?