Quantcast

[Poll] Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas??

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by cmluepke, Mar 2, 2014.

?

Which did you like more, Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas?

1. Fallout 3

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Fallout New Vegas

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. cmluepke

cmluepke Member

Starting a poll inspired by the other thread on this same topic! My vote is for Fallout 3, but I really loved both games.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Both games were great!, but I liked Fallout 3 a little more I had more of an attachment to other characters.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

New Vegas for me. The story is much better, and I liked the classic western feel the game gives you. In my opinion, you really feel like a Desert Ranger in New Vegas.

4. firestarian

firestarian Active Member

I have to say New Vegas because of the upgraded crafting system. I enjoyed being able to make my own medicine and food as well as weapons and armor. I also was delighted with the huge world we were given.

5. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I love elements from both systems, but Fallout 3 gave me the most memorable gaming experience of the two. The mechanics and theme are the same in both, but the stories and extra bits is what set them apart. They are both great games.

6. Psybe

Psybe Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree. I know there's a bit more content in New Vegas and you could say that's the reason to think New Vegas is the better out of the two. Or the fact that it's more accurately connected with the factions and everything with the first few Fallout Games but subjectively, I enjoyed Fallout 3 more.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

NEW VEGAS. Fallout 3 bored the living crap out of me. I'm only glad F03 exists so that New Vegas come come around and be literally the best fallout.

Chris_A likes this.
  8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I think they learned a lot from Fallout 3 and saw were the flaws were, after which they built upon it to make a better game.

9. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Fallout: New Vegas is the best by far. It really shows that it was worked on by the people responsible for the original Fallout games.

10. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

I voted for Fallout 3. I personally felt that Fallout 3 had better and more rewarding quests. I still love New Vegas though. The added features like iron sights and upgradable weapons were really awesome.

11. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I love fallout 3, because its just simple and elgant, i felt the developers tried too hard in New Vegas, so they just kind overwhelmed the players with all these new stuff

12. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

New Vegas was the far superior game with tons of improvements compared to Fallout 3. Plus, the story got pretty loopy in a good way throughout that game. it was overall a better and more challenging Fallout game.

13. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

I loved the story in New Vegas and I like the theme better. The companions I favored more. You can't beat boone!

14. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Well-Known Member Regular

The game play in new vegas is just so much richer. There are so much more guns and characters in new vegas as well. The setting in Fallout 3 was too bland and grey, whereas in New Vegas there are bright, still functioning cities to explore. Plus I loved having Boone as my sidekick.:)

15. Maxx Johnson

Maxx Johnson Member

I really loved Fallout 3. It is probably in my top 5 games of all time. It just captured the post apocalyptic image perfectly. The guns are all fun and there was a lot of things to do, in terms of side quests and exploring hidden areas. I've completed it three times now, and I'm still finding new things in the game.

16. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Both of them are great but I like New Vegas more than 3. New Vegas has more characters and guns too unlike Fallout 3.

17. Fallout 3 was a great game don't get me wrong. but Fallout New Vegas built upon everything that was was wrong with Fallout 3 ( which admittedly, wasn't much). The inclusion of ADS ( Aim-Down-Sights) with weapons improved the combat system so much and there was a lot more quests to do and locations to discover than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 had the better storyline but New Vegas was superior in every single way. Now we just need to wait a couple hundred years for Fallout 4.

18. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

Fallout 3 for me, its not that I didn't like New Vegas or even that I think 3 was a better game, I just played 3 a lot more and so have better memories of it than I do of New Vegas. Plus the fact that I grew up in the DC area and seeing a bunch of places that I recognized was kind of cool.

19. Rado.ko

Rado.ko Member

Fallout 3 was great, they really managed to capture the post - apocalyptic world setting. Everything felt desperate and a bit sad. Companions were likeable, the quests were absolutely great and the main story was interesting enough. The atmosphere was a bit darker then the one in New Vegas and some areas were actually creepy. Not bad for a game that's not striving to be a horror game. I liked the DLC's alot and the game was overall great. But I liked New Vegas more. The western setting got me hooked from the beginning, I just like it. Aiming down the sights was a great addition to the game and I could really feel it lacking in Fallout 3. The world was bigger, but the creepy moments were not as good as those in the previous game. Main story was great, I liked the factions and the impact of your decisions. The crafting system was done well and it made for a better gaming experience. The DLC's were all great, I definetely enjoyed them all. More content, improved mechanics, bigger world - great game. I spent many hours playing both of them, but I liked New Vegas more.

20. Aladar

Aladar Well-Known Member

You know.. I can't choose. I love them both. I know a lot of people like NV over F3 for some reason, but I have had so much fun with both of them that I can't just pick one. I remember being sceptical about Fallout 3, with new dev, first person and all, but I ended up being so fascinated with it that I even bothered my girlfriend that never played any game with it until she sat down and watched me play it, haha.