Quantcast

Pokemon Shuffle

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by MandyMarieB, Oct 23, 2015.

1. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Just curious, anyone else play this one? ;) It's available for free on both 3DS and Mobile. It's a fun (and rather addicting) game, in a similar vein to Free Falls and Candy Crushes. Except you do have to keep Pokemon Types/Weaknesses into account!

I have it on my 3DS, but I had stopped playing since I was having connectivity issues with my internet on it. But the mobile version makes it much easier; I'm on lv 120. (And am currently stuck, darn you Mega Glalie.)

2. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

I started it but I really haven't had the motivation to play to be honest. The type matchup concept is pretty interesting but I'm not really a fan of the events. They are impossible!

3. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

The Competitive levels you mean? Yeah, those are horrible unless you have real money to spend to elevate yourself. :( (And I don't spend money on that sort of thing.) I was doing the latest one and was within the 10000 ranks for the megastone prize... ran out of lives, came back a couple hours later and I had already been bumped out. So back to the main gameplay/collecting all the Pokemon I go!

4. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

The mechanic is actually close to Puzzle Dragons on mobile, or if you're in the West, something like Terra Battle (another great game). I enjoyed it, but didn't find much to differentiate it from other games on Android. You collect Pokemon and use them for matches, but it just doesn't give me the same feeling. Part of the reason I think is because of how evolution works. You do in in-game, so you have to do it in every matches; which takes out the fun in it a little bit.
    I don't know, it's a great game, just not for me I guess.

5. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member Regular

I never knew it was based on types and weaknesses... I might want to pick this up, because it would be a great way to train my type (dis)advantage skills. I always keep forgetting them. :p

6. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

I played Pokémon Shuffle pretty religiously for a week or two. It got too repetitive after awhile, but it was a fine match three with a few Pokémon elements thrown in.

7. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I played it a few times and found it okay. However, I don't think it offers too much in terms of being able to play it for weeks and weeks. Maybe I'll pick it up again soon.