ps3 no sound issue

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by jamestheking, Feb 11, 2014.

1. jamestheking

jamestheking New Member

Hey so I just bought the full game and downladed a bunch of dlc for metro last light on my ps3 and after an eon of downloading decided to finally play...except there is no sound. At all. Audio works outside of this game (All other games and xmb make right sounds) but for some reason I have no sound.

Any ideas for a fix please?

I would be able to play without sound but, from a silent five minutes playing, I can tell this game is insanely atmospheric and needs volume.

Thanks

#1 jamestheking, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

So only the DLC has no sound, the rest of the game is fine? Or does the game in its entirety have issues now? If it's the latter, did it work before downloading the DLC?

3. jamestheking

jamestheking New Member

None of the sound works at all. Downloaded it all at the same time, so dunno if its just dlc or what

4. Potarto

Hmm. If you were on PC, there are a lot of various sound settings that we could look over; obviously check both the console and game menus for any sound settings that look out of place. What kind of audio output are you using, and could you try an alternative? Have you tried different levels of the game, such as starting the base game, or different DLC levels from each of the different packs? Is the game on a disc, or is everything downloaded digitally? If you're having internet issues, or the download was interrupted at any point, that might be causing issues, so redownloading might be worth a shot.

If other apps are working normally without any issues, then my best guess would be something wrong with the game file. Do as much messing around with it as you can, otherwise either the disc might be bad or it might require a re-download. Run as many tests as you can and get back to us so that we have some more sufficient info to go off of.

Also, a quick google search does report some various quirkiness with audio glitches on PS3, but nothing in terms of actual solutions.

#4 Potarto, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  5. jamestheking

jamestheking New Member

Redownloading it right now. Download, no disc. Nothing on it was working and all audio settings inside and outside Metro were fine. Thanks for the help dude.

6. Potarto

Sure, let us know if it helps.