Pneumatic Weapons?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BORIS13, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member

Most defiantly, I loved those weapons.

2. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Awesome, thanks for the vid, really good. :)

3. TrollofWar

TrollofWar Well-Known Member

Pneumatic guns make more sense as silent weapons seeing as silenced ballistic weapons aren't actually all that quiet, even with the subsonic 'dirty ammo'.

4. Shrooms

Shrooms Member

I always liked the Tihar (Ball Bearing Rifle) but i seemed to use the Hellsing more because if it's instant kill to the back (Tihar can only do this if over charged; but that means enemy's can hear you so it defeats the purpose)

5. greenorange

greenorange Member

This really is my first time i visit here. I identified numerous entertaining stuff inside your weblog, particularly its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I'm not the only one getting all of the leisure right here! Preserve up the good perform.

6. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

I loved the pneumnatic weapons has inspired me to make a marble shooting IR RIFLE. i HAVENT CONSTRUCTED IT YET GATHERING MATERIALS.

7. TheLoadedGun

TheLoadedGun New Member

I would agree that both of the weapons that were powered by air need to return. I think that these are realistic and practical: the projectiles are easy to manufacture and the pneumatic firing system would save money that would be spent on the explosives used to propel the projectile. I think the possibilities with weapons powered by air are endless: grenade launchers, noxious liquids propelled by air. I think the Tihar and Hellsing will be it, but they could do a lot more!

8. AltairArtyom

AltairArtyom Well-Known Member

isn't there something strange with the helsing? i mean, it's a pneumatic weapon, but it doesn't use pneumatic ammo, isn't it?

9. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Whats Pneumatic Ammo? Pneumatic is just another word for Air Powered...

The Tihar was good (Forgot it was called that), I loved just playing though some parts with it, it made me feel so much like I was just some guy, same with the Duplet and the Bastard, we need more 'HomeMade Guns'

But in RL, I would so rather make a Conventional weapon, 'cause when shit goes wrong it wont send pieces of metal into your face, well, only little ones for the most part. But something that has the pressure to send a ballbearing with enough velocity to kill someone is gonna be fucken powerfull, ballbearing arnt light!

10. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

mmmh preumatic weapons have never really amused me,so i don't care if they will in the Last Light

11. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

The Hellsing is my baby when I'm stealth-ing Frontline, Outpost, and Black Station. I generally refrain from killing, but when I do, you better believe it's with the Hellsing.

Benefits of Hellsing?

• High damage
      High magazine capacity
      Reusable ammunition, which is a veritable God-send in post apocalyptia
      Awesome name.

Downsides

• Pressure tapers off rapidly, more so than the Tihar.

That's about all I can think of. In terms of Last Light, I'd really like to see more Metro-made weapons. It really makes the game unique in my opinion. Instead of running and gunning with the MP-5, the M4A1, or the 870 MCS, we Metro denizens get to silently kill from the shadows with high pressurized goodness.

12. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

13. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

What the... :)

Aaaaanyway, back to topic. It looks like the hellsing is back in Last Light, so that's good. I just love that thing.

14. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I'd have to say I don't really understand when you're supposed to use the hellsing. You get it at Armory, where the volt driver and auto-shotgun is a possibility. You can get the VSV and just use knives when stealth is needed. Last time I played through campaign I had really been looking forward to it, cause you guys praised it so highly, but I was dissappointed: Bad scope, expensive ammo. All of the kills I got with it, I could have used the throwing knives as well.

15. Teddy Picker

Depends on the difficulty I guess. I primarily play on Ranger modes so the elimination of the crosshair makes using throwing knives extremely difficult. Also, throwing knives tend to get stuck on armor, or pouches on human enemies, while arrows from the Hellsing pierce armor and are always one-hit kills if fully pressurized. Ammunition shouldn't be bought; by the end of the game, I acquired 66 arrows purely from looting, and recovering the arrows I had shot.

16. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Always? Ok, I might just not have had it not fully pressurized.... :eek:

17. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

lol the only overpowered weapon was the Volt Driver ;)

18. Teddy Picker

I wasn't much of a fan of the Volt Driver. I usually just sold the two found in the game for like a mother-load of MGR.

19. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

Of course I want them to return, they are cool and unique and give a feel of desperation how they are homemade.

20. Shade

Shade Member

I guess I'll stick with gun powder automatic guns, rifles and shotguns :) But that's just like me. Used them when I was really out of ***ammo*** options.

Again in the underground I would have always some spare ammo for these guns with me, you never know what you will need, do you?

Cheers,
    Shade