Playing Offline

Discussion in 'Battleborn' started by daredevil, Mar 23, 2016.

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm pretty sure that Battleborn can be played offline with bots. But how about in multiplayer? Can it be played with bots? I don't know if the game makers have discussed this yet. I'm hoping they can make this a reality though. Our internet connection is pretty much unstable. At least once a week we get disconnected.

#1 daredevil, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I`m not sure they will implement bots to the game, but it would definitely make sense, if not for anything else, then for training, like other games of this type usually do.

3. daredevil

Regular

I certainly hope so! The creators of Battleborn were also the creators of Borderlands. And Borderlands has an offline mode with bots. I wish they could do the same with Battleborn, if not in the launch maybe in the upoming updates. But yeah, I'm also hoping for too much since Borderlands have offline playing with bots of up to two players only. I was really wishing it would be the same 4 to 5 players as well in offline mode.

4. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm pretty sure there'll be such an option.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not too familiar with this specific genre or these types of games but I've played some other MOBAs and those usually only offer practice or story mode in offline. I do hope that they do offer a lot more offline modes in this game too but I will be content as long as the main game itself online runs well enough.

daredevil likes this.
  6. daredevil

Regular

That's my fear as well. Gearbox isn't revealing anything yet. There will be a storyline mode, they approved that. But an offline mode with bots isn't really confirmed yet. I think it would be fun to play Battleborn offline with bots.

Another addition would be playing local co-op. It would be fun splitting screens or maybe having a second screen option for playing as well. All this suspense is actually making my heart break. Haha!

DeeDee likes this.
  7. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Something similar with bots like in Borderlands would be interesting. I would certainly love having that option. It's unfortunate they don't have that as a default option.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think they really should include it because it's the best way players can get better and elevate the meta constantly. I'm sure they will add it eventually even if they don't immediately, and if they don't it really should be demanded by the fans.

9. daredevil

Regular

Update:

There is an offline mode with bots. But there will be no storyline mode offline or with bots. Sadly, Gearbox hasn't implemented this. I guess it stems from the fact that they want to keep the players' accounts secure. And they can only do that through an online inventory. With an offline mode, there's this chance of exploiting gear drops.

Anyway, I guess I am just contented that there's still an offline practice mode with bots. But honestly, the bots aren't that optimised yet. You're better off fighting in online campaigns to further enhance your skills.

DeeDee likes this.
  10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I noticed that too, the bots are pretty weak and not challenging, but I'm sure they're working on the A.I as we speak, we just have to wait a little bit more.

11. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I don't see why they didn't include them in the first place. Hopefully they'll add them in the future for those days when my internet is acting up.

12. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that's how MOBAs are gonna be played for beginners. In Dota and LoL, you can play multiplayer online while playing against bots, just to gain your confidence and learn the different gameplay mechanics until you feel you are ready enough to play against other people in regular matches, and even ranked ones if you are really ready for it. Good luck!

13. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member
    Regular

I also think there they will add the feature in future but they should release it very soon because people are excited.

14. gonemorp

Regular

We should request the developers to add the option to the game. It would make the game very interesting.

15. gonemorp

Regular

Is there any official news on this? I think it will be released soon but do you know when will it be released?

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well that is at least something I guess. I am content with that too I think. At least we have a way to practice offline with bots and yeah they probably are just putting up security measures so exploits don't occur.

17. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Bots are just not the same once you get the taste of the online action, but I guess that would do if you are trying to get better, so it just depends on what stage you are in.

18. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes you can play offline, but to be honest i find it quite boring compared to online .

19. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am sure it can be played offline just like many of the video games.

20. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I thought the game is just the same whether onlineor offline. Or are there minor differences?