Please include a ini file for the engine or shadow options

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by imran911, Aug 23, 2014.

1. imran911

imran911 New Member

Hello! I just bought Metro Last light on Steam for 5$. I have a Dual core cpu at 2.0 ghz and 4gb of ram and an Nvidia GT 630 2gb ddr. Now I was confident that I could play this game fine but I was wrong for it is running sluggishly on my machine. I thought to myself why? when the system requirements where even lower? So I fiddled with the config file and made everything low including the ssaa which keeps on turning on to 10 even though I switched it to 0. I gained additional 8 fps by doing the tweaks but it isn't enough. What I have noticed in this game is that SHADOWS especially DYNAMIC SHADOWS are rendered REALLY REALLY REALLY HIGH. I wanted to change the resolution to ultra low and keep the awesome textures but there was no option to do it! furthermore if there was an option to disable dynamic shadows it would give a significant boost in performance please add it. Or if there is already can I ask you how to disable dynamic shadows or atleast render it on low?

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Firstly, we're just an unofficial forum made up of fans, so there's no developers from 4A or members from Deep Silver here (except for their International Community manager who stops by now and then to share some news).

Secondly, we've already discussed the settings-manner in another thread. But, I can understand you for making a new one :)

We're all aware that there's no way to edit the settings in the games other than generally editing everything. We agree it really sucks, and we also want a way to edit more specific settings. If you were to going to be able to do so, you'd have to edit some files or something I guess. Perhaps DownRegulation could help you with it, as I know he's been modding both games a lot. But he's passively active, so if you can't get any help from him, I guess Komodo is gonna answer this thread soon enough, probably with some good reply.

Oh, and thank you for stopping by our forum for help on the matter :)

3. You are a little too late for the release of Redux. The final version has already been sent out and the pre-load will begin on the 24th.

But you can still try and send feedback and suggestions to the Deep Silver community manager at https://twitter.com/Pewology. Pew is generally very approachable and helpful. Perhaps they will add it in a later patch unless they have already added this.

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

A 630 is not generally designed for modern gaming, in spite of its extra VRAM. (some prebuilt "gaming rigs" that seem like good deals might pack one in to cut corners on people who don't know any better, though)

I know that my integrated HD4000 in my laptop gets around 30 FPS on low settings, 800x600 for both games, so I'm sure you could probably bump up the resolution just a little bit and still get playable framerates. And make sure to leave actual textures on high, since they only impact performance if you don't have enough VRAM (and 2GB is plenty).

Also I'm assuming by required settings, you mean the minimum settings (since yours do not, in fact, meet the recommended ones)? Never go off of minimum settings; recommended can sometimes be a bit high (the recommended Nvidia 660 Ti I saw listed sits in my machine, and can basically max out the game short of PhysX and SSAA at 40-60 FPS), but technically my laptop meets the minimum requirements too :p.