[PvP] Angel's Delight - Far Shiverpeaks

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: Guild Recruitment' started by Bizarius, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Bizarius

Bizarius New Member

Hi everybody! I am the guild leader of Angel's Delight. AD, is an international semi-hardcore PvP oriented guild. We are currently recruiting, so I'd like to use this opportunity to tell you about my guild.

The guild's homebase is the Far Shiverpeaks server. We have decided to focus on PvP and more in particular world vs. world and tournaments. Our member count is currently at about 45 members, with about 25 of them being very active.

Becoming a member of Angel's Delight comes with some cool perks:

Website
    A custom built website tailored not only for the general public, but mainly to the needs of our guild members. Whatever our guild members would like to see added to the guild website, is what I put on my priority list of things to integrate. It might not seem like much right now, but the website is actually a powerful Java web application. This means that the sky is the limit to what we can do with the website. Only a few days before posting this, I spent a night adding forums to the website. Which brings us to the next perk of becoming a guild member:

Forum
    You'll get access to our guild forums! We use the forums mainly for some friendly chatter, for communicating guild events and announcements, sharing screenshots and all the other shenanigans you'd expect to be in there. As with the guild website, the forums will grow together with our needs. That's why the forums are currently kept small. As the existing boards become more busy, we will be adding more.

Voice chat
    Angel's Delight currently has a 50 slot Mumble server. We have chosen Mumble because it's an open-source, high quality product. It's lightweight and provides a great deal of customization and control. Once we need more than 50 slots, we'll just upgrade.

Our guild members are required to join Mumble whenever they can, and especially when we are PvP'ing together. Ofcourse there are also some channels for those who like to duke it out in dungeons, are doing event together or are just there to have a nice chat. For those unfamiliar with voice chat we offer technical support to get the software up and running, no man is left behind!

Gear
    If you have joined our guild before having a level 80 character, you will receive at least a full set of level 80 rare gear (yellow), with the stats of your choice, upon hitting 80. Depending on the guild income, the quality of the gear you receive might even become higher.

We also will help you getting your exotic gear together to some extend, by running an occasional exploration mode dungeon with you.

Guild upgrades
    We have already unlocked the small guild bank, the workshop and both the guild weaponsmith and armorer. As a PvP focused guild, a lot of our guild upgrades will now go into PvP boosts. But we will also continue helping our leveling players by getting a few useful PvE boosts as well.

Involvement
    We have a nice group of guild members who thus far have been able to create a great atmosphere by playing together. We actually play together and we try to give you the feeling that being a member of our guild has a meaning. Nothing is more boring then being in a 100 player guild, with only 5 people online during the evenings. Our guild chat is lively.

Apart from that, we try to organize fun guild events like karma farming groups, exploration groups and other random events. We have held a diving competition in Lion's Arch for example. Let's say the rocks beneath the jumping platform haven't been forgiving.

Organized PvP
    This is actually the most important perk! Being a member of Angel's Delight, will mean that you'll get to participate in an organized, tactical world vs. world environment. Although following the giant zerg ball can be great fun, nothing is more satisfying than grouping up with your guild members and executing some tactical strikes on enemy vantage points. By doing this, we can really influence how much of the world we actually control!

Sounds interesting?
    We are currently looking for players with at least one character that is above level 50. We are recruiting all classes. The three biggest things we require of you are:
    • A basic understanding of the English language
    • Your presence on Mumble
    • Your love for PvP

There are several ways of getting in contact with us:
    • Send me a PM on these forums with a short introduction of yourself and the message that you are interested in joining.
    • Send me a PM in-game. I'm online almost every evening and during the weekend. (Bizarius.3169)

Whatever route you choose, if you seem like a cool person, we'll drag you onto our Mumble server and have a short chat with you before we decide if we'd like to have you on board. We haven't found any software yet to stab someone over the internet, so don't be afraid and come chat it up with us!

2. Bizarius

Bizarius New Member

Shameless bump