Pokemon GO's Origins Discussed By Niantic!

Discussion in 'Pokemon Go' started by Todd Black, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Todd Black

Todd Black Well-Known Member
    Regular

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is a cool article. It's super interesting to read about how Pokemon GO got its start.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is actually a very neat backstory. I'm kind of surprised the beginning of the idea was that far back and I guess this was the perfect time to release such a game because a lot of the necessary elements needed for the game are a lot more standard now compared to five years ago.

4. NormaD

NormaD Active Member
    Regular

As a total newbie to the Pokemon Go game it's nice to learn a little bit about the origins of the game. Very interesting article. I totally look forward to learning and playing more of the game. I've only just started playing it and I'm already hooked.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I read about how they got the idea for Pokemon GO and it's pretty neat, it's crazy to think that they were motivated for years to publish this game and they definitely didn't expect this kind of success. Hopefully they can keep adding on features otherwise the game will die out in less than a month.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am still a little shocked by how popular this game is. I do have a more and newfound respect for the game and its creators though now that I know a little bit about where they started and how far they have come. I am not surprised to hear that they had the idea for a while though, and it is probably good they took time to perfect it.

7. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

Its these little cult favorite things that always have the most success that you would never expect. Remember when 'Pogs' launched back in the day, just little circles of cardboard, and it turned into a phenomena.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, Pogs is a good example. Flappy Bird too, who would've thought that a game a beginner programmer can do would become so popular? Nowadays having a good idea is better than how you build it up, you can always upgrade in the future but the concept needs to be strong.