Quantcast

[Poll] Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas??

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by cmluepke, Mar 2, 2014.

?

Which did you like more, Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas?

1. Fallout 3

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Fallout New Vegas

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

I love both of them but I decided to go with Fallout 3. I found the quests to be more memorable and I really liked the DLC that it offered too. I wasn't fond of some of the changes they made in Fallout: NV like changing the perk system (having a perk every other level up) and the introduction of DPS. Really hard to choose though!

2. Oddball

Oddball Active Member

I really loved both games, I only think I love New Vegas more because it was a burst of new stuff for the world. FO3 was really great at what it was, but it was much more sparse. While that fits the theme of the game better, I feel like New Vegas really got the stuff together to make the world feel alive with scavengers and survivors.

3. Calamity

Calamity Member

It's a very difficult question. My nostalgia wants to pick Fallout 3 as it was the one I played first and I played it when I was younger and truly got to experience the wonder of the game naturally. While I played New Vegas far later, so I'd grown more critical of games by then. It is a very hard to choose between the two. Though when we look at both games from a critical standpoint and not a personal enjoyment standpoint there is a clear winner. New Vegas has far more depth, a better story, better character, and more. Fallout 3 was crippled by a lackluster ending and unmemorable characters, beyond a few. While New Vegas was littered with great stories. Critically New Vegas is far superior, but that doesn't make New Vegas my personal choice. I played Fallout 3 for far longer than New Vegas and I personally enjoyed 3 more, so that is where I have to cast my vote.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

For me, the answer is Fallout 3. Even though New Vegas is more advanced in terms of mechanics and other stuff, I still prefer the good old feeling of Fallout 3, because I think it nailed the atmosphere, and I really enjoyed the story.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I always liked 3 better then New Vegas. New Vegas seems like a game that had grand concept and idea behind it, but kind of failed in reality. Also, I found out that they were later restricted by console limitations of the time, so.

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I like both games, but I like Fallout 3 since I was able to continue playing even after I beat the story. Granted it only happened after fan outcry and I had to buy DLC just to do it, but I felt it was worth the money. It was a major reason why I never bought New Vegas and it took having my brother buying it as a gift for me to play it. If New Vegas allowed me to play after beating the main story, I would have been happy to buy the game brand new.

7. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

Fallout 3 wins my vote. I like how you could leave the vault and wander in any direction you pleased. Fallout New Vegas may have also been free roam but the placing of creatures and locations caused you to be forced down the same path every play through. New Vegas also felt rather messy in relation to the multiple endings.

8. GenevB

GenevB Well-Known Member Regular

Fallout New Vegas definitely, no discussion, the plot was better and I have a personal interest in the Las Vegas city along with post-apocalyptic scenes.

9. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

The game play in New Vegas felt much better for me, and I also prefer the story of NV to the one in Fallout 3. One thing FO3 did better though was the open world. I felt that it was much more interesting than the bare deserts of NV. Both of them are great games though, and I hope Fallout 4 will get at least close to them in terms of fun.

10. Tanis

Tanis Active Member Regular

New Vegas! I think the storyline had so much more variety beyond Fallout 3's Go Here, Do This main quest. New Vegas was also a bit more optimistic and less desolate, which I appreciated. I enjoyed the wacky DLC and the game just felt like it had more closure toward the end. My only complaint about New Vegas is that it felt a little too similar to Fallout 3, graphics wise.

11. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

I loved Fallout 3, The setting of the Wasteland in itself became a character full of life whilst not having much at the same time. It also helped that I didn't get affected by any of the glitches as well. Although I wish I found out about the subways acting as shortcuts sooner. Up until getting to Galaxy News Radio I went everywhere on the surface world. Fallout New Vegas I wanted to love but I ran in to glitch after glitch after glitch it became to frustrating that I gave up with it in the end.

12. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

I'd go with New Vegas for the superior world building and story. You have more choice on the dialogues, and the way factions work is particularly much better than FO3.

13. IgCho

IgCho Active Member Regular

New Vegas is my vote. It was incredibly rough when it first launched, but after patches it really comes together. I find the story more engaging and the faction content is generally a lot more interesting than Fallout 3. Additionally as someone interested in the lore of the Fallout universe I found New Vegas to be more engaging in that regard as well.

14. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

This is a really, really hard one for me. Fallout 3 had a better story, and better characters, I think. I enjoyed the new features/gameplay mechanics in Fallout: New Vegas much more than FO3's. New Vegas is probably better than FO3, but it just has a much less intriguing story in my opinion. In terms of atmosphere, gameplay, mechanics, it's a million times better. Playing FO:NV and then going back into FO3 is jarring, to say the least.