Quantcast

Pokemon Snap

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Valentino, May 15, 2015.

1. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

It never seemed like it got very popular but I really enjoyed the game for what it was. I'd actually really like to a sequel of the game, maybe something more open world instead of on a singular track. Plus with the addition of all (or at least most) of the new Pokemon it seems like it'd be a lot of fun with endless opportunities.

Were you a fan of the original? Would you like a sequel?

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Never got popular? What? On every forum on the Internet, this game gets praise. It seems that it really had a great effect on people's childhoods, so it's only normal that they look back at it and see it as a great game. I'm not in that category, though, because I never played it in its prime, only years afterwards, on an emulator. It's a pretty good game, but it tends to get really stale after a while. I would like a sequel, though, because I think that Nintendo could make a better game than the original.

3. dreamocracy

dreamocracy Member

I would LOVE to see a Pokemon Snap sequel! I think it would make good use of motion controls especially. That game was so fun and addictive, it was such a rush getting that perfect shot of difficult Pokemon like Mew. There aren't really any similar games out there that I can think of, but thinking about it, I am surprised they haven't already made another Pokemon Snap since people seemed to like the first one.

4. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

Pokemon Snap was my very first game for N64! Actually, I received both the console and the game at the same time (for my birthday) but I digress.

I loved that game. I stayed up way too late trying to get the perfect shot of Mew. I'd definitely be interested in a sequel.

Krisibelle likes this.
  5. Krisibelle

Krisibelle Member

Yes! Mew was so hard to get a good shot of! I seriously loved this game so, so very much. I'm definitely 1000% keen for a sequel. It was just such an original game as well, and it had such an intense replay value. Even though you just followed the same railway track each time you did a level, by interacting with the environment around you, you could change when pokemon would/wouldn't appear.

I'm gonna have to go download an emulator for it now.

6. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Honestly no, I wouldn't like the fact of playing a sequel. I didn't like the game but maybe it's because of me since I've been playing always the same type of pokemon game and now I'm kind of hesitant about this new one.

7. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I loved Pokemon Snap. It was so challenging, but very unique and rewarding. I'm surprised that Nintendo hasn't release a sequel/remake yet. The Wii U gamepad is PERFECT for Pokemon Snap.

8. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

There is a Pokémon Snap? Why haven't I heard of this before? I would like to look this game up sometime.

9. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

I loooove Pokemon Snap (I still occasionally play!) and I do wish they would make a new one. Though perhaps Pokemon Go will be somewhat similar....

10. Jboh

Jboh Active Member Regular

I was a big fan of the original and I really wish they would create a sequel. The Wii U is practically designed for it. From my understanding, the developer of the original Snap game doesn't think it would be as interesting since anyone can take photos these days, which sort of detracts from the niche appeal they were going for back in the day.

I don't know about everyone else, but I really enjoyed being able to observe and interact with Pokemon in their natural habitat. I feel the safari-esque style of the game is what really gave Snap it's charm. :)